GUILTY FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I do not have shannon yet. She is undergoing extensive testing and the judge will not release her from florida yet. But I will let you all know when that happens.

Logical Minds We all understand your position, you have repeated it endlessly. Why, I have no idea. We are not thrilled that you have run off the family of this little girl.
To Shannons Amma, good luck to you and your family. We are not all judging you.
We would be happy to have updated on Shannon in the future, if you feel so inclined to post.

There are quite a few of us that agree with Logical Minds but are not posting after seeing how awful she has been treated for her opinion. ;)

There are quite a few of us that agree with Logical Minds but are not posting after seeing how awful she has been treated for her opinion. ;)

Thanks... :)

I am just posting about a really unfit mother whose "story" I saw over and over on my tv

I will clear a few things up. Rusty's family would not let anyone in our family have any contact with tina. When I would call his sisters house to talk to tina they would scream at me to never call there again and hang up on me. Finally after weeks of trying to find out how tina was doing and getting hung up on I contacted the state police and told them that I was concerned about my handicapped daughter and begged them to go to his sisters house and check on her so they did and told me she was fine. I went to florida to see her in 08 and had to meet her at a park because I was not allowed to come to his sisters house and I had never even met these people. I bought tina a phone card every month so she could call me and never heard from her because her and rusty would use it up in florida calling friends.
You do not need to defend yourself. You have done nothing wrong. Enjoy your Granddaughter! I will be rooting for you!
Happy Holidays!

Logical Minds, it could be that you are not getting many responses because posters have put you on ignore. We all understand your position, you have repeated it endlessly. Why, I have no idea. We are not thrilled that you have run off the family of this little girl.
To Shannons Amma, good luck to you and your family. We are not all judging you.
We would be happy to have updated on Shannon in the future, if you feel so inclined to post.

Apparently unless one parrots some others here...."Tina was mislead, Tina was used...Poor Tina"....etc...then one is attacked

I do post about a person who is under arrest and going to court for crimes she is accused of in my state
and I don't have any sympathy for her...sorry

if Shannon had been in that box a bit longer, and died, would you be lovey dovey about "poor Tina"?:?

Sorry I am not about to forget that Tina never told the truth and did not "save" her own daughter

don't you think that LE, shrinks, her family were trying to get the truth out of her?? when the info on Susan Baker came out ,don't you think they told Tina?? Nothing moved her

Some people need to toughen up...when you have a family member accused of crimes and in jail, many people won't be that sympathetic....just look at all the various posts on the "local" media ...every time they have run a story on Shannon the vast majority of people feel as I do and as others do

they don't want to see Tina anywhere near that baby..

Shannon's amma -

I was just thinking about you while watching Jane Velez Mitchell's show -- they are going to have DHS investigate Charlie Sheen's children and children from another marriage, multimillionaires all, and the children are well cared for and in no danger (honestly) - just more news --

And then when you and I call with really serious issues and no one else is around to help - everything looks okay to them (DHS).

And not only does everything seem fine, but (at least in my case) that they really don't want to be bothered unnecessarily again. We have ALREADY been there.

That was my experience, and now they are going to Bevery Hills to make sure (pretty much unnecessarily) multimillionaire children are okay. Meanwhile, not in the spotlight . . .

Shannon's amma -

I was just thinking about you while watching Jane Velez Mitchell's show -- they are going to have DHS investigate Charlie Sheen's children and children from another marriage, multimillionaires all, and the children are well cared for and in no danger (honestly) - just more news --

And then when you and I call with really serious issues and no one else is around to help - everything looks okay to them (DHS).

I have posted info about Florida's DCF before....this is the state that "lost" Rilya Wilson for ? 15 months....and kept paying her abusers/murderers her monthly check....the state that at one point had over 600 kids in the "system" that they could not find..our whole DCF was worked over....14 supervisors and the head of the agency fired
new law passed....if social workers "fudge" a report (Rilya's caseworker admitted she had not done the visits, just filed the reports...off to get her nails done, shop, have lunch whatever)...but now that is a felony to file false reports

yet our DCF only gets a fraction of the "reports" called in...I posted the fact and the link to that story

IMHO the fact that the GMA called in the report is ok, but no follow thru??

I'm sorry, I missed that link - what do you mean a "fraction" of the reports -- because I really want to know. My grandson is okay by the grace of God - but there was a long period of about a year -- no help -- my grandson slept outdoors in Jax, FL, in the winter, and he was 6 months old.

I begged, called local police, Tallahassee, everything I could. They suggested I put up signs.

Anyway, this is OT, and I just wanted shannon's amma to know I tried too to no avail, and to watch what they are doing with children who obviously don't need it --

thanks, though, logicalminds.

Thanks for your response. I am sure it has been extremely rough for you during all of this. I am glad that you now have Shannon, and I hope that Tina can learn to take responsibility. Good luck, hold that little girl very tight. I can't imagine how it would be to not be able to see or talk to my daughter, or my grandchild.

it appears that it will be months before the state makes a decision

unreal that they are even considering Tina !!...Rusty also wants custody
they are making a "case plan"..and neither parent may get custody ...it may be determined that the baby will go to a new loving family...also the grandmoter is listed as also requesting custody

as I said...if you want info, go to the media

(not by me...I post links and references for my posts)

Thousands of abuse reports to a DCF hot line go unheeded every month because of a new screening process intended to keep the strained system functioning.

