FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now wait a minute ... JW says she possibly went in there but Kyle is saying he was the last person to see her (based that on LE saying it too).

I am sorry but I don't think JW is as in-the-know as we might have hoped.

the reason that I ask about the white truck
here is atttemped abducted from amber alert site

Tallahassee.com] 11/2/2009, Tallahassee, FL -- "A child abduction was attempted Monday night at Gilchrist Elementary. The following is a report from the Tallahassee Police Department:"

"Yesterday, just before 7:00PM, the Tallahassee Police Department received a phone call in reference to a suspicious incident that occurred after a local peewee football practice."

"The caller, identified as the football coach, indicated that one of his ten-year-old players was leaving practice (Gilchrist Elementary School), when a white male stranger offered the boy a ride home."

"The boy refused and the stranger fled as the coach neared the vehicle."

"Accompanying the man inside the vehicle was a white female, who appeared to be approximately 5 years of age. The girl has blue eyes and was wearing a pink dress."
"Based on information received, the girl did not appear to be distressed."

"The driver of the vehicle was described as a white male, 25 to 30 years old with brown or black "spiked" hair and wearing reading-type glasses. He was driving a large white pickup, possibly a Ford F-250.""Investigators are asking anyone with information about the above event to contact the Tallahassee Police Department at (850) 891-4200 or Crime Stoppers at (850) 574-TIPS -(8477)."

Yeppers, Noway. Nor LE. That's what I decided, too.

I have to laugh at the white van/truck issue.

It seems that every time I look at Bing maps, Google maps or any maps ... there are white vans/trucks in every neighborhood. I don't know how old the pix are but I've seen one on Elm, Willow, Gano, Arbor Circle and I don't know how many other places.

Since Somer is said to have been gregarious and not shy about talking to others, she should have waited until her siblings passed her then joined in with a group of kids behind them to walk with. Unless they were at the back of the dozens of kids since they probably had to wait for each other and meet up to walk together. It's very bizarre that Somer could just disappear in the midst of dozens of kids and none of them see her go into that house or cross over into the park.

I don't understand why the bookbag and other missing items are not on AMW web site.

I made notes:
No suspects, no POI
2:50pmwalking home w/10 yr old, twin and a couple of more children
15 minutes later, at house...she MAY have 'stepped' inside the fence, MAY have looked at the house
Someone MAY have pulled up in car, and Somer, gregarious, MAY have gone up to car
Roadblocks immediately put up, LE t/w people walking and driving
"After that, we don't know."
SOs are not clear, LE just located them to make sure one did not have Somer
Officer Joe Jett is who suggested following trash trucks
BUT...They do not know from which DUMPSTER Somer's body was taken.
Artist's rendering of a Hello Kitty book bag and lunch box
They've looked at all surveillance camera tapes in the area
And...that's it.

bbm
huh?:waitasec:

http://www.news4jax.com/news/21363638/detail.html
"Tuesday morning, one of my detectives, Bruce Owens, came forward and said, 'You know, I think it'd be a good idea to follow those garbage trucks and let's look at the garbage on the front end rather than waiting and maybe later on trying to go and uncover something,' which was a stroke of genius," Beseler said. "It was a precautionary thing. We didn't have any idea at that time that this would come about. But it was just a really good move."

Alright, I'm back to seriously considering someone in LE could be responsible for Somer abduction and murder...:banghead:

Officer Joe Jett! I've never heard that name, not even once during this entire case...WTH!

I understand LE wanting to remain tight-lipped about cause of death, but IMO if they would've released info about the book bag and lunch bag at the same time as they were giving that presser about "suspicious behavior", folks might have had something a bit more solid to be on the look-out for!!!

bbm
huh?:waitasec:

http://www.news4jax.com/news/21363638/detail.html
"Tuesday morning, one of my detectives, Bruce Owens, came forward and said, 'You know, I think it'd be a good idea to follow those garbage trucks and let's look at the garbage on the front end rather than waiting and maybe later on trying to go and uncover something,' which was a stroke of genius," Beseler said. "It was a precautionary thing. We didn't have any idea at that time that this would come about. But it was just a really good move."

Alright, I'm back to seriously considering someone in LE could be responsible for Somer abduction and murder...:banghead:

Officer Joe Jett! I've never heard that name, not even once during this entire case...WTH!

I know!!!! I thought it was Det. Owens who had the brilliant idea of following the garbage trucks!!! Who is Joe Jett??!!

They were showing LE looking at surveillance camereas looking for something out of a ordianry and LE said what time did you see that truck go by?

Just hoping if a girlfriend or a mother sees this lunch box or tote bag they will call LE. Lets just pray.

