FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did it disturb you as much as her wearing the low cut dress to the funeral disturbed you? I have asked lots of my friends to look at that picture and they all say very appropiate.

It crossed my mind the police probably asked her not to call him since as far as they knew he might have taken somer and wanted to call him themselfs and record his reaction..........but then that doesn't make the mother look bad.

Come on her dress was a little low but I don't think she felt up to showing cleavage IMO

ok..well when i first read this case my initial knee-jerk, no rationality-to-it, gut feeling was something is not ok with the dynamics with the kids - i think that SP being there is a big red flag (and all this is JMO) I think you were just ahead of the times a bit because it seems like the court of public opinion is starting to turn against DT. I found myself a bit irritated when people judged her dress for the memorial or the fact that she had a marijuana icon on her FB or myspace or pics that may not have been in the best taste but i just get the vibe that she may have had a very troubled kid (again JMO).. I feel very badly for DT - i think her initial comments about raising somer to come home directly comes from a huge feeling of guilt. I am thinking that a lot of her actions may be coming from that place. I have since the beginning noticed the subtle contradictions in her body language and hope that it comes from being suddenly in a very high profile situation. People do really odd, inexplainable things sometimes in those circumstances. I really really hope the scenario you put out with the kids is totally wrong but i will admit that it was also my first first reaction. and.... don't know why but i get an uneasy feeling about somer's dad (not that i think has has ANYTHING to do with this awful mess but i think he may be seizing a bit of an opportunity for a little financial explotation)

Exactly.. very well said... I have not gotten the memo of the A's book of rules out there .. has anyone else?? seems it is getting passed somehow.. maybe at the beginning of searches of missing children the rule book is getting faxed... jmo

I have not seen this happen like this since the A's..

I remember little van dam girl .. her dad had to work a lot during her trial.. same as the little girl who was taken at the car wash in florida.. it was on cam remember that one.. her parents had to work up till and during the trial.. As I am sure most in losing family loved ones in the past...

I have a sil that will milk a person dry , then discard them.. when I went home when my mother was sick before she past .. my sil called me up (hadn't seen or talked to her in 8yrs) and told me my brother needed his car plates.. I told her I didn't have it.. (I did but no way giving to her) I told her I know I have to have plates each year and when due and I saved to pay them. she said ok bye and haven't seen her since.. Didn't even come to Mom's funeral or my brother.. makes me sick..

1. Just because Dad was in Iraq and injured doesn't mean he's getting disability or that the children are. It's been a real fight for those veterans to get disability. Huge! So he may not be getting any yet.

2. DT's current live-in boyfriend lists "*advertiser censored*" as one of his interests. That totally grosses me out. I have been married for a million years, but I can tell you for 100% sure that I would never ever have a relationship with someone that is interested in that. I have felt that way even before I met my hubby. Nor would I find it amusing if the boyfriend listed that on his MS page if he meant it as a joke.

3. Would someone who's not into pot join a society for it? I doubt it.

4. This is graphic, so don't read if you hate graphic. Hubby worked out of town and stayed at a motel. He was woken early by the garbage guys coming to get the dumpster by the motel. He said it's a mechanical arm that lifts it up into the truck. He said that the arm shakes the dumpster to get anything that might be stuck in it out. Then the stuff goes through a compacter in the truck. If anyone wants to meditate upon that further, they certainly can. But my guess is that her legs probably wouldn't have survived compaction. But I'm only guessing and I am not going to go into any deep thinking on it. Don't want to. That's why I am leaning towards a personal garbage can.

5. Current live in boyfriend of DT lists himself as single on his MS page, but he also lists himself as a "proud parent". I think that should be investigated as well. Honestly, I am older, so maybe I'm not with it, but all of those devilish things on boyfriends page seem quite juvenile for a man of his years.

Often-asked for links are in my signature.

I'm adding RSOs to the list (Who's Who) but you have to leave Websleuths to see it (can right click and open in another tab).

The list also contains others whose names have come up in this case. I've left out most of the neighbors who have commented since right now, they are on the fringes of this case, but if you'd like me to add someone in that part, let me know.

If you would like me to add an RSO, let me know. It's hard keeping them straight, especially by initials.

just because of the soot comment of the father...the family knows more than we know..i don't see how the mother or any one in the family could be possible involved
To start with, she was at work, dad was out of state, and the twin brother & older sister were walking home with Somer until she ran off, then they showed up at the house on time. None of these family members had the opportunity, imo.

Heh! Read back...there are lots of people suspicious of her. If not that she was directly involved, that she allowed Somer to be exposed to dangerous people, and that resulted in Somer being killed.
I don't think it was anyone the family knew well. Might have been someone that they had a passing acquiantance with, but not much more.

My bold and italics-is this your summary of the posts of the sleuthers on the board that are suspicious of mom, or are you saying that mom led a lifestyle that exposed Somer to the person who killed her? :waitasec:

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=116417

Thompson is an Iraq war veteran and is wheelchair bound from an incident in Iraq in 2003. (I thought it was from a recent accident?)

