FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ask the same question! Why does he have his own fund set up?:furious:
He never could help with the children before, or pay child support:furious:
Doesn't the military have a way to make sure child support is paid? I would think that if there were a child support order, the military would make sure it was honored. Something's not right. :waitasec:

I ask the same question! Why does he have his own fund set up?:furious:
He never could help with the children before, or pay child support:furious:

How do you know he didn't help with the children and paid nothing to assist with support? I haven't heard or read any of this. Do you have a link pointing me in the right direction?

Their Divorce is not even final, while I am sure the court may have ordered some type of support to start, and with him being military-- well that would be paid right off the top before he even received a paycheck. No???

I think he needs to start his own sleuthing on DT and do everything he can to protect his children. Wonder how the courts look at no final divorce and yet a new live in boyfriend??

Doesn't the military have a way to make sure child support is paid? I would think that if there were a child support order, the military would make sure it was honored. Something's not right. :waitasec:

Ah ha... you got it...!
I like how the divorce isn't even resolved and the new live in boyfriend gets front and center at Somer's funeral.

I understand emotions are running high in this case-Unless I have missed some press, Somer's mother and entire family are crime victims. Is there something that indicates she contributed to Somer's death? No offense, but it is starting to feel a little bit like bashing here...JMO and peace to all.

I don't believe DT had anything to do with this at all.
I think it is a great possible-- that within her cirlce of friends, and her lifestyle that she may have had way too many strangers around the children, none of which she knew were on the darker sides of reality.

Sorry if I'm wrong. I'm just going by the information that has been posted here and in the news. Said he didn't have $$ to support. I hope he isnot using this for himself. I hope it is for the good of the children.

Hey any of us could be wrong here :) My mind changes daily :) There have been a lot of posts that have gone against theories or things I think but I have seen the light on some of them. That is why I love posting here, challenged to think :)

It's interesting to hear you say that about Somer's father....cause on a similar note, I think I kind gained unwelcome notaritity on this thread by posting suspicions of Somer's Mom and her dry eyed crys and wails, and her seemingly, unlimited amount of time to spend in front of the TV cameras. I also noted that it bugged the heck out of me that on day 2 or 3 she was in front of the cameras YET again, and one of the first things out of her mouth was thanking the public for monetary donations. WRONG on so many levels.......

I've got a theory that I may as just well spout off....since I've alienated some already by critizing Somer's Mom.

Is it possible that Somer was killed by her own 2 siblings and that would explain mom's on air weirdo demeanor? Cause she KNOWS!!!?
Is that bad of me to think that?

Anyone?
ok..well when i first read this case my initial knee-jerk, no rationality-to-it, gut feeling was something is not ok with the dynamics with the kids - i think that SP being there is a big red flag (and all this is JMO) I think you were just ahead of the times a bit because it seems like the court of public opinion is starting to turn against DT. I found myself a bit irritated when people judged her dress for the memorial or the fact that she had a marijuana icon on her FB or myspace or pics that may not have been in the best taste but i just get the vibe that she may have had a very troubled kid (again JMO).. I feel very badly for DT - i think her initial comments about raising somer to come home directly comes from a huge feeling of guilt. I am thinking that a lot of her actions may be coming from that place. I have since the beginning noticed the subtle contradictions in her body language and hope that it comes from being suddenly in a very high profile situation. People do really odd, inexplainable things sometimes in those circumstances. I really really hope the scenario you put out with the kids is totally wrong but i will admit that it was also my first first reaction. and.... don't know why but i get an uneasy feeling about somer's dad (not that i think has has ANYTHING to do with this awful mess but i think he may be seizing a bit of an opportunity for a little financial explotation)

It could be that the mods are waiting for actual evidence to be released before we get a subforum.

Sadley, in the case of [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=370"]Hasanni Campbell,[/ame] evidence was released, two people arrested and subsequently let go and there has been no evidence, no media coverage and therefore, nothing new to discuss.

I have made at least two requests for subforum in addition to the numerous hints.

Today is busy ... basketball, birthday party and Halloween so I may not be back today.

