FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems odd to me but that's not saying much. Maybe they're worried the perp will come back to try to harm the family? Maybe the perp has an idea the family knows who he is and LE knows this? Maybe they're watching the family to see who comes and goes? So many reasons!

To note also is dt said her dad was special agent.. so that means LE connected..

Just like Caylee's grpa LE connected.. just thought I would put that out there..

Is LE sitting at Haleigh's grparents of either side???

won't even ask about the parents for Little Haleigh...

The child that was murdered by neighbor boy 10 yrs ago.. her sister is interviewed since Somer went missing and she said she was taken away to live with LE and others .. and LE was at her own home for while and with her if she wasn't staying with LE ..

I think it's normal for LE to do this in REAL abductions and murder... jmo

How do I ask this tactfully.....

Please forgive me, I just have to know (and I honestly don't). If someone bound and gagged you, and stuffed you into multiple trash bags, could you suffocate just being in the bag, and if so how long would that likely take?

Also, if you were gagged and suffocated from the manner in which the gag was applied, and then you were exposed to the process through which trash is compacted within 24 hours, would your COD and MOD still be evident?

I would say definitely to the first question and in probably only a few minutes especially if the bag was tied.

MO on the second part is that COD would be suffocation if an autopsy was done. If gagged there would be fibers from the gag in the throat and possibly lungs. Might be hard to tell of the suffocation was from the lack of O2 in the bag or the actual gag? Hope I explained that correctly.

is there a 4pm presser???

if so, link please (begging)

But-- was the cryptic message to save a business, or ____________??
Fill in the blank.

motorhome
easy access to a landfill / dumpster with being in the know
location -- location -- location --
hours of operation
mystery caller claiming to be 'kyle'

:banghead:

Both ..... blank filled in .... or lol to save own hide from someone.. either way that business will suffer.... darn tootin.... lol

I found this in the comments section on the First Coast News website. It sounds like someone familiar with the area. I have wondered about a homeless person coming to the bathroom's in the park. Has this been explored/discussed??

from the comments:

Yeah I was wondering about the homeless community. You know there is one over there next to the Target on Wells in that wooded area behind the pond next to the garden center. They have caused problems in the past with store AP and I think they have refused to give up that spot. They may know something that could help, it's not that far away.
What about business owners or employees of the businesses located closest to the area. What about dumpsters that are only available to that business and are locked or gated to keep the public out.
Why haven't they gone door to door to ask the neighbors in the entire neighborhood what they might have seen that day. I know for a fact they haven't heard from some residents, they may be reluctant to talk to a stranger over the phone.
Were those dumpsters by the bowling alley and behind firehouse subs and the pizza place checked, and the mini storage complex which has alot of commercial traffic, there are cameras there. I ask about that area because I noticed it is accessable from both Blanding and Kingsley.
I was thinking they were waiting until after the funeral to say who it was.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=147320&catid=3

I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to shock.

It was what came to my mind as a reason why the monster didn't use his car as opposed to a trash receptacle.

I apologize for being so blunt and insensitive.

I truly just want Somer's murderer brought to justice. Her murder has broken my heart.
Please dont be sorry that wasn't my intent!!!!!

I lubs ya

I really think the most important thing to come out of the interview today is the highlighting of the car. This is the first time we've basically had confirmation that LE thinks the perp either grabbed her and put her in the car or parked when he saw her in a vulnerable place and attacked her.

The obvious question is why did he put her in a local dumpster or trash can when he could have just taken her in the car to a remote area? One logical conclusion is that he was afraid of being pulled over with a deceased child in the car. That raises the possibility of his tags being expired or him having some other reason that he would be more likely to be pulled over. He could have been afraid he was spotted also and didn't want to have her in a suspect car or been afraid of roadblocks though.

IMO. It was a car abduction. Makes sense with what we do know. (Dog lost scent on route home - we know this, right? Immediate disappearance during after-school walk-home time.) Someone was watching & waiting for the right opportunity. It happened to be Somer. She was either thrown in the car forcibly, or lured in. She was taken somewhere local and killed and dumped locally.

This means the perp has local knowledge/familiarity, but this doesn't mean the perp is a local resident now. They may just be a familiar visitor. The perp may well be done with visiting & gone. (In fact, with that body found so quickly, I'd be willing to bet even money they're not in town. You can watch this show fold from any TV or internet anywhere. You don't have to be in the county.)

I do not envy PSCO. I hope they get their forensics back soon. Until then, all they have is the observational and analytical powers of the local community, and I'm not sure the local community gets it yet.

What I heard in today's press conference was a controlled plea was for local people to THINK THINK THINK about THAT DAY - October 19th, and who they know and if anyone they knew changed schedule, left town and/or has behaved erratically (see LE's specific list of things to look for). They outright stated that they need the community's help, and I really think they mean it.

IMO, I would like to see a bit more emotion and flag waving and begging on the part of LE - explaining in more detail, and simplistic terms why they need the community to wrack their brains. Everyone there must realize that each of them must seriously THINK through that day and consider everyone they know.

Even if the perp is not local, someone locally KNOWS the person that did this to Somer. I'm concerned that not everyone locally realizes this yet.

