GUILTY FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul is the 3 year old stepson of Susan, bio child of her husband James, that has been missing since 1987. Susan was found guilty of beating the 6 year old sister of Paul, and sentenced to 10 years, later suspended to 80 days time served.
She was also indicted in the disappearance of Paul, there was no punishment.
Also indicted, James, who is his father, as well as being Susan's husband.

Interesting little tidbits.
Paul disappeared while Susan was still the babysitter, she married James after.
Paul supposedly disappeared while Susan was asleep, taking a nap...
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/baker_paul.html

Good Morning Kimster! Yes, we are all aflutter over the good news awaiting us this morning! One child saved/found. It is so gratifying to know that sometimes, despite all odds and despite the depressing statistics, sometimes, they really do come home :)

Kudos to EastCoast and Cleo. Proof that we can actually help make a difference.

Here are the details in a nutshell.

Today, 01:16 AM
mgardner[/SIZ"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
user_online.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimster
How in the world did EastCoast figure that out? Was she Googling Susan and that popped up?

I hope EastCoast doesn't mind me quoting the post. But the other day the following was posted by EC (in the first thread):

I just started reading this thread tonite, and the mention of the babysitters name rang a bell. I don't know if we are aloud to say it, but look up the Paul Baker missing thread on Websleuths. He has been missing since 1987, his stepmoms name is the same as the babysitter in this case, and they moved to Chipley Fla. years ago

EastCoast then called LE with the information and diligently followed up. By the grace of god, there are angels among us who are meant to be here at the perfect place and time.

Thank you EastCoast - you should be so proud!!

Mel

I contacted the Washington County Sheriff's Office in Florida right after EastCoast posted about little Paul Baker and the connection to Susan Baker. I also contacted the media in Chipley, Florida. The following morning, EastCoast called LE in SC to tell them what was happening in Florida with Susan Baker.

My nutshell:

Shannon goes missing from a home where the parents are mentally challenged.
Babysitter was Susan Baker. SB and another relative start a smear campaign against the mom, Tina.
EastCoast figures out that Susan Baker was involved in her missing step-son's case back in 1987 (via a WS thread!)
Cleo calls LE to let them know the connection.
LE had been watching SB, but Cleo's call gave them the connection.
LE swoops down on SB's house and finds baby Shannon under the bed!!!

This question is for the many sleuthers here ,who are in the know...Please tell me first, how did S Baker get only 80 days for beating the little girl, with intent to KILL,(regardless of time served it couldn't have been enough),,,and,,,,,how much time could she get if she and hubby are found guilty of kidnapping????Along with kidnapping, what other charges could be brought on them? Thanks in advance for your replys.

It was soooooooo much fun reading all the comments that were made when y'all woke up this morning! I am just finishing up my first cup of coffee. It was very exciting last night when the news broke. I don't think many know about how EastCoast and Cleo were involved in finding Shannon...!

You and me both. It's so rare to have such a happy ending. Reading the posts as people have come on have me grinning ear to ear.

you rock hard Cleo. You rock HARD!

Just writing that nutshell gave me the chills and put tears back in my eyes! Oh my gosh, this is an amazing story! I AM SO PROUD OF EAST COAST AND CLEO and all of our loving caring members who brainstormed with them!!!

WEBSLEUTHS CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!

Thanks Tricia for starting a new thread. Thanks everyone for staying up half the night with me on these boards. Thanks Sheriff and all your Lawmen/women for bringing this baby home. Thanks Chanii for posting with us and helping us understand the situation. The video of the Sheriff with the baby is precious.

Thank you EASTCOAST and CLEO for making connections and phone calls. My prayer now is that the SC LE can take something from this horrible incident and find little Paul.

You all ROCK and I am proud to be a member of Websleuths!

Salem

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

good news to start my day & keep me smiling throughout!

yay!!!

I'm wondering where she was before she was put under the bed ... ?

gee, I wonder how tab feels about so staunchly defending SB now ... or if she knew all along ...

You can get life for kidnapping, right? Especially when it is seen as endangering the life of a medically fragile infant?

LE said Shannon was in a box under the bed from 8:00 AM (on Wednesday) until they found her at 9:55 PM that night. That's an awfully long time, and torture, on a child. Found in a soiled diaper - no clothes or blanket mentioned. We'll find out soon if Shannon was fed or clothed by way of clothes, food, or bottles found or not found in the home (and trash). When I think of the details, I do get sick to my stomach.

May there be swift and appropriate punishment in this case!

Mel

Wow good thinking...Yes they had to feed her. I wonder if LE found empty formula cans and pampers, etc in their trash. How did LE know this child was there? Sorry but do we know yet? Did the baby cry and they heard her? Or did SB confess?

It was soooooooo much fun reading all the comments that were made when y'all woke up this morning! I am just finishing up my first cup of coffee. It was very exciting last night when the news broke. I don't think many know about how EastCoast and Cleo were involved in finding Shannon...!

I had to go back and read just to see how this all went down.
Great job EastCoast and Cleo...and we're just a bunch of wanna be's....pppfffttt!
Yeah, right!
You are all awesome and this is proof, we do make a difference!
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Wow good thinking...Yes they had to feed her. I wonder if LE found empty formula cans and pampers, etc in their trash. How did LE know this child was there? Sorry but do we know yet? Did the baby cry and they heard her? Or did SB confess?

Between Cleo and East Coast, they pretty much drew LE a map...
MOO

Tab is "sorry"

26 min ago Before everyone starts their bad mouthing me, I really did not think Sue would have done this! I did defend her, and I was wrong. I am very upset, and mostly at myself! I hope they put Sue under the jail, and I want to apologies for defending her! Glad Shannon is safe, and sound!
Tab
25 min ago I know now that I will never defend anyone again and to me from now on everyone is guilty until proven otherwise!

I bawled my eyes out last night/this morning when they held the press conference and we heard the news. I am still bawling my eyes out.

Thank God someone listened to the information that was provided to them. I was so afraid when I called that I was going to be thought of as just another crackpot. I'm so happy that it didn't turn out that way.

May little Shannon have a full, long, prosperous life filled with love, laughter, and happiness.

BTW, even my own 18 yo son is impressed! LOL

Now that is something! Teens these days are sooo dificult to impress, *chuckles*

Between Cleo and East Coast, they pretty much drew LE a map...
MOO

Actually it was Elpher50 who drew that map. :dance::dance:

Orange Hill Road - it took me 50 posts to get the darn connection LOL!

Salem

Tab is "sorry"

26 min ago Before everyone starts their bad mouthing me, I really did not think Sue would have done this! I did defend her, and I was wrong. I am very upset, and mostly at myself! I hope they put Sue under the jail, and I want to apologies for defending her! Glad Shannon is safe, and sound!
Tab
25 min ago I know now that I will never defend anyone again and to me from now on everyone is guilty until proven otherwise!

That's what she gets for "thinkin'", as my grandma used to say!!!

GIVE ME A BREAK! She knew what SB did in 1987 and she didn't think she would do something like this? :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member