GUILTY FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tina is still in custody and was not released on her felony charges based on susan bakers testimony only, no other evidence. Tina will get to visit with shannon on christmas. I do not have custody of shannon yet but will soon. Me and my husbands home has been carefully investigated as well as every other aspect of our lives and we have been approved for placement of shannon in our home. We are just waiting patiently for her arrival. We are truely blessed.

Great transcript from Nancy Grace...
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0911/05/ng.01.html

Let's not forget what really went down here

I am so sick of the "mentally ill" defense....the guy who killed that girl in Virginia was bipolar and so what...he is in for life

That baby was lucky she even made it to 7 months with these people JMO

isn't it a shame that Tina didn't even have a phone or a microwave...she was always borrowing cigarettes and the microwave at the trailer next door..that is where she made her false 911 call from...just revolting to me

I did read where the dad of poor Susan Powell bought her a cell phone so she could call...wonder why Tina didn't even have a phone when she had a little baby and everyone apparently "knew" she was not very responsible or reliable?? Just unreal to me

I do agree with Nancy Grace when she says this >>>

GRACE: B.S. and I am holding my tongue, all right? Don`t start trying to tell me there`s not a prosecution because the baby happened to live. You know what? That is thanks to God. This is definitely a miracle. But huh-uh. No, no, no. They can be forgiven while they are behind bars.

Tina is still in custody and was not released on her felony charges based on susan bakers testimony only, no other evidence. Tina will get to visit with shannon on christmas. I do not have custody of shannon yet but will soon. Me and my husbands home has been carefully investigated as well as every other aspect of our lives and we have been approved for placement of shannon in our home. We are just waiting patiently for her arrival. We are truely blessed.

:woohoo:

I doubt that the felony charges are "based on Susan Baker's testimony" ONLY..
that sounds like "spin" to me

they had a lot to charge her with...pretty obvious that they suspected Tina and Susan right from the start

Judge orders case plan for Baby Shannon's parents

CHIPLEY — A circuit judge on Tuesday ordered a case plan for 9-month-old Shannon Dedrick’s parents, listing several preconditions to meet before the state considers granting custody.

Even if baby Shannon’s mother, Crystina Mercer, follows the orders, she might not get her daughter back.

“What we do, and what the law requires, is that we do offer parents that opportunity, that chance,” said Courtney Peel, the state Department of Children and Families’ 14th Circuit operations administrator.

http://www.newsherald.com/news/parents-80057-baby-plan.html

They offer the parents a chance? WTF???? There should be no way in hell these parents are allowed in the same city as Shannon let alone have custody of her.

"...and what the law requires..."

It's a procedure they have to follow. Doesn't mean she will get full custody of Shannon. Of course they will take into consideration the outcome of the trial and Tina's mental state...which none of us have much of a clue about.

I commend the Grandmother here for fighting for her Granddaughter and Daughter.

They offer the parents a chance? WTF???? There should be no way in hell these parents are allowed in the same city as Shannon let alone have custody of her.

THANK YOU!

I don't see how they could ever "trust" them again...

really I will say it again...this was a miracle but NO thanks to the mother, Tina

she had 5 days, and I am sure LE, social workers, psycholgists, her family etc...trying to get her to say what happened to her baby
She didn't do squat..it is NO thanks to her that Shannon is alive

as far as the grandmother goes (her husband is not the biological grandfather)....I would be concerned that
Tina would be with them...and around the baby

the grandmother works, has a business?? and then who will watch the baby...Tina??

Hate to say it, but what if something happens to the grandmother...who gets the baby?? Tina??

and what might she do in the future ??? I don't know but I don't feel she should be anywhere around kids

Judge orders case plan for Baby Shannon's parents

CHIPLEY — A circuit judge on Tuesday ordered a case plan for 9-month-old Shannon Dedrick’s parents, listing several preconditions to meet before the state considers granting custody.

Even if baby Shannon’s mother, Crystina Mercer, follows the orders, she might not get her daughter back.

“What we do, and what the law requires, is that we do offer parents that opportunity, that chance,” said Courtney Peel, the state Department of Children and Families’ 14th Circuit operations administrator.

Ridiculous!! They have to offer the chance and opportunity to the parents?? What about Shannon?? What chance and opportunity will be offered to her?? :furious:

Where is Shannons daddy?

A better question might be WHO is Shannon's Daddy??

I will say this..."Rusty" was so upset and wanted to find Shannon, that was obvious from all the news reports...while Tina was cool and pretty much unconcerned

many reports of that...from LE, neighbors...of course Tina knew pretty much where Shannon was...I THINK (JMO) that she filed the FALSE 911 to appease the worried Rusty
SSI said Tina was ok to live alone...why would we suddenly think that Tina would now be amiable and responsible?? Apparently Tina wanted to NOT take her meds, was out running around (locals say she left the baby with various people while she went out with a girlfriend)...smoking pot (and cigs) around the baby....just ridiculous to even think she should be around a baby

Shannons amma, this is such wonderful news! I could not be happier for Shannon. I am so happy she has you - and that you have her! :)

Bless all of you. Have a wonderful Christmas!