I've edited my notes to add details, but I need to make this very clear-it was an old-fashioned style book satchel that they showed, and the lunch bag was round, like a small tire. I'm guessing it was flat on the bottom, though.

Why are there so many ever-changing details in this case??!! Are the reporters just not paying attention to what they're told? If they're recording the statements of LE as they're interviewed, and writing their reports based on what is actually said, then why are there so many conflicting reports??!!

What I said in an earlier post about the lunch bag lid having the face of a pig; the face must have been the Hellp Kitty face (rather than a pig).... the items were flashed up and away so quickly.

On the officer/detective with the "following the trash idea".... you know as in most places... the worker bee (officer has the idea) and the supervisor/manager passes it along (sometimes taking the credit for the idea). Not saying that happened here... but it does happen alot in general.

AMW has this on their website:

The suspect is believed to have abducted Somer on her way home from school near Gano Ave. and Debarry Ave. in Orange Park, Fla.

The suspect is believed to have abducted Somer on her way home from school in Orange Park, Fla. She was last seen walking near Gano Ave. and Debarry Ave. between Grove Park Elementary School and her home on Horton Dr.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=69151

And Joe Jett? WTH?

They were showing LE looking at surveillance camereas looking for something out of a ordianry and LE said what time did you see that truck go by?

Just hoping if a girlfriend or a mother sees this lunch box or tote bag they will call LE. Lets just pray.

I hear that too. and he said white truck.

I can't believe they don't have the pictures of the school bags out in the public.

First, it was a backpack with hearts and skulls. Then it was a Hannah Montana backpack. Now it's a Hello Kitty book bag!

Hearts and skulls was just on the AMW drawing-- so maybe it IS hearts and skulls, but made by hello kitty? they make some strange stuff

And it was Sheriff Beseler himself who credited Det. Bruce Owens with the idea of following the garbage trucks!!! Why is the credit for that idea now being given to an officer named Joe Jett?!

I'm back to someone getting her into a car at the park. If they can't say for sure that she was inside the gate at the vacant house then the vacant house is no longer associated with/or a crime scene imo. I think LE went over the house with a fine tooth comb because they weren't sure if she was in there or not. But if they found out that she was in there from evidence then the statement would be "we know she was on the property at Gano" or something to that effect...not "she may have" gone thru the gate.

If she was seen near Gano or if Kyle saw her at Gano and she didn't make it to the cross guard further down Gano then I'm guessing she crossed the st in front of the vacant house to play at the swingset. I think someone snatched her there. Kids apparently don't walk on that side of the street so no one could easily see her over there. I think it happened in a split second. And I still think it was someone that had been hanging out watching either her or other kids pass by on their way from school before. Things just fell into place that day because she was alone.

snipped from Jacksonville.com paper about the children gone missing...hope the link at the bottom works........

Thirty-five years ago, in October 1974, the big story in Jacksonville was the ongoing search for five girls, ages 6 to 12, who had disappeared in a three-month span.

There were front pages with pictures of children, some with gap-toothed smiles, each identified by single names. Jean, Annette, Mylette, Virginia, Ann.

There were descriptions of massive searches, shocked neighborhoods and worried parents.

There were quotes from people, wondering what had happened to the world they lived in.

---

One mother said at least three-fourths of her neighbors are fearful of letting their children out to play or go to the store anymore alone (and) are taking them to and from school. "They're all afraid, and I don't blame them," she said. -- The Jacksonville Journal, Oct. 28, 1974.

On July 21, Jean Marie Schoen, a 9-year-old student at Love Grove Elementary, left her grandmother's house in Springfield and headed to Hanna's Food Store on the corner of Pearl and 17th streets, about two blocks away.

On Aug. 1, Annette Anderson, 11, and her sister, Mylette, 6, were left alone briefly at their Oceanway home. Their mother went to care for a sick relative shortly after 6 p.m. Their father, a commercial fisherman who was expected to get home by 6, got delayed by outboard motor problems. Sometime during a one-hour window, the two girls disappeared.

On Sept. 27, Virginia Helm, 12, disappeared after going to a convenience store one block from her home on the Southside. A story three days later said, "Police have received reports of young girls being approached by two or three persons in a car, then threatened and followed home when they didn't get in the vehicle."

On Oct. 12, Ann Greene, 12, missed the bus and stayed home with her mother. At 10:30 that morning, she went to a nearby grocery store to get some soft drinks. She bought the drinks, talked to the butcher, told him she'd see him later, then left by a side door.

By the fifth apparent abduction, the news was in the paper the next day with a large front-page headline:

Girl, 12, Missing Here;

Fifth in Last 3 Months

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-10-25/story/is_it_a_different_world_for_our_kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva