FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the backpack and lunchbox haven't been recovered?

That means someone has hidden them somewhere - but where? If they've finished searching the Gano house, the restrooms at the OPAA, and the landfill, and haven't found those items, they're still out there somewhere!

Don't be disheartened just yet...we still have hope in the DNA. Please Lord, let it come back soon and let it be conclusive.

I did notice that when the trash was being collected there was a sanitation worker standing beside the dumpster. How in the world would a worker not have seen her if she was in a dumpster? The only thing I can think is maybe her body was bagged.

They said she may have gone inside the gated area at the Gano property, not that she did for sure. They showed the officer that thought about following the garbage trucks. Said they still haven't found her pink book bag and a pink lunch bag and showed a picture of it. Said they've viewed video tapes of businesses in the area. And haven't ruled out any of the RSO's only that they have checked in with them and made sure they were where they were supposed to be...or words to that effect.

EDITED TO REMOVE ANY DESCRIPTION OF BOOK BAG/LUNCH BAG.
I'm sadly thinking they could have been dropped in any other trash can or dumpster, not that they're still out there...I wish they were, though.

No, Doggies, I didn't either. The description of the book bag/backpack has changed more than any other aspect of this case!

They showed the picture sooo fast; did I see 3 items?

First, it was a backpack with hearts and skulls. Then it was a Hannah Montana backpack. Now it's a Hello Kitty book bag!

The pic of the book bag and lunch bag was fast. I noted the roundish lunch bag had like a zip top (that lifts up) and there was a pig face that covered the lid.

The book bag (not a backpack) had a skull on it along with something else. Said both were pink.

I'm trying to look on the AMW website but for the pic of the book bag but I don't know what it is with my puter and that website I can't get anything to load. Maybe they've posted the picture on the their website. It's nothing like a backpack...it's a tote bag with a handle. I could have sworn there were 3 items too that they showed but they showed them so fast I didn't get to see them clearly. I only focused on the tote bag :(

Dee, I just saw the 2 items, although the lunch thingy did look round, to me. Was it? And it sure was a lightning shot.
Makes me wonder what else may have been different. So strange that John Walsh did not say she definitely went up to the burned-out house, or definitely went inside the fence...just that she MAY have...
ETA-I think they threw this little segment in at the last minute, God love him, just to keep her name out there. That's why it didn't show up on the show's listings, maybe.
And why an 'artist's rendering'? I'm looking for a picture now.

Show started off with It all began here along Gano Ave in Orange Park it was 10 minutes before 3. School was just let out. There were dozens of kids walking home. Somer was walking home with her sister, twin brother and school friends. She got into argument with one friend and ran ahead. 15 min later siblings arrived home and Somer was not there. Something happen along that street. Most likely scenario she may have gone willingly into a car. A break..someone saw her a few hundred yards were she separated from her siblings at a vacant house. Its the last place LE knows for sure she was last seen. She walked along the sidewalk possibly went inside the gate area, there were people here doing work and then after that we just don't know.

so the school bag and lunch bag along with another item was not found at the dump.

Did anyone hear the officers checking the videos.... about a white truck and what time it went thru?

I wonder if they check sex offendees in other counties like Putman and St.John even into Ga.

Did they say who they thought the person could be?Do they still think it was a person who hurt?the girls in 74?

I'm trying to look on the AMW website but for the pic of the book bag but I don't know what it is with my puter and that website I can't get anything to load. Maybe they've posted the picture on the their website. It's nothing like a backpack...it's a tote bag with a handle. I could have sworn there were 3 items too that they showed but they showed them so fast I didn't get to see them clearly. I only focused on the tote bag :(

States they are a book bag and a lunch box. Which to me looks like a Pink tote bag with long black straps. It has a pic of a scull, and around the scull head it has stars and hearts. The lunch box is round. its pink with a picture of a pig? The pig has blue ears. It looks like it has a zipper to close it and has a strap to hold it. The inside of the lunch box is white.

IF Somer got in a car ... her backpack and lunchbag could be long gone. The perp put her in a dumpster (where?) ... and after they found her body, did they continue to search the dump trucks for the backpack/lunchbox, or was that it?

I guess they were holding back on the backpack ... but IMO that was dumb. Someone might have found a pig bag and thought nothing of it because they had "skulls and hearts" and "Hannah Montana" and "black bookbag" on their minds.

ETA: Had seen reported as Hello Kitty bag but AMW has as pig.

Somer's case was alloted no more than 5 minutes time.

There was no new stuff, except for the tote bag and lunch box info.

The "retired serial killer" on the comeback was not even mentioned.

No hint as to what LE were doing on 1080 Gano and the park.

I saw an officer pointing at Arbor Circle with his finger, which gives me hope they have considered that area in the past. Maybe they cleared out.

Anyway, the case of the woman poisoning her hubby lasted three times as long, and they have an idea of where she is.

Well, maybe some key witness was watching and has the urge to talk.

Let's hope.

so the school bag and lunch bag along with another item was not found at the dump.

Did anyone hear the officers checking the videos.... about a white truck and what time it went thru?

I wonder if they check sex offendees in other counties like Putman and St.John even into Ga.

Book bag and lunch bag haven't been found. No mention of white truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE