GUILTY FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

good news to start my day & keep me smiling throughout!

yay!!!

I'm wondering where she was before she was put under the bed ... ?

gee, I wonder how tab feels about so staunchly defending SB now ... or if she knew all along ...

Don't know about Tab if she knew or not but we will probably find out soon enough. It will be very interesting once we do.

Long time lurker first time poster

FYI Tab is on topix covering her a$$

I have been reading and cant keep up with all the posts. Baby Shannon alive. I had nohope at all. sigh. I was shocked and awed to see the news this morning.

Not to put a damper on anything, but where has the Bakers been all these years???

Black market babies are not unheard of by any means. Susan says she is a paralegal, so even though she is not, she would know how to make fake adoption papers. A notary stamp etc, can be bought very easy and no proof of taking the test is needed. I wonder if she is not a kidnapper? not just once. Could she have sold Paul? Where did Nina go?

Hopefully Susan and husband will spend the rest of their lives in prison. Florida has some tough laws.

I agree with who ever said Susan may have already been in the parents home.

When I took stuff over to the Vollys, there was a gray van about 1 street over. I slowed down right in front of that house, but it was not because I thought anything about the van. I had to slow down for traffic I saw coming towards me. A few hours later I saw this gray van drive slowly past my house. Sorta spooked me. Unless there is another gray van that lives out that way. I hope we get to see a picture of that Van. My car sticks out like a sore thumb and it would not be hard to find me. Maybe the gray van just happened to have gone this way. I dont know what to make of that yet.

I was probably out in that area about an hour, I was trying to get the feel for the lay of the land, as well as I was lost and on a dead end street. That was a trick trying to back up etc and not get my tires in the sand. I was taking pictures for myself as well as anyone else that wanted to see what the area looked like. If someone has not been in this part of Florida, its hard to imagine what its really like. I tell my family I am living in a jungle!!!! I got some things for the vollys, went back and gave them to the lady then left.

Do we know how long Bakers have lived here at the Orange Hill address? Do they go away for weeks at a time? They could be knocking down some big money. Im sure there are other young children and babies that have never been found around here.
I was so happy and now Im all ticked off again. I dont think this thread is going to end any time soon. JMO

Although there are KEY MEMBERS who made this happen, it was a TEAM who helped brainstorm and confirm what they were doing. Everyone was involved in one way or another and I know EastCoast and Cleo recognize that. I am very very proud of all of you! (I wasn't there when it was going down - DANG! LOL)

I don't know if Tab knew.
I'd bet she did. The TP (written as the whole name) post on Cornwall's case makes me wonder. Any connection to a missing person from anyone in this saga is suspicious to me.
If anyone happens to have my link from last night on the Cornwall case, let me know. Otherwise, I'll be back a thread digging it up for reference.

That's what she gets for "thinkin'", as my grandma used to say!!!

GIVE ME A BREAK! She knew what SB did in 1987 and she didn't think she would do something like this? :banghead:

I'm gonna cut Tab some slack. She sounds young and she is SB's step-neice, I believe, so she has only what she has known or experienced. If she is in the age range I suspect she is then she was a child or not born yet at the time of Paul's disappearance. Being suspect in murder and convicted of child abuse is not exactly something SB probably bragged about so here on WS may have been the first Tab heard of this stuff and who would she ask about it? Aunt Sue, and I highly doubt she got any sort of truth from Aunt Sue. SB would have portrayed herself as a victim.

Sometimes youth is impetuous and quite frankly "dumb". I've been young (long long ago, lol) so I remember the attitude.

For a weird reason, I have felt the baby was with Tab all along.
Maybe that is where she was?

"Thou doth protesteth too much" :)

Fox is having something about this any minute. Just cannot believe this. What were they thinking...Very Very Strange.

Can't wait for the Presser...

Best news of the day!!!! A miracle!
Now what was SB doing with a baby hidden under her bed in a box!!!!!!!
Explain that one, SB

I still can't wrap my head around this! WHY?, would they do this? I understand, just like Haleigh Bug and Caylee those of us who care will never hear an excuse that will make sense, best we can hope for is an answer that fits.

SB is obviously a sick, sick woman, her husband James either a complete fool or as twisted as she.

Tina, a young mother caught up in their disease of the soul...

Washington County Sheriff Bobby Haddock, the giant of a man, who spent 5 days with thoughts of nothing other than finding this little bitty girl. Walking into a news conference with her in his arms, looking into each others eyes. Little Shannon the very picture if innocence, the sheriff a man who has seen too much ugliness, but for last night all was well in the world. He was able to hand lil Shannon to her grandma who "drove all the way from TX for the news conference" praying see would see her baby grand daughter alive.

All those people searching the woods day after day, looking for a little baby, fearing what they may be about to find and understanding it is 100 times worse not knowing.

All the while baby Shannon, blissfully unaware of the drama going on around her but for as long as she lives those of us who have been here around the clock since 10/31 will remember; the Halloween she disappeared and turned up 5 days later.

Like the tiny girl who spent 2 1/2 days in a well. Now 22 years later, a grown woman with her own little boy, and yet still baby Jessica to those who see her on the street.

To our wonderful new members today:

6.gif

This question is for the many sleuthers here ,who are in the know...Please tell me first, how did S Baker get only 80 days for beating the little girl, with intent to KILL,(regardless of time served it couldn't have been enough),,,and,,,,,how much time could she get if she and hubby are found guilty of kidnapping????Along with kidnapping, what other charges could be brought on them? Thanks in advance for your replys.

This is my opinion ONLY. I think 22 years ago things were quite different in the legal world. Who would believe a young mother (at the time) could do such a thing. Liberal judges, Reagan was in office. Now I loved Reagan, but funding for mental institutions (where SB should have been at that time) was drastically cut.

IMHO this forced administrators to release patients who shouldn't have been. The practice continued during his reign as people are admitted and space/staff/basic necessities are insufficient to accomodate them. So what happens - they're back on the street.

In short, too many cutbacks in the state mental health system, letting the crazies run amok. I can't say what our court systems were like at that time (too busy partying in my 20's I guess). But I remember my mother was livid about it.

I believe it will come out that once SB is mentally evaluated, there will be issues that go waaayyyyyy back when Paul went missing.

Again, just MO -- don't want to get all political on a ya'all.

Mel

Cleo please forgive me leaving your name out. Go back to page 6 and see i revised my comment....i am so happy this turned out to be a good day with shannon safe and sound.

I missed Fox....what new news do they have?
any pressers?
so mom,dad and SB all arrested?
kidnapping?

dang it, work beckons although I wish I could stay and celebrate, you fine folks have a great day. Maybe I can pop in later and do some speed reading to catch up.

I wonder if SB convinced Tina that her baby was going to be taken away from her and this was the only way to be able to see her. We know that Tina thinks like a young teenager.

I can't help wondering if it could have come to a point that if SB thought she was going to get caught, she would have made Shannon "disappear" like Paul. LE got there before she thought about it that much....

Thank you all for clarifying the incredible turn of events that happened! Amazing! EastCoast and Cleo I hope you are feeling very proud this morning. All WS members should feel proud to be apart of such a great community.

Whenever I feel guilty for spending too much time purusing Charley Project while I should be working I will remember this - you never know when that info you retained will come back.

Anyone have a link to the new presser today -- that's just about to happen? I can't remember where we were at last night...

Thanks,

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members