If you need links, my post will be on page 5 and it's 111 (for now, if no posts get deleted). How easy is that?!

And here is the shortcut to it. :)

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4368754&postcount=111"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL-Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park thread #13[/ame]

How do you know he didn't help with the children and paid nothing to assist with support? I haven't heard or read any of this. Do you have a link pointing me in the right direction?

Their Divorce is not even final, while I am sure the court may have ordered some type of support to start, and with him being military-- well that would be paid right off the top before he even received a paycheck. No???

I think he needs to start his own sleuthing on DT and do everything he can to protect his children. Wonder how the courts look at no final divorce and yet a new live in boyfriend??

Have I missed something? Why is he trying to take the other children from her to protect them? Somer was taken walking home from school because the Mother was at work trying to support them. Why is she now a bad Mother? There are tons of working Mothers in this Country and there are lots of children that walk home and even stay alone until their parents get there.

I don't know about the military but I know that child support isn't usually set until the divorce is final.

like I was saying before, it is possible that the person that did this took her out of the area and molested her, then put her body in a local trash bin to keep authorties nailed to the local area. if kellem did this I would think he wouldn't want to risk transporting her back to georgia since he was a known offender so he wouldn't want to risk being caught since a amber alert was put out? he might not be the person at all, but it seems like to me that maybe he decided to take a little girl instead of trying for a young boy, maybe it was in his mind a bit easier. he could have known of another area close by to molest her then left her there or even stayed with her until dark, I don't know how quick the vacant house was looked at when she went missing? the waiting game is on.......

I don't know about the military but I know that child support isn't usually set until the divorce is final.

There is often temporary alimony set early in the divorce process, so I'm sure the same probably happens for child support? Not sure on that, though.

It's a shame he didn't fight for them before Somer was killed.

Yes, I would VERY much like to know the circumstances. Obviously, dad was in iraq as he sustained injuries while over there. I would just like to know for how long and could he do anything about getting his kids while deployed? And who would be able to take care of them if he was injured. All questions I would love answered. It would be able to give myself a more firm opinon right now the jury has not ruled IMO.

Have I missed something? Why is he trying to take the other children from her to protect them? Somer was taken walking home from school because the Mother was at work trying to support them. Why is she now a bad Mother? There are tons of working Mothers in this Country and there are lots of children that walk home and even stay alone until their parents get there.

I haven't heard if he is legally trying to get his children. His emotional interview about wanting to take them home with him, was probably a first instinct thought/feeling. IDK

I'm not accusing her of being a bad Mother all the time, however I do question her character and the lifestyle she is living.

My first concern is the fact she has been aware of Somer not returning on time with the other children for quite some time now. Hence- the friends and phone numbers for the babysitter to track Somer down. Why is ANYONE even tracking down a 7yr old in the first place...??

I'm not going to keep on keeping on about her-- it will all come to light soon enough, and I hope this killer is NOT someone that she knew, or had in her home that were friends of the new live in B/F.

IF it's filed for, there can be a 'separate maintenance' order. Now the question is, did she file for one? If she dislikes him so intently, it may be that she didn't want anything to do with him, including his money.
If that's the case, however, and if there has not been any support from him,
hmm...how DO we know that?
If Diena didn't request it and make sure it was paid, then she has no grounds to complain about it. Right?

There is often temporary alimony set early in the divorce process, so I'm sure the same probably happens for child support? Not sure on that, though.

I have brothers that have gotten a divorce so I only know about my state.

Getting evil eye from husband ... with that "Are you on the computer AGAIN" look! Must appear to be getting ready to go to basketball game.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=116417

Thompson is an Iraq war veteran and is wheelchair bound from an incident in Iraq in 2003. (I thought it was from a recent accident?)

Sam said he is estranged from Diena, and added the last time he spoke to Somer was two months ago.

However, the last time he saw Somer was two years ago during a trip to the beach.

(About the fund's purpose)
Sam Thompson also has a benefit fund. He says the fund will help pay for visits to Jacksonville from his home in North Carolina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB