GUILTY FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OK, you are missing my point and I will give up and let you have the last word.

Goodnight all!!!!

what can you say "good" about Tina really?? Nothing that I can see

my state apparently is going ahead with prosecuting Tina for the crimes it alleges that she committed

I am amazed that some people will post much worse and inflamtory things about a "friend" of a missing woman (Kirstii i the Susan Powell case) yet object when I post facts about a person who is sitting in jail with charges against her

No I don't think that Tina should ever have custody of this baby who was in a box
I don't think the "family" (who made a phone call...big whoop) should have custody cause Tina WILL get around that baby

I am sure Tina will worm her way back in and then who knows what will happen? Not to mention the counseling and help the baby will need to get over the fact her own mother gave her away

IF you bother to read the local blogs about this, and bother to read the media transcripts...Tina is one uncaring and selfish parent

oh ...her "problems"...her problems conveniently seem to be all about what she wants...she was so calm and uncaring in the beginning cops thought this was a Halloween prank! Rusty at least was upset and so worried...Tina was calm and cool
LE suspected her from the start

i dont have any particular loyalties to either side of this but would like to mention that this is NOT the family support thread. this is the case FACT thread. i have no desire to be rude to the family on any thread, if the family is offended by a member with questions about what the NEWS is reporting, well, i dont even know what to say... its just that the family is not the only source of info and if their info is at times contradictory, i guess that is to be expected, but i dont believe that there are any reasons for quoting fiction for fact. these are all the reasons why there is a family thread and fact/case thread.

OK Everyone,

Hoppyfrog had to take this thread out and clean it up because of the bickering.

If I have too I will close this thread and give time out/permanent bans if I must.

We HATE doing this. No one wants to come down hard on our terrific posters so please follow TOS and be polite. Attack the post and not the poster.

Thanks,
Tricia

I'd like to say I'm sorry to Hoppy and Tricia if anything I said in my posts caused them any additional work. Thanks for what y'all do. Your hard work is appreciated.

I totally agree with Logical Minds and yes this isnt a lets support the family and cheer lead.

The point is you have to take sides in what is right. Just like the Casey Anthony family that refuse to face the plain facts that all the evidence points to their daughter being a murderer of their grandchild.

People stay loyal to family and we wonder how a kid can be abused and killed and no one say a word. The point is that family and friends can slip into the enabler role and make excuses.

The facts are that Tina committed a crime. Henceforth the charges. If it was my kid there would be no way I could cover and excuse her poor decisions. If she is mentally ill or has a problem like that then shouldnt have someone gotten her help?

If the living conditions she was in were poor then yes Florida's version of CPS should have did something, but come on, what about the family? I would call the law on my own kid if I felt my grandkid wasnt being treated right. Some people feel you cannot take sides. Really??? You take the side that is right.

if you are referring to me, my meaning is that i dont have any loyalties to the posters involved in this war... i meant nothing in relation to what is ethically correct concerning baby shannon.

if you are referring to me, my meaning is that i dont have any loyalties to the posters involved in this war... i meant nothing in relation to what is ethically correct concerning baby shannon.

No, not you Nellie, not at all! I was speaking in general terms.:angel:

Dear Posters:

I want to make you aware of the “alert” button on each post. It is the white triangle in the upper right-hand corner of each post.

When you click on it, a box will open into which you can type the problem with the post. Then you click on send and the moderators receive the alert via email.

You don’t need to write a novel regarding a post you report. The reason you enter can be as simple as “rude” or “attacking” or “off-topic.”

I want to remind you about the alert button because the truth is that we don’t receive nearly enough alerts about problematic posts.

The sooner we as moderators are alerted to a post, the sooner we can look at and correct it, if needed.

I know some of you hesitate to use the alert button, but please don’t hesitate.

If a problematic post is not reported, the whole thread can go south very, very quickly. And then what happens is that we have to pull a thread and sometimes spend hours going through a thread post by post to clean it up.

And that is an incredible waste of time.

You’ll save us a lot of teeth-gnashing by reporting problematic posts promptly. (Say that ten times quickly!)

I would much rather spend my time posting new missing persons cases for us to sleuth than to spend time cleaning up threads; I currently have over 500 new, unread Google alerts in my inbox regarding missing persons. I’d rather be posting those new cases than refereeing arguments.

Please note that I write this as general advice, not in response to any one post or thread.

Thank you for taking time to read this, and have a blessed and joyous New Year!

Hoppy
mod

March 21, 2010 01:27:00 PMBaker's long-missing stepson won't factor in trial

CHIPLEY — Susan Baker’s missing stepson Paul — presumed dead by his family 23 years after he vanished — won’t come up in the Baby Shannon trial, the prosecutor in the case has decided.
Assistant State Attorney Greg Wilson doesn’t need the distraction, he said Friday.
“Simply put, the case against Baker is putting the child in the box under the bed and leaving her there,” he said. “It’s as straightforward as that.”

http://www.newsherald.com/articles/stepson-82417-baker-trial.html

Prosecutor: Susan Baker may have kidnapped child

March 21, 2010 01:25:00 PM

ANDREW GANT / News Herald Writer
CHIPLEY — There’s a new theory materializing in the case against Susan Baker: kidnapping.
More than four months after searchers found 7-month-old Shannon Dedrick hidden in Baker’s home, locked in a small cedar box and shoved under a bed, the prosecutor seeking her conviction is investigating a theory apart from the one law enforcement presented. Maybe Baker didn’t arrange a swap for the baby as charged; maybe she just stole her.
For the rest of this report, see the Sunday, March 14, print edition of The News Herald or subscribe to the online Olive e-paper edition here.

Thanks for the updates on Baby Shannon. SB is evil personified. I often think of Shannon and send a prayer in her direction.

I think that they are making 2 big mistakes here

I wish they could use the info on her "missing" stepson and why no charges for that?

If she "kidnapped" the baby then why did Tina meet her let it happen??

I think they are both going to get very light slap on the wrist and is just not right

So let's find Paul....she is not that smart, just evil. So where did she put him? In the river?

Her aggravated assault charge is a ClassA1 misdemeanor...which surprised me.
http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/HTML/BySection/Chapter_14/GS_14-33.html

I figured it would be a felony, but not in the Great State of NC. I suppose it will depend on what happens with Shannon's case and whether she actually goes to trial on a felony kidnapping charge....she really looks like a habitual offender which jury's dont like.

Shannon's amma just wanting you to know your family is in our thoughts and prayers hoping things are going well I know it is probably going to be a long hard fight but nothing worth while is easy and I know you will have years ahead to enjoy.

I hope Tina and Shannon are both doing well, hang in there!

I didn't have a chance to thank you earlier for the adorable picture of Shannon you or your family posted. She is such a cutie.

pretrial was this morning as far as I know. so far nothing in clerk of courts, but I did find this.

WASHINGTON COUNTY SHERIFFS DEPARTMENT BAKER SUSAN ELIZABETH 01/28/2010 LIEN WASHINGTON 201067000468 841/245 1

2002 Toyota Van Final Judgment for forfeiture judgment .

Whatever happened in this case? Is there another thread for it here? tia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwaggoner16
Back