FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so why would a property have those Clay county no trespassing signs? Is there any way we can find out at all? That seems really weird to me.

I can buy no trespassing signs at Office Max where I live. I can't imagine how someone would get official signs. Perhaps someone that lives in OP or Jacksonville could call the Clerk of court or somebody like that.

There must be a reason.

I thought KWIM was a poster on another forum. Then I saw her here. Freaked me out.

My siblings and I chat a lot on MSN. The oldest thought LOL meant "lots of luck". She was really put it out that we kept saying it to her.

:)

ROFLMAO me too on KWIM... i swear,, and felt just as silly when I figured it out....

I thought KWIM was a poster on another forum. Then I saw her here. Freaked me out.

My siblings and I chat a lot on MSN. The oldest thought LOL meant "lots of luck". She was really put it out that we kept saying it to her.

:)

:rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:

I really think we need more smilies - especially one that likes wine!!!

so why would a property have those Clay county no trespassing signs? Is there any way we can find out at all? That seems really weird to me.

I can buy no trespassing signs at Office Max where I live. I can't imagine how someone would get official signs. Perhaps someone that lives in OP or Jacksonville could call the Clerk of court or somebody like that.

There must be a reason.
My guess is they posted em when he was arrested... I just cant figure out if they are protecting them or us... and cant help wondering if this is real crime scene.. no one ever answers me and I havent had time to sleuth it... does this garbage from GCS have same route as OP to Folkston? I remember seeing it before I even knew WLK's address..that it was the same route

Where I live, unless the property owner posts "No Trespassing" signs, anyone & everyone can enter that property without legal recourse. It happened to us - we live on property with woods and a lake, so we have regular summertime uninvited "guests". When we called LE, we were informed that we needed to post signs.

Who'd have thunk?!

Sorrell Skye, thanks for the concern,, it means alot, but I promise I am careful and am able to defend myself.. my kids r grown...with babes of their own and no one man to worry about :) Im use to takin care of myself.... and it was more exciting than any dates Ive had recently.....

Hey GF, if I was down there, I'd be right there with ya! I just luv a good adventure!!! :detective:

I'm local in the Orange Park area. Anyone can go to the Sheriff's Office and get a no trespassing sign. They are quite common in the more rural areas of the county.

There must be a reason.
I have those signs posted where I live....in Clay Co.....I got them from LE....they carry them in the trunk of their cars for when you have problems with trespassers....we were given them to post around our property....they are very common around here...

O/T but I think I need a You're welcome button and a LOL button.

And btw, Sadnpod, that area on Harbor looks scary enough online. ETA It's pretty secluded ...

I got an email today advising me of an attempted abduction of a child in a nearby neighborhood. A man was trying to lure a little girl into his car with promises of cookies. The little girl ran and was able to describe the man and his car. Her mother made a police report. Upon learning this, someone else reported that the same man had been in their neighborhood, so the guy is definitely making the rounds in the neighborhoods.
Immediately the schools put out notices, bus drivers were notified to be on the lookout. Emails were forwarded like crazy. I sent the email to a friend of mine who lives particularly close to that neighborhood and she said she had received the email from many parents and many different groups.

My heart breaks because I just wonder if Somer could have been saved if the same response had happened when the lady who thought the people in the blue nissan tried to abduct the little girl. Granted this incident was reportedly NOT an abduction, but the sheriff didn't even know that at first. If the community would have rallied to protect their children when the threat was first perceived, a little girl may still be here.

We need Justice for Somer and these Perps need to know that communities will not tolerate adults trying to take our children. Sometimes it does take a village. The village needs to send a message, loud and clear!!!

Okay - one more OT post & then I promise I'll post what I've been wanting to post all day - Share - where'd you get that?!

When you hit reply and the little smilies are on the right, there is a More you can click, it gives you tons more smilies, on the left side past the bananas, almost at the bottom is the clinking wine glasses.

I have those signs posted where I live....in Clay Co.....I got them from LE....they carry them in the trunk of their cars for when you have problems with trespassers....we were given them to post around our property....they are very common around here...

Hello cam - how in the heck have you been????? Long time no see - everything alright?

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...sa=N&start=160&um=1&ei=TTgHS7O2MoSVtgfZnqSXCA

Hoping the above link works..... interesting reading material as we wait for news.

ETA: GRRRRR!!!! It didn't link to the exact article. Link above & scroll down to the article written on 10/20/09 - the last one about Somer... where they talk about her being found in the landfill - I never heard that one.

So she was identified by her CLOTHES AND the birthmark on her leg. So does this mean she was fully clothed? I take the partially covered phrase to mean covered by debris possibly.

Hello cam - how in the heck have you been????? Long time no see - everything alright?
Hi Cheewawa, I am good, thanks for asking.....I started a JOB!! Can you believe it?? 18 yrs being a stay at home mom, now flipping burgers!! LOL, but it's a pay check......

I also want to add that adjudication is usually only withheld for less serious offenses, and when the defendant waives their right to a trial and enters a guilty plea.
So does this mean this isnt a REALLY BAD guy.... omgosh.... did I just think that?:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member