FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went back on my tivo and looked closer at the bag and lunchbox. As a mom, I am familiar with the Hello Kitty stuff and IMO the lunchbox is not Hello Kitty. There are no "kitties" on the bookbag (not backpack) and the one on the lunchbox is a drawing of a kittie face with blue ears as someone on here posted earlier. On first glance, the drawing could easily be mistaken for a piggy face with blue ears.

I'm back to someone getting her into a car at the park. If they can't say for sure that she was inside the gate at the vacant house then the vacant house is no longer associated with/or a crime scene imo. I think LE went over the house with a fine tooth comb because they weren't sure if she was in there or not. But if they found out that she was in there from evidence then the statement would be "we know she was on the property at Gano" or something to that effect...not "she may have" gone thru the gate.

If she was seen near Gano or if Kyle saw her at Gano and she didn't make it to the cross guard further down Gano then I'm guessing she crossed the st in front of the vacant house to play at the swingset. I think someone snatched her there. Kids apparently don't walk on that side of the street so no one could easily see her over there. I think it happened in a split second. And I still think it was someone that had been hanging out watching either her or other kids pass by on their way from school before. Things just fell into place that day because she was alone.

I've had strong suspicions about the playground across the street from the Gano house, as well, and have posted my suspicions numerous times in earlier threads. So much time/attention was focused on the Gano house by LE, that it led everyone following the case to believe it was the actual crime scene. But when I first saw photos of the playground, I instantly felt that was where Somer went when she initially disappeared.

Maybe CS was on target after all -- seeing her at the corner of Gano and Grove Park. I had connected that to being the nearest intersection to the Gano house but really don't have much confidence after listening to what JW said on AMW. And that their website had information that is different than what LE is releasing makes me wonder what LE hopes to accomplish by confusing the public. How can the public help without knowing what they are looking for? I wonder if anyone had already found a PIG bag and discounted it because of the (many) descriptions in the media?

lunchtote.jpg

Shouldertote.jpg

YES thank you momtective!! I knew I thought it looked like a piggy!

the spot I saw here in Chicago was quite different, much more comprehensive...showed the house being worked on, garbage trucks, etc. Is this a shortened version. TIA

Sorry that was last weeks video. They should ave tonights up in just a bit. I'll watch for it and post it when they have it up. But they do have the lunch box and tote bag animation up.
http://link.brightcove.com/services/...id=48808631001

And it was Sheriff Beseler himself who credited Det. Bruce Owens with the idea of following the garbage trucks!!! Why is the credit for that idea now being given to an officer named Joe Jett?!

Someone mentioned earlier about the senior officer taking credit....apparently Bruce is an investigator, while Joey is a sargeant, and in the news quite a bit it seems.

REMOVED talk about HK since the lunchbox has a pig on it, not HK.

:rolleyes:

Momtective, if that is a new link (in the post above this) ... I can't get it to work.

That's a lot of stuff for a little kid to carry.

I've had strong suspicions about the playground across the street from the Gano house, as well, and have posted my suspicions numerous times in earlier threads. So much time/attention was focused on the Gano house by LE, that it led everyone following the case to believe it was the actual crime scene. But when I first saw photos of the playground, I instantly felt that was where Somer went when she initially disappeared.

Are you thinking that maybe she was taken from the playground?

If so she could been taken from the playground to the house
Was there a search of the playgorund? beside what they took out of the bathroom.

After watching this bit on AMW, I am a lot disheartened about this case. The fact that LE was not releasing COD and other details about this case made me think that they had at least an inkling of a lead or a direction they were following. At the time Somer was found, and because how quickly she was found, I felt fairly confident that they knew something and just needed some time to build a case.

I work in LE, been around and related to patrolmen, detectives, police chiefs and sheriff's my whole life. I understand how investigations progress. There still is the possibility that there are other details that we are not aware of that might make a difference in solving this case. But after watching the bit on tv tonight, I am starting to get a feeling that this case is in trouble from an investigation stand point. I truly hope that I am wrong and I hope that the segment will bring in some other leads.

Okay, I must be on a lot of peoples ignore list..lol
The above posted pics are screen caps from the AMW animation of the bag and lunch bag Somer was carrying.
It was not Hello Kitty.
It was according to AMW the bag and lunch box pictured above.
The lunch box has a pig on it. The tote bag is pink with black trim and black shoulder straps. It has a white skull with a bow on its head on the bottom corner of the bag and cross bones below the skull. There are white stars and hearts on the tote bag on the pink/white/black tote bag. Pink/white and black are the only things about the bag that resemble the Hello Kitty theme. The lunch box pig could conceivably be mistaken for Hello Kitty but it's not, it's a pig.

I've seen that skull-with-a-bow on socks but am not sure where -- I think Target or Walmart since that's where I spend my life when I'm not here.

images

Found this online but am not sure what brand it belongs with. Skulls are everywhere.

But wait ... maybe that was supposed to be a butterfly? Guess I'll need to watch AMW for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nemonic13