Cam's stick guy she is really interested in seems to have changed his appearance.. in the search video's and search pictures he has a messy beard and tash... now if that is him at the viewing and funeral then he shaved everything off.. why not just trim it like normal as the growth around grows like normal???

I noticed the sheriff said change appearance but he said grow out beard and tash..

I noticed change in stick man if that is him other day.. I was hmmmm...

sure I know one usually cleans up to go to that sort of thing but to shave it all off..????

most wear a tash if their lips is shaped odd or scar or something.. his lips look funny to me.. jmo hard to tell if its the same guy as stick man but have the same name in same community ??? thats odd.. I think anyway..

Maybe this will answer your questions?

The following are service standards for residential/commercial garbage, yard trash and recycling collection services established to meet the needs of residents of the Town or Orange Park.
Click
Once there you'll see more info for recycling, holiday schedule, etc.

~snipped from there~

Residential garbage must be placed for collection in standard 20-30 gallon cans weighing no more than 40 lbs each. No more than 3 cans per pick up.

(will correct my post that talked about this ... I don't think I had 'gallon')

All residents waste must be placed within 3-5 feet of curbside by 7:00 a.m. on your schedule pick up day.

I'm all over the place with this one today. Everything I start to sleuth ends up nowhere for me.

What do we know about the father? Not necessarily unusual or anything, just stuff we know for sure.

• Military (?)
  • Out of state
  • He and DTMOM in the middle of divorce
  • Asked by police NOT to come down to Fl during investigation
  • Left out of Obit
  • Attends funeral services
  • Publicly forgives perp on the night of the funeral

Any enemies? Did he upset anyone in the family or out, during the divorce so far? Why do you think the police would ask him to not come down there during the investigation early on? I can think of several reasons, but I know that as a father I would want... need to be there during this, even when she was just missing. Was he angry at anyone down there other then his wife maybe? Do you think he has an idea of who could be behind this?

He was asked by police NOT to come to FL? Why would they do that?

worker at the burned house could of left... no one to supervise him... seems like that owner only has 1 person working for him most of time.. the most he has had is 4 employee's ....

Cam's stick guy she is really interested in seems to have changed his appearance.. in the search video's and search pictures he has a messy beard and tash... now if that is him at the viewing and funeral then he shaved everything off.. why not just trim it like normal as the growth around grows like normal???

I noticed the sheriff said change appearance but he said grow out beard and tash..

I noticed change in stick man if that is him other day.. I was hmmmm...

sure I know one usually cleans up to go to that sort of thing but to shave it all off..????

most wear a tash if their lips is shaped odd or scar or something.. his lips look funny to me.. jmo hard to tell if its the same guy as stick man but have the same name in same community ??? thats odd.. I think anyway..

Hi Mom, We ruled them to be two different people AKA - Stick Man and Ick Man ;)

IM AGGRAVATED KNOWING THAT THEY DIDN'T COME OUT AND CLEAR THE FAMILY OR S THAT WAS WAITING AT THEIR HOME...THEY ALL NEED TO TAKE A POLYGRAPH AND BE CLEARED! Wish everyone was like Mr. Klass in this respect!
Why hasn't D during a presser said I am willing to take a polygraph as soon as possible and be cleared to find the person responsible for doing this to my child.
I would also include that as a parent myself and if ANYONE hurt my child I would threaten them on tv, I would say you better wish I don't find out who you are or something like come to my face yourself if you can hurt my child you can face me and call him out to see if it will stir him up and get ballsy.
a poly wouldn't clear them... dna would and it is not back yet.

Both ..... blank filled in .... or lol to save own hide from someone.. either way that business will suffer.... darn tootin.... lol

This case being in the infant stage certianly has a lot of kwinky dinks, and crypitc messages, for a reason. (in my opinion only)

Does LE assign certain people to watch online internet activity? I think they do, and I think they watch crime forums as well. AND I know families and perps also watch. example: Anthony's pages of WS posts in the garbage from the lady that retrieved their trash.

Do you happen to recall the topic and direction the sleuthing was going prior to the cryptic message? I am wanting to say that was thread #8... is that what you recall? I am so trying to work today and my memory is failing with all this other stuff going on.

I hope I can search and go back as soon as I finish a few more calls.

Thanks in advance.. :)

I was afraid that we were going to get the exact type of profile we just got. It's the exact same profile they release every single time, with very little variation.

One of those variations being the location to look for scratches and bruises on the offender. I am now leaning toward Somer having been strangled, based on the sheriff specifically stating arms, hand, and face for scratches.

any new news released today?

thanks....need to go back to bed....house full of sickness

Did I miss the who's who post? I went take the kids to get the H1N1 vaccine, the local school had 1000 doses. More than 1000 people in line already :(

Anyone know how we can find out if the Thompson's have a lawn service company, or if they do their own lawn? I know someone would have to be the neighbor or a friend to know this -- but I am just thinking about what we didn't hear...kwim?

Did I miss the who's who post? I went take the kids to get the H1N1 vaccine, the local school had 1000 doses. More than 1000 people in line already :(

Lurkeyloo, I'm not sure if this is what you mean. Note: It will take you out of Websleuths. If we get a subforum for Somer's case, I'll do some clean-up so it meets the WS guidelines and post a copy here.

Click

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member