A finding of the joint review: About 46 percent of the cases studied by the two administrators -- BSO's James Walker and DCF's Kimberly Welles -- ultimately were phoned back to the hot line by BSO investigators who concluded the children remained at risk, said Riordan, a DCF spokesman in Broward.

Statewide, Abramowitz said, about 6 percent of prevention referrals are phoned back to the hot line.

the rest of the article is here...
http://www.miamiherald.com/569/story/1356292-p3.html

the "new system" means they just ignore a lot of the calls due to budget cuts

I think these social workers should be accountable too

Logical: This is my post and then your post where you quoted me on this post.

I don't think after what Shannon has been thru her grandma would leave Tina to take care of Shannon while she ran her business. I just don't see that happening.

But I do see her as Tinas mom and wanting to care of her too. I see your point that Tina may be around Shannon a little too much. But, I don't think grandma will forget what happened to Shannon on Tinas watch any time soon. And if keeping Shannon safe means never leaving her alone with Tina (I totally agree with that) I think grandma will see to that. Jmo

We really have no way of knowing any of this...your opinion that she would not let Tina around the baby is just that...your opinion

besides...my interest in this has a lot to do with the Florida DCF,....I sincerely want to know why Tina was allowed to keep Shannon in that messy trailer, with NO phone....?? IF she is as mentally frail as we hear she is (she sounded ok on the phone call, not mentally disabled really, just cold and calm and almost "falsely polite"..with her incessant "yes mam" stuff)

I am interested in the fact that in so many of these tragedies involving kids the DCF (or whatever the state calls them) has already been there, "knows" them,,,or there are such obvious signs

look at little Marc in NY...Shaynia in NC....Sarah's mixed up family in MD...little Haileigh and 17 year old live in her dad had there...
and Shannon in Florida

all so many bad decisions

I don't understand the sugar coating some people want to give this "case" here...to me Tina is a criminal who endangered her child period.
She abused the 911 and LE....she endangered searchers and dogs..
she endangered her child every minute that she was out there with that monster Susan Baker

I don't "get it" that so many here are so willing to make excuses for her

I think Shannon is well rid of her, I think that poor baby needs extra help...and I don't think that Tina is about to change.. why do we think that Tina will suddenly take her meds, stay away from bad choices in men, stop smoking pot, etc??

BBM

Was this whole post in response to my post??? Just asking because it seems you were directing this to me.
If you read my post that you quoted, we see eye to eye on a lot about Tina. My post was about Shannon's Amma. And the BBM part I don't get. Tina was an adult and in another state. Do you not feel Gma's hands were tied on how much control she had over Tina?
I'm not being snarky, just asking. I see your frustration with Tina, I really do.
But why with Shannon's Amma?

Despite the post where it was crowed "SHE'S MINE" it appears that it will be months before the state makes a decision.
This is rude and uncalled for. To me this is attacking an innocent person. No where did I see anyone crow "she is mine". I would like to see the like to that so called crow.

It didn't happen. All I can say. An exaggeration is the best I can come up with

Logical!!!!
Again you quoted me and ranted about Tina!!!!
My point on this is that we see eye to eye on a lot of things about Tina.
I said I was talking about the gma.

I repect your opinions but why do you keep quoting me and talking about Tina?

Just curious.

Logical!!!!
Again you quoted me and ranted about Tina!!!!
My point on this is that we see eye to eye on a lot of things about Tina.
I said I was talking about the gma.

I repect your opinions but why do you keep quoting me and talking about Tina?

Just curious.

Hi...I guess I am replying to your post and then I get off on another tangent LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~
*another tangent LOL
isn't it funny how people will claim to "ignore" when I am more than willing to post quotes, links, and facts...and even say I am wrong when I am ??

I think when she said MINE, she was thinking positive, maybe hopeing. I don't think she tried to imply she had custody. I think other posters assumed wrong that she already had custody.
When I read that post, I knew what she meant. I knew she didn't have custody yet.

It's not Shannon's Amma's fault she was misunderstood.

And when Shannon's Amma returned and saw the woo hooos and the congrats...IMO she let them know she did not yet have custody.

Hi...I guess I am replying to your post and then I get off on another tangent LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~
*another tangent LOL
isn't it funny how people will claim to "ignore" when I am more than willing to post quotes, links, and facts...and even say I am wrong when I am ??

Ok, well, can you maybe please try to rant in a seperate post. lol

I'm not making excuses...just giving my opinion.
My opinion was stated plainly in the post above. Not excuses.

Just trying to explain my opinion of how her post was misunderstood.

My daughter has been tested most of her life and has been counseled and LOVED, and shannon will be in a loving home as well, MINE!

You really don't see this as a gma who feels in her heart she will get custody. Or a gma that is trying to stay positive in thinking she will get custody?
Do you think she was trying to imply she was 100% gonna get custody?
Misunderstood is how I see it. To me, that's not an excuse. It's how I see it. It's my opinion.

I don't think she presented it as fact.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwaggoner16
Back