FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM, if it turns out mom left him due to him be crippled, well that will just completley seal the deal for me.

It would certainly make me not like or think much of her as a person. But I also know when my dad was dying from cancer sometimes he was very mean to my mom. I believe it was because she would sometimes have to clean him up and he felt he was losing his dignity. But there finally came a time when she left him, just for a couple of days, but it was enough for him to stop being so mean.

Help! I know nothing about myspace.

How does a person change their myspace pic without signing in to their account? DT signed in on the 24th (it still shows the 24th) and her user pic (or whatever it's called) had 3 females in it. I KNOW there were 3, I saw it either early this morning or last night. Well, I just looked again because I'm waiting to see if she changes her mood, which she hasn't, but her pic has changed! There are only 2 females there now. So how do you do that if your login date doesn't change? :confused:
And I do believe she's the one missing from the pic.

Who isn't getting evil eye from our DH's ;) :)

*snort* lol...I'm off to get some cleaning and laundry done before he gets home and sees I've been parked at the pc most of the day

Will check in throughout the day...Happy Halloween folks. Be safe!!!!

Help! I know nothing about myspace.

How does a person change their myspace pic without signing in to their account? DT signed in on the 24th (it still shows the 24th) and her user pic (or whatever it's called) had 3 females in it. I KNOW there were 3, I saw it either early this morning or last night. Well, I just looked again because I'm waiting to see if she changes her mood, which she hasn't, but her pic has changed! There are only 2 females there now. So how do you do that if your login date doesn't change? :confused:
And I do believe she's the one missing from the pic.

I saw this too - you are not loosing your mind ;) Funny, no RIP no pic of Somer. JMO

Somer's brothers are ST, 7 (twin) and AC, 13 (half-brother); her sister AT is 10. (I have also seen the half-brother's age reported as 14 ...)

If you believe they did it, do you also believe they sexually assaulted her?

I'm unaware that Somer was sexually assaulted. Do you know something I don't? And if she was, then I take it back, NO, I wouldn't think her siblings capable of that. I'm thinking more along the lines of them all deciding to "play" in the burned-out house and Somer acceidently dying, them panicking and throwing her in the garbarge, or due to rough play, killing her.....etc.....
I am aware that you all have been doing some fabulous sleuthing this week, whereas I only know what I know from HLN veiwing. My goal this weekend is to go through these threads and news links and catch up.
Could have sworn that I read here that Somer was found fully clothed, thereby making a sexual assault less likey. But, I dunno.....
I thought LE was being very tight-lipped about it all.

personally, just from seeing Dad on Nancy Grace...I never got any bad vibes from him. But I was DEEPLY DISTURBED yet AGAIN by Mom, when NG asked Dad how he learned Somer was missing, and he told her about receiving a notification phone call from LE. Is it just me or is that messed-up!?? I don't know or care what their relationship was like...they were co-parents and MOM should have been the one to call him to explain Somer was Missing imho...............

In most cases, if there is a non custodial parent, they are the main suspect right off the bat, until they can be cleared. LE may not have allowed her to call him, they might have told her that it is SOP for them to make the notification...which it is.

It would certainly make me not like or think much of her as a person. But I also know when my dad was dying from cancer sometimes he was very mean to my mom. I believe it was because she would sometimes have to clean him up and he felt he was losing his dignity. But there finally came a time when she left him, just for a couple of days, but it was enough for him to stop being so mean.

Obviously, this is NOT the ONLY thing. It is a cherry onto of what I have seen with my own eyes. And I don't like it one bit :furious:

Just thinking outloud, trying to work on the dad scenario here, he might be on disability. Do they pay child support on disability?

Also, I belive they have been seperated for awhile.. Not sure how long divorce proceedings going on, gonna check on that. But makes me wonder if it has been awhile... :waitasec:

Also, on another note. I wanted to see who owned their residence and it does not even exist in the property records. Thought that was hinky.

See, I've been trying to reconcile in my own brain, Mom's bizzare (to me) behavior. Hit me like a ton of bricks. What IF her sibs did it? Can you imagine not only losing 1 child, but then possibly losing 2 more because of it?.....IF that was the case, I'd cut this woman all the slack in the world........

I'm unaware that Somer was sexually assaulted. Do you know something I don't? And if she was, then I take it back, NO, I wouldn't think her siblings capable of that. I'm thinking more along the lines of them all deciding to "play" in the burned-out house and Somer acceidently dying, them panicking and throwing her in the garbarge, or due to rough play, killing her.....etc.....
I am aware that you all have been doing some fabulous sleuthing this week, whereas I only know what I know from HLN veiwing. My goal this weekend is to go through these threads and news links and catch up.
Could have sworn that I read here that Somer was found fully clothed, thereby making a sexual assault less likey. But, I dunno.....
I thought LE was being very tight-lipped about it all.

I thought the 10 year old and the twin came home on time. I dont think they had time to play. I have a 10 year old and even with help she couldn't lift 65 pounds high enough to get her in a dumpster.

Obviously, this is NOT the ONLY thing. It is a cherry onto of what I have seen with my own eyes. And I don't like it one bit :furious:

Just thinking outloud, trying to work on the dad scenario here, he might be on disability. Do they pay child support on disability?

Also, I belive they have been seperated for awhile.. Not sure how long divorce proceedings going on, gonna check on that. But makes me wonder if it has been awhile... :waitasec:

Also, on another note. I wanted to see who owned their residence and it does not even exist in the property records. Thought that was hinky.

I try hard not to judge parents because I know I make a thousand different decisions with my children and who knows if they are right. I am having a hard time with the father having not seen his children in the last two years and not having talked to Somer in the last two months. I had a Dad that walked away so those are my issues. But I am trying hard not to judge him. I just want the killer caught so he can't kill another child again.

BBM, if it turns out mom left him due to him be crippled, well that will just completley seal the deal for me.

its funny how we as armchair detectives can get such different reads on peoples actions when we just have media reports to go by (ok and some sleuthing) i guess i can somehow have a lot of empathy for DT because in some ways i have walked some miles in her shoes and i can understand a bit where she is coming from (yes i know that she has probably made some bad choices along the way)...when i see somers dad there is something about his subtle (IMO carefully worded and staged) implicit humility that just sets me off...i am so hoping that something breaks in this case that will exonorate all the family...my heart just breaks for whatever horror that poor little girl has gone through...i am feeling that there is going to be some very ugly accusations flying around

I thought the 10 year old and the twin came home on time. I dont think they had time to play. I have a 10 year old and even with help she couldn't lift 65 pounds high enough to get her in a dumpster.

I don't think this is the case, the siblings. But yes what a awful nightmare. I don't see the youngest kids involved.

I am NOT blaming the 13 y/o who is as large enough to be a 16 y/o, IMO. However, here is a theory.

Mom obviously likes to party, posts this stuff on public sites like myspace (raunchy, IMO), moves from man to man. Remember the 13 y/o is from her 2nd marriage. She has two boyfriends since Sammy (so it has been said on WS) now living with the 3rd. Trust me kids pick up on their parents behavior. Monkey see monkey do. Also, if behavior that is exhibted that in the sexual nature, by nature kids are more intune to be curious by this. Lots of discord, bad relationship with ex-husband (obviously) whether warranted or not that will be remain to be seen. Mom has anger toward ex - obviously - monkey see monkey do. JMO and a theory. Anyway, not going to continue but maybe you catch my drift??? there is ALOT we don't know.

I really hate to write these things. But if we didn't challenge one another we gonna get nowhere.

I, personally apologize to you Ripley because everyone was hard on you when discussing mom way back in the threads... You didn't change my mind but I did change my own my from looking at certain evidence as to how lifestyle could have contributed to this tragedy.

Last, REMEMBER BSU said to look at brain FARTS? Well, I have now picked up on plenty.

Yes, I would VERY much like to know the circumstances. Obviously, dad was in iraq as he sustained injuries while over there. I would just like to know for how long and could he do anything about getting his kids while deployed? And who would be able to take care of them if he was injured. All questions I would love answered. It would be able to give myself a more firm opinon right now the jury has not ruled IMO.

bbm

I heard him say he's been waiting a long time for disability $$$..Military or car accident or both? dk

No offense to fl peeps but I don't blame him for wanting to take kids away from there.

I see more good in him then mom..May be wrong (dk) but for now I am sticking with it.

See, I've been trying to reconcile in my own brain, Mom's bizzare (to me) behavior. Hit me like a ton of bricks. What IF her sibs did it? Can you imagine not only losing 1 child, but then possibly losing 2 more because of it?.....IF that was the case, I'd cut this woman all the slack in the world........

I would go more along the lines of the 13yr old that does NOT live with her. AND take it a step further with why was she picking him up at OPAA?
Extremely close to the burn house, and the exact parking lot she ended up in with the LE officer she waved down. She starts talking about this on the video clip that blacks out and has the sound off.

I try hard not to judge parents because I know I make a thousand different decisions with my children and who knows if they are right. I am having a hard time with the father having not seen his children in the last two years and not having talked to Somer in the last two months. I had a Dad that walked away so those are my issues. But I am trying hard not to judge him. I just want the killer caught so he can't kill another child again.

I hear where you are coming from. I am opposite. We have this WITCH my cousin married. Stole custody from father of her bio child by blackmailing and making false allegations against him. -TOTALLY lied to our entire family about her backround, boy I almost fainted when I heard about what she was REALLY up to- I recently sleuthed this all out, btw. I really think she is Satan. Anyway, did the same thing to his bio girls mom(whom I LOVE dearly but even cut her out because I started to believe the lies). Harrassed her to digusting lenghths to the point she couldn't take it anymore. Those bio parents were stolen the rights to their child. Anyway, I just rescued kids this past spring who were put into domestic slavery :furious: yes, serious over here. So, I guess because I can see the ugliness and lies some people on the female side, I could see this here.

I am not placing blame on mom, I am just REALLY skeptical of people she surrounded herself and her children with. And the whole thing is tragic no matter what.

I don't think this is the case, the siblings. But yes what a awful nightmare. I don't see the youngest kids involved.

I am NOT blaming the 13 y/o who is as large enough to be a 16 y/o, IMO. However, here is a theory.

Mom obviously likes to party, posts this stuff on public sites like myspace (raunchy, IMO), moves from man to man. Remember the 13 y/o is from her 2nd marriage. She has two boyfriends since Sammy (so it has been said on WS) now living with the 3rd. Trust me kids pick up on their parents behavior. Monkey see monkey do. Also, if behavior that is exhibted that in the sexual nature, by nature kids are more intune to be curious by this. Lots of discord, bad relationship with ex-husband (obviously) whether warranted or not that will be remain to be seen. Mom has anger toward ex - obviously - monkey see monkey do. JMO and a theory. Anyway, not going to continue but maybe you catch my drift??? there is ALOT we don't know.

I really hate to write these things. But if we didn't challenge one another we gonna get nowhere.

I, personally apologize to you Ripley because everyone was hard on you when discussing mom way back in the threads... You didn't change my mind but I did change my own my from looking at certain evidence as to how lifestyle could have contributed to this tragedy.

Last, REMEMBER BSU said to look at brain FARTS? Well, I have now picked up on plenty.

Proudly presenting the fact she joined potsocietyonline tells me 'drugs'.
Proudly presenting B/F is into *advertiser censored*-- well that is self explanatory.

What have her children been exposed to? I'm sure laying pretty low right now, however prior to Somer I have to wonder.

I still go back to the neighbor stating-- look in the trash, and leave it at that? WTH -- she was sending a message and I think it could have been all the booze maybe? The neighbors know a lot and so far pretty quiet, other than that comment.

IDK-- but I'm not feeling all warm and fuzzy about all the strangers in and out of that house. New B/F and old B/F and their friends...???

I didn't realize that Somer's father was only two hours away!

Was he just recently home from Iraq?

I hear where you are coming from. I am opposite. We have this WITCH my cousin married. Stole custody from father of her bio child by blackmailing and making false allegations against him. -TOTALLY lied to our entire family about her backround, boy I almost fainted when I heard about what she was REALLY up to- I recently sleuthed this all out, btw. I really think she is Satan. Anyway, did the same thing to his bio girls mom(whom I LOVE dearly but even cut her out because I started to believe the lies). Harrassed her to digusting lenghths to the point she couldn't take it anymore. Those bio parents were stolen the rights to their child. Anyway, I just rescued kids this past spring who were put into domestic slavery :furious: yes, serious over here. So, I guess because I can see the ugliness and lies some people on the female side, I could see this here.

I am not placing blame on mom, I am just REALLY skeptical of people she surrounded herself and her children with. And the whole thing is tragic no matter what.

Believe me I know all about evil women. My brother picked him a couple of winners. One of which doesn't let him or my family see his children. Then she will decide we can, then we can't. The other one who I hate with a passion wasn't satisfied until she broke up my other brother's marriage. So I know the evil that can be done with no thought to the chidren. My problem is the father could have made some effort (which he may have and I haven't heard) to see his children. Again, this is my pet peeve and I am trying hard not to judge him.

aww....no worries! BELIEVE ME, I've been a memeber here long enough to know EXACTALLY what I was getting myself into by posting doubts about Mom. My feelings were (are) so super strong though, I couldn't help myself. I honestly didn't CARE what anyone thought. Plus, as stated, in other cases, dry-eyed wailing mothers has been a huge red-flag, and rightly so. So it seemed hypocrytical to me that everyone was seeing her as "strong", etc.....it all remains to be seen......God I hope I'm wrong about the siblings. But, it would explain Mom's behavoir. I'd never wish my worst enemy to walk a mile in her shoes....and if her other children were responsible.......I don't even know what to say......I'd feel compelled to drive to Florida and personally hug her and hold her hand and apologize for judging her....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member