Sam said he is estranged from Diena, and added the last time he spoke to Somer was two months ago.

However, the last time he saw Somer was two years ago during a trip to the beach.

(About the fund's purpose)
Sam Thompson also has a benefit fund. He says the fund will help pay for visits to Jacksonville from his home in North Carolina.

Exactly.. for himself.. not for the children... fund set up for him only..

all ST has said is on media reports.. he has said all this.. sometimes the media sugar coats it and he goes along with it .. but if reporter asks a question like "why are you in a wheelchair "? and given time to answer he tells the answer.. he was in a auto accident..... he is to be off his leg for 3 months after his surgery.. its been 2 months since the surgery as of now..

ST is trying to get disability from gov. from falling off the truck... he said he has been filing for 2 yrs now.. to make a better life for him and his kids.. how can disability make life good?? I thought hard work and saving made like good.. Not begging country to support you with a fund.... grrrrr

Sounds like to me ST is discharged from military..

I don't know why fund set up now.. Trial might not even happen for a 1-2 yrs .. right ??? normal time for a trial.. He is planning on staying on funds in Jacksonville, fl till trial over??? hmmmm

Something isn't right??? Always at the blood of little children.... shame on everyone doing this.. Shame....

I'm unaware that Somer was sexually assaulted. Do you know something I don't? And if she was, then I take it back, NO, I wouldn't think her siblings capable of that. I'm thinking more along the lines of them all deciding to "play" in the burned-out house and Somer acceidently dying, them panicking and throwing her in the garbarge, or due to rough play, killing her.....etc.....
I am aware that you all have been doing some fabulous sleuthing this week, whereas I only know what I know from HLN veiwing. My goal this weekend is to go through these threads and news links and catch up.
Could have sworn that I read here that Somer was found fully clothed, thereby making a sexual assault less likey. But, I dunno.....
I thought LE was being very tight-lipped about it all.

Sorry it took me so long to respond ... I was away from the computer.

I don't know for sure ... my opinion is that she was sexually abused.

That's based on the Sheriff not answering the question from the reporter as to whether she was sexually assaulted and that they checked the whereabouts and searched the homes of the RSOs within a 5 mile radius of Somer's home. (according to media reports).

Truthfully, I don't think I want to know details. It's already heinous enough for me: a 7 year old was kidnapped close to her home, she was possibly sexually assaulted, she was murdered, she was thrown in the trash.

1. Just because Dad was in Iraq and injured doesn't mean he's getting disability or that the children are. It's been a real fight for those veterans to get disability. Huge! So he may not be getting any yet.

2. DT's current live-in boyfriend lists "*advertiser censored*" as one of his interests. That totally grosses me out. I have been married for a million years, but I can tell you for 100% sure that I would never ever have a relationship with someone that is interested in that. I have felt that way even before I met my hubby. Nor would I find it amusing if the boyfriend listed that on his MS page if he meant it as a joke.

3. Would someone who's not into pot join a society for it? I doubt it.

4. This is graphic, so don't read if you hate graphic. Hubby worked out of town and stayed at a motel. He was woken early by the garbage guys coming to get the dumpster by the motel. He said it's a mechanical arm that lifts it up into the truck. He said that the arm shakes the dumpster to get anything that might be stuck in it out. Then the stuff goes through a compacter in the truck. If anyone wants to meditate upon that further, they certainly can. But my guess is that her legs probably wouldn't have survived compaction. But I'm only guessing and I am not going to go into any deep thinking on it. Don't want to. That's why I am leaning towards a personal garbage can.

5. Current live in boyfriend of DT lists himself as single on his MS page, but he also lists himself as a "proud parent". I think that should be investigated as well. Honestly, I am older, so maybe I'm not with it, but all of those devilish things on boyfriends page seem quite juvenile for a man of his years.

just b cause she smokes weed dosent't mean squat here I don't watch *advertiser censored* myself but alot of people do he didn't say kiddie *advertiser censored* so I don't think that either of these things have anything to do with what happened to Somer. And yes, alot of men are quite juvenile some never grow up. IMO He may be single but have children from previous relationship IDK

just b cause she smokes weed dosent't mean squat here I don't watch *advertiser censored* myself but alot of people do he didn't say kiddie *advertiser censored* so I don't think that either of these things have anything to do with what happened to Somer. And yes, alot of men are quite juvenile some never grow up. IMO He may be single but have children from previous relationship IDK

Don't sugar coat it Hippie, tell us how you REALLY feel, :blowkiss:

"ST is trying to get disability from gov. from falling off the truck... he said he has been filing for 2 yrs now.. to make a better life for him and his kids.. how can disability make life good?? I thought hard work and saving made like good.. Not begging country to support you with a fund.... grrrrr"

I don't and NEVER did believe in the war in Iraq. But ST went and served his country for a pittance of money, I am sure. If he got injured over there, he deserves every penny that he can get. He did his hard work over there and risked his life every minute that he was there. If as a country that's what "we" expected, then he did his hard work and his duty. We can't just have people go to war and then throw them away when they are done over there. IMHO

You don't have to be a single mother with multiple divorces and a questionable (to some) lifestyle for your child to go missing.

