FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been posted.

Many sex offenders live near area schools http://www.gainesville.com/article/...tle=Many-sex-offenders-live-near-area-schools

More registered sex offenders have addresses within a 3-mile radius of some local elementary schools, all in east Gainesville, including Williams, Duval, Metcalfe and Lake Forest, according to the FDLE listing.

Each of these schools has at least 100 registered offenders living within that set distance. Because of the proximity of the schools, some of the same offenders show up in sex offender searches by address for each school.

Another reason for the higher numbers near these schools is the Alachua County jail, which lies within the 3-mile radius of all four of the schools. Still, accounting for the almost 30 registered sex offenders housed at the jail, these schools still have the highest number of offenders living near them compared with other elementary schools in the county.

On Friday the 23 the reporter said they had 50 detectives working the case.

have you seen the article I posted I think yesterday or day before about the fbi?? a group got together and are working the case.. I didn't understand tho if the fbi was getting them together to work or they were doing it totally on their own.. I didn't understand that part very well.. I think it was 11 of them .. using new software from nasa...

Sorry if this has been posted.

Many sex offenders live near area schools http://www.gainesville.com/article/...tle=Many-sex-offenders-live-near-area-schools

More registered sex offenders have addresses within a 3-mile radius of some local elementary schools, all in east Gainesville, including Williams, Duval, Metcalfe and Lake Forest, according to the FDLE listing.

Each of these schools has at least 100 registered offenders living within that set distance. Because of the proximity of the schools, some of the same offenders show up in sex offender searches by address for each school.

Another reason for the higher numbers near these schools is the Alachua County jail, which lies within the 3-mile radius of all four of the schools. Still, accounting for the almost 30 registered sex offenders housed at the jail, these schools still have the highest number of offenders living near them compared with other elementary schools in the county.

That is sad Dee.. very sad..

have you seen the article I posted I think yesterday or day before about the fbi?? a group got together and are working the case.. I didn't understand tho if the fbi was getting them together to work or they were doing it totally on their own.. I didn't understand that part very well.. I think it was 11 of them .. using new software from nasa...

No I missed it, I will find it. Sounds like a good article.

No I missed it, I will find it. Sounds like a good article.

it was local media. I know that . could look in my posts ..

ETA: I found it ....

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...mpson_fbi_hunts_for_clues_in_georgia_landfill

When FBI agent Larry Meyer heard that police found Somer Thompson’s body in a Georgia landfill last week, he mobilized a group of co-workers whose gruesome, painstaking work may reveal her killer.

Some were gun-toting agents who regularly hunt criminals on the streets of North Florida. Others included FBI support staff whose full-time jobs entail photography and data analysis.

They are all part of the Jacksonville-based FBI Evidence Response Team, a highly trained group of forensics-fascinated folk who could run circles around any CSI television star, though it’ll take more than an hour.

What do you guys make of this Kenneth Kellam that was arrested in the area?

No full names ...initials or First name, last initial :)

No full names ...initials or First name, last initial :)

I think it is okay as Kenneth has been arrested, in the press & even the District Attorney has indicated there is a possibility he is linked to this case.

Personally though I don't think he is involved, but very happy he is in jail!

http://www.examiner.com/x-28599-SF-...ia-sex-offender-linked-to-Somer-Thompson-case
Although Dougherty County, Georgia District Attorney Greg Edwards said there is no direct evidence linking Kellam to the Thompson murder, he did forward information about the arrest to authorities in Florida working the little girl’s case.

Edwards said “It’s geographically feasible that he could have a connection to that case, and his M.O. is similar. So we have passed the information along to the proper authorities in Florida and the FBI has taken an interest.”

Going spelunking in Collinsville, AL - you folks sleuth me if I get lost in the caves! Have a good day all!

Dee, I am personally erring on the side of caution right now after yesterday. :eek:

Going spelunking in Collinsville, AL - you folks sleuth me if I get lost in the caves! Have a good day all!

I know where you are... neighbor.... I am on sand mountain.. lol

Have fun.. be safe.....

morning all...just returned from awards ceremony at my son's school....proud mom here..LOL...cannot do more pics today...and tomorrow I have a job interview to go on....so it will be Friday before I can do more pics of the Gano area.....just thought I would share...

RAILROAD TRACK? Remember Angel Resendez, who admitted and then recanted hundreds of murders? He rode the rails. Is there any reason the train would stop or slow, there?
yes a train would slow down here...just up that little dirt road to the left that runs behind the school, is a busy rd....Kingsley Ave.....and just as far in the other directions is Wells Rd, another busy road....trains will slow down here...not sure about stopping tho..

ok, just talked to my M-I-L, she was with my son the day they saw the van pulled over being searched....said it was and ugly white, almost tan color, looked a wreck, windows busted out....on the east bound lane of Kingsley Ave....so the burgundyish one would be a diff van being searched.....

Just caught up and wondered if in the video of Kyle, did he mention what time it was when Somer ran up to the house?

If Kyle is the last person to see Somer, other than the killer then J. (minor) the boy who saw Somer must have seen her first.

She is running near the tanks with "a frown" on her face and then runs up to the Gano house. I wonder if she was she running from something she saw near the tanks?

Did Kyle say where she went (direction) after that?

Maybe LE has asked him to keep quiet about those details. I'm going to watch the videos and read the articles you have posted since last night.

And I would recommend not being too worried about what you post.

If it's information with a name, and you are concerned about the privacy issue, change the names to initials in the part you snipped (don't post whole article). Provide a link and then anyone who wants to can read the details.

We're all watching each others' backs which I think is great because we want this board to remain open and trouble-free.

If you post a name, and he/she is an RSO, I'd suggest including a link to his inmate file just to eliminate confusion if someone doesn't recognize the name from the last threads.

There are some useful links in my signature, and if you right click on them, you can bookmark the link so you don't have to hunt for the link again or hunt for my signature.

sorry just now checking in, are there new updates? any pressers announced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member