FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and I've wondered for weeks, does he LIVE there - it kinda makes sense if there are signs saying "protected by sherrif"

(sadnpod - did you say there were signs like that?)

OR is sherrif just visiting???

BOTH properties have
NO TRESPASSING
CLAY COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPPARTMENT

Signs are posted at entrance of both properties....
I didnt see any LE there anywhere, or next door..

Anyone wanna go back?

:furious:
Was perusing the SO map around Somer's house especially around the park and found one on Grove Park on the street she may have wandered down.

http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/flyer.do?personId=38021

Has anyone looked into him? I'm curious if he might have dogs since she liked them so much, that could be used to lure her into a home, garage or car.

What's curious is that this obit lists his family having Thompson relatives, it's surely a common name but am wondering if there's a relation...

http://www.orangeleader.com/obituaries/local_story_101213228.html

Yea, I went by that one too, if she went around the park, she would go rite by it... nothing notable... except a purple ribbon on a sign for somer in corner of fnt yd... pissed me DOWN!

Sadnpod, I found what I think is the place you went. If what I sent you is, then you can delete my Q about the apartment complex.

I used bing maps and Aerial and then Birds Eye view ... which is a much better picture than I got on Google; although I think the pushpin is off from its target.

you got it, but it looks much nicer from there.....I promise its not!!!

:furious:

Yea, I went by that one too, if she went around the park, she would go rite by it... nothing notable... except a purple ribbon on a sign for somer in corner of fnt yd... pissed me DOWN!

Thanks sadnpod. Hey while I have you, did you see my post about Gentry living near ST? Just wondering if he know of him. Am now also curious if ST knew of a connection to the Adams line I posted above. Thanks!

Was perusing the SO map around Somer's house especially around the park and found one on Grove Park on the street she may have wandered down.

http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/flyer.do?personId=38021

Has anyone looked into him? I'm curious if he might have dogs since she liked them so much, that could be used to lure her into a home, garage or car.

What's curious is that this obit lists his family having Thompson relatives, it's surely a common name but am wondering if there's a relation...

http://www.orangeleader.com/obituaries/local_story_101213228.html

What does adjudication withheld mean? I doubt there is a relationship as far as the Thompson name, these thompsons come from a very small town in NC, where no one moves to and u gotta be real lucky to get out of. I did see a dog, cuz mine went crazy.. but not a kid friendly lookin dog...

Thanks sadnpod. Hey while I have you, did you see my post about Gentry living near ST? Just wondering if he know of him. Am now also curious if ST knew of a connection to the Adams line I posted above. Thanks!

Yea, I dont see any connection... its pretty rural there and saxapahaw rd is closer