That is what is so frightening to me as a mom -- evil is finding children without their parents putting them in harm's way.

It used to be "a bad guy" who harmed kids. Now, way too often, it is the parents or some other family member who professes to love the child who is involved.

No child deserves to be taken like this. And there are way too many who are.

ST is trying to get disability from gov. from falling off the truck... he said he has been filing for 2 yrs now.. to make a better life for him and his kids.. how can disability make life good?? I thought hard work and saving made like good.. Not begging country to support you with a fund.... grrrrr

I don't and NEVER did believe in the war in Iraq. But ST went and served his country for a pittance of money, I am sure. If he got injured over there, he deserves every penny that he can get. He did his hard work over there and risked his life every minute that he was there. If as a country that's what "we" expected, then he did his hard work and his duty. We can't just have people go to war and then throw them away when they are done over there. IMHO

Well ... if he can't work because he is disabled, then the money would allow him to pay for the basics: a roof over his head and his childrens' and food and clothing ...

He strikes me as the kind of man who would want to work.

He served his country, and IMO, he deserves a little more respect for that alone.

But then, I have a B-I-L, a nephew, and other miscellaneous "nearly family" members in the military, serving our country, so it's probably just a personal issue with me.

My bold and italics-is this your summary of the posts of the sleuthers on the board that are suspicious of mom, or are you saying that mom led a lifestyle that exposed Somer to the person who killed her? :waitasec:

my interpretation. I don't think that the people DT had around were any better or any worse than those most of the rest of us have around.

I agree with you on that part of the mom. I do think she should have been the one to tell Somer's father about her going missing & stuff.
I am divorced.I personally would have let the LE tell him so there was no fighting between us.

I am divorced.I personally would have let the LE tell him so there was no fighting between us.

Same here, or all I would have heard was how much it was my fault. Someone doesn't need all that at a time like this.

Well, I am from the hippie era and did not do drugs. Saw right away what they did. Lucky for me. But I know people that are still using them today 40 years later (the ones that are still alive). I know people of DT's age that use them as well because of my profession. Since I don't know everyone in the world, I can't be 100%, but those that I know use pot are exposed to lots of undesirables.

I like many of the people I know that are the drug users, but their children are always at risk because of the people that surround them.

I also belong to an organization that works with prostitutes and works on educating people on the incredible evils of *advertiser censored*. Adult *advertiser censored*. People who view *advertiser censored* are supporting child sexual abuse. Maybe they think it's hoot and if educated they would change their minds. Estimates that I know are that 90% of prostitutes were sexually abused as children. Not amusing. Because of my profession, I am vehement on this topic and if it comes off that way, it is because I am.

Don't sugar coat it Hippie, tell us how you REALLY feel, :blowkiss:

I'v never had a problem saying how I really feel I have certaintly not been an :angel: in my lifetime and if my child had gone missing I would hate to think people held a little weed smoking and my juniville BF watching *advertiser censored* against me:blowkiss:

IDK who's child he is, but it is certainly something to consider. I agree, if your child has been abducted & you have no idea why or who, I think it would be natural to want your other children by your side...but that is just me. That hit me as very strange.

I do know all the children were put in different homes during the days of Somer being missing.. DT stated on media coverage.. so I don't know if the older boy wasn't living at the home before . But DT did state all the children are with other ppl.. safe she said..

I just wonder if this is why DT is so mad at ST, is he won't sign Divorce papers since trying to get disability for himself and the kids.. That would upset me also..

I'v never had a problem saying how I really feel I have certaintly not been an :angel: in my lifetime and if my child had gone missing I would hate to think people held a little weed smoking and my juniville BF watching *advertiser censored* against me:blowkiss:

I am not talking about judging DT as a mother. However, Somer's killer must be found and all angles explored. If they had acquaintances that could be into deviant sexual things, then that should be explored in my opinion.

A comment that DT said concerned me. She talked about rights in reference to RSO's. I forget the exact quote. To me that implies that she and her friends or BF had talked about that topic. We had an SO who was a leader in our community (unbeknownst to us) until later. When found out, it was interesting the range of feelings on it. "He paid his debt to society". "There are others who have done the same things". I wonder if they knew of someone that they liked that was an SO?

I am not judging the mother here at all. I know I have had opinions on things that have changed a lot when I have been impacted personally. I really feel that there needs to be objectivity. That horrible Homolka case-I forget the guys name-LE didn't think that he could have done the crime because he was such a nice guy.

I know that BF couldn't have done it, but who are his kids and where are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostFromThePast