FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have brothers that have gotten a divorce so I only know about my state.
I would imagine that it is state by state. Even "emergency" support (pendente lite) can take a long time to get.

OKAY, how much money does this family really need for expenses? I think these fundraisers for missing children's families is getting way out of hand and setting a dangerous precedence. Wasn't the funeral donated? Yes, she will be off work for awhile & they all should have counseling. IDK but wouldn't $8,000 cover out-of-pocket expenses? They had already collected $13,000.00 before the funeral.

Check out the fundraising events all the way upto Nov. 22. I never hear about these victims families giving money to Crimestoppers or increasing the rewards for info. I think this has really gotten out of hand, especially when it is 3 1/2 times more likely it is a family member. And don't get me started on the Anthony's or Cumming's Sheesh!

Fundraising events continue for Somer Thompson
http://www.claytodayonline.com/content/1674_1.php
:rant:

OKAY, how much money does this family really need for expenses? I think these fundraisers for missing children's families is getting way out of hand and setting a dangerous precedence. Wasn't the funeral donated? Yes, she will be off work for awhile & they all should have counseling. IDK but wouldn't $8,000 cover out-of-pocket expenses? They had already collected $13,000.00 before the funeral.

Check out the fundraising events all the way upto Nov. 22. I never hear about these victims families giving money to Crimestoppers or increasing the rewards for info. I think this has really gotten out of hand, especially when it is 3 1/2 times more likely it is a family member. And don't get me started on the Anthony's or Cumming's Sheesh!

Fundraising events continue for Somer Thompson
http://www.claytodayonline.com/content/1674_1.php
:rant:

The fundraising events are more common in close knit communities. It's the modern version of bring a casserole and hold death watch. It's as much for the community to feel they helped their own healing, as it is for the family of the the missing/dead person. IMO.

Have had time to read each and every post today - but something did catch my eye. If this has been addressed please overlook and move on

Regarding Child Support / Disability

Child support stops and disability takes over for the child as well. Each child of the disabled person received a check from social security until they are 18 or until they have finished school (which I believe includes college).

I mention this before, but no response -

Did anyone check this out:
http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/flyer.do?personId=6293

This guy really caught my attention, with the bruising and all. So I did a little checking. He also has a few aliases, mainly spelling - Bri__ & Bry__, also different initials - BRJ, BJJ. He has had several previous addresses in Maryland so I checked there.

He was convicted in 1986 for child abuse, sexual assault and more see:
http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/inquiry/processDisclaimer.jis

Look at the bruising on his current picture, date of picture 10/27/09.

LE said sometimes there is years between crimes by perps.

Have had time to read each and every post today - but something did catch my eye. If this has been addressed please overlook and move on

Child support stops and disability takes over for the child as well. Each child of the disabled person received a check from social security until they are 18 or until they have finished school (which I believe includes college).

DUH DUH DUH - this happend to my own father and my parents received disability checks for the kids under 18!!!!!! *slaps myself*

I would go more along the lines of the 13yr old that does NOT live with her. AND take it a step further with why was she picking him up at OPAA?
Extremely close to the burn house, and the exact parking lot she ended up in with the LE officer she waved down. She starts talking about this on the video clip that blacks out and has the sound off.

I have also had this thought run through my head. I have asked several times if the 13 year old lives with her or not and nobody can or will say for sure. I've heard that he does and heard that he does not. If he does not, then it is way strange for her to run pick him up first thing before notifying LE, don't you think? Have him in the car with her when she flagged down the officer so he would not be a suspect? In one of the interviews, the mom seemed to have made it a point to tell what the 13 year old's reaction was to Somer's body being found. I didn't hear anyone ask her about it, she just volunteered that he "punched things" - nothing about the reaction of the younger children. If he "punched things" would that explain scratches or injuries on his hands...if, in fact there were any?

The 13 year old was also near the burned house - in the park where the bathroom was which they searched - I don't want to even think about it, but I have. Now, what does anyone else think?

I don't think the parents are involved, and I don't think it's fair to blame them for a crime someone else committed. Frankly, things like this could happen to any parent, good or bad.

They're victims of a horrendous, heart-breaking crime, IMO.

An unrelated thought: I've seen people quote a neighbor, who said to check the trash. My father uses the phrase "Check the trash" as an idiom. It implies one must be thorough to find the truth.

This guy really caught my attention, with the bruising and all. So I did a little checking. He also has a few aliases, mainly spelling - Bri__ & Bry__, also different initials - BRJ, BJJ. He has had several previous addresses in Maryland so I checked there.

This guy was discussed in threads 11 and 12, iirc. I believe Liz brought him over, also with concern about his black eye.

Salem

Why is he confined now, and why did he just update his address, I wonder?

Most of the stuff about Jones is a thread back, so if anyone has questions and doesn't want to wait, it's back there.

ETA: Sub-forum, we needs one.

Why is he confined now, and why did he just update his address, I wonder?

Looks like they are checking out each & every SO & of course if there is any outstanding violations rounding the bas$ards up; so at least that is positive for the sake of other children.

I have also had this thought run through my head. I have asked several times if the 13 year old lives with her or not and nobody can or will say for sure. I've heard that he does and heard that he does not. If he does not, then it is way strange for her to run pick him up first thing before notifying LE, don't you think? Have him in the car with her when she flagged down the officer so he would not be a suspect? In one of the interviews, the mom seemed to have made it a point to tell what the 13 year old's reaction was to Somer's body being found. I didn't hear anyone ask her about it, she just volunteered that he "punched things" - nothing about the reaction of the younger children. If he "punched things" would that explain scratches or injuries on his hands...if, in fact there were any?

The 13 year old was also near the burned house - in the park where the bathroom was which they searched - I don't want to even think about it, but I have. Now, what does anyone else think?

Holy Crap. You are scarring me now. Making my suspicions too real!!! I remember her "he punched things" comment too.......and as a reminder, something I posted about days ago, a reporter asked her how the other kids were handling this (7 yr old twin and sister) she simply stated "I sent them away" and this made NO sense to me at the time. I've never lost a child, but can only imagine if I did, I would want to be around my others, not only for comfort but to personally keep watch over them and their safety.

So, WHO is this 13 year old boy again? Her boyfriends child?

Holy Crap. You are scarring me now. Making my suspicions too real!!! I remember her "he punched things" comment too.......and as a reminder, something I posted about days ago, a reporter asked her how the other kids were handling this (7 yr old twin and sister) she simply stated "I sent them away" and this made NO sense to me at the time. I've never lost a child, but can only imagine if I did, I would want to be around my others, not only for comfort but to personally keep watch over them and their safety.

The thirteen year old is her oldest child. In the coverage from Tuesday night before Somer's body was found, they state who the 13 year old lives with, I believe it is a family member, why is never stated.
I'd link, but I'm doing facepaint.

18. not college. My son just got bumped off due to turning 18 a couple years ago. I am on disability now. If it con't he would of went to college but I can't pay for college.

IDK who's child he is, but it is certainly something to consider. I agree, if your child has been abducted & you have no idea why or who, I think it would be natural to want your other children by your side...but that is just me. That hit me as very strange.

aww....no worries! BELIEVE ME, I've been a memeber here long enough to know EXACTALLY what I was getting myself into by posting doubts about Mom. My feelings were (are) so super strong though, I couldn't help myself. I honestly didn't CARE what anyone thought. Plus, as stated, in other cases, dry-eyed wailing mothers has been a huge red-flag, and rightly so. So it seemed hypocrytical to me that everyone was seeing her as "strong", etc.....it all remains to be seen......God I hope I'm wrong about the siblings. But, it would explain Mom's behavoir. I'd never wish my worst enemy to walk a mile in her shoes....and if her other children were responsible.......I don't even know what to say......I'd feel compelled to drive to Florida and personally hug her and hold her hand and apologize for judging her....

The mother’s public demeanor is off the way I see it. I know she’s got to be distraught from the loss of her child, but she just seems to enjoy being center stage too much. There’s a lot of crying sounds and sobbing noise, but a lack of tears and way too many odd facial contortions, especially smirks and sneers. Several times I have seen her expressions change like a chameleon from sobbing to actually smiling in an instant. I don’t get it. Plus, when a person really cries and sobs their eyes get really swollen. I know when I have had a bad emotional time and cried my heart out; I barely had slits for eyes. Maybe it’s just me, but if my child had been murdered because I let her walk home from school without an adult present, I don’t know how I could live with myself and I truly doubt I would be making public appearances, I would dig a hole and crawl in it……….

so he's her flesh and blood child? Somer's half-sib brother?
Ohh...see.....her behavoir would make sense. Get out there in front of the cameras and scream about a SO to deflect blame. Oh, this story is going to get more tragic isn't it?

Ohh...see.....her behavoir would make sense. Get out there in front of the cameras and scream about a SO to deflect blame. Oh, this story is going to get more tragic isn't it?

yes..unfortunately i do believe this story is going to get more tragic...and i will play devil's advocate here - i am not a cryer or should i say i am an inappropriate cryer - cue up some poignant music and suddenly i just well up but as for things in real life - no matter what i feel inside i can't produce those tears - i just cant...so sometimes it is misleading when we see mothers or close relatives that are under some suspicion and we pronounce guilt because their eyes are not swollen - sometimes this weird adrenilin just takes over

OMG no way!! Please say it aint so!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member