"...and what the law requires..."

It's a procedure they have to follow. Doesn't mean she will get full custody of Shannon. Of course they will take into consideration the outcome of the trial and Tina's mental state...which none of us have much of a clue about.

I commend the Grandmother here for fighting for her Granddaughter and Daughter.

Me too. Amazing the peeps that can't/won't read the link in it's entirety. I learned something. Snip/post what you want and that's all that MOST read. SAD oh and ETA Pathetic.

I personally think this child would be better off with a new family....away from Tina

In the meantime, the little girl is “thriving” in foster care, Peel said

I bet she is....her own mother took a picture of her with a bottle of orange soda and bag of huggies...now she is dressed cute and has a picture with a teddy bear

Shannon (obviously) does have some challenges...in the very first articles about the case Shannon was described as having "developmental problems" and her large head was noted
Many have wondered if the poor parenting had left Shannon with "attachment disorder"....how much love and care did she recieve ??
What did Susan Baker do to her when her own mother dropped her off there so much or allowed Baker to watch her (from all reports, Tina also let others watch her infant....she liked her own freedom I guess)

Now she has the stigma of being the "baby in the box"...the foster mother covers her little face to avoid curiosity seekers

I have posted relevant info on the Turner's Syndrome (what little Haileigh had...many variations)

To me Tina is NO different from the Runaway Bride or the Balloon Boy's parents....worse in fact since she put her child in danger, and had five days to tell the truth but never did

amazing that people would like to see young Katie O'Conner charged with search efforts that she did NOT ask for, want to see her friends charged...but seem to be totally sympathetic to Tina??

JMO Tina should lose all parental rights to this baby, do the "time" for her crime (in prison or a mental institution, whatever)...PLUS be charged with the costs of the search

I don't think the family or Tina should benefit in any way from this farce..

more fake cases like this and pretty soon we will see a lessened interest in missing people and helping them

and oh yeah...the "Runaway Bride" had mental issues too....yawn

:boohoo:

I do have to say I am in agreement with most of the "comments' on the News Herald site

which are the same as most of the comments I have seen on other blogs, forums regarding this case...

I personally think the majority of people are not in favor of seeing Tina getting custody...or just getting a hug and released....some here may want to see her let out for Christmas (??? how?? just drop charges?) but read the comments here>>>

Me too. Amazing the peeps that can't/won't read the link in it's entirety. I learned something. Snip/post what you want and that's all that MOST read. SAD oh and ETA Pathetic.

I wonder too, if everyone read the full article.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

?? what is that I am "missing" in the article?? Please enlighten me..thanks

Well...I am still waiting for someone to tell me what the "full article" means??

I am once again struck how many "bad mothers" there are out there...when I see the case of little Sarah whose "guardian" (aunt) hooked up with a known sex offender
I am sure that Sarah's bio mother was another "bad mother"....
now this precious little girl is dead

of course, Shannon was a miracle...no thanks to Tina

but what will Tina do in the future?? she doesn't even know who the dad is, she supposedly stayed with a guy who was abusive (according to her family)....she wouldn't take her meds..why do some think she will change??

let's face it...why do these predators get with women with kids?? Tina's looks, financial status, and personality doesn't seem to be something that would attract quality guys...but she will find some loser who is interested in her little girl down the line I am sure
and so the cycle continues

I hope the state does the right thing and stops this farce and puts this child up for adoption with a family who can love her, care for her, and afford the special help she needs

I don't think Tina should ever be around Shannon again...and if her family gets the baby, Tina will be there when she gets out of jail

and who knows what Tina might do next time?? She would be vulnerable to a predator IMHO...or she might also endanger her child in numerous ways

JMO

Tina's Psyciatrist has diagnosed tina with Microcephaley meaning a small skull and the brain has stopped growing at a young age attributing to her child like behavior and poor judgement. She also believes that tina has brain damage which will be determined by further brain scans that have been ordered. She does not feel that tina belongs in jail and thinks that she should be judged accordingly. She also highly recommended that tina be allowed to visit her daughter on christmas stating that it would be good for the mother and for the child. Tina will never have custody of her daughter again but she will always be shannons mother and shannon will always be her daughter. GOD planned it that way not man. And there is no reason why shannon should not live with me and be around her family that loves her.

BTW....every one of the posts on the newspaper article are from people who feel the same way I do...read them and see

I am also asking about what I am "missing" in that article?? apparently no one will tell me
I have read the entire article....if you are going to tell me I am "missing" something, why not post what that "something" is?? I am not into playing games..thanks

whatever a defense hired shrink/doctor says will have to be judged in court..again it is not a done deal

with all the ssi , problems etc that Tina had all these years amazing that a "diagnosis" comes at age 27 when she is in jail facing prison time??

mental illness, low IQ, emotional immaturity ??? Many people in prison have these conditions....not a "get out of jail card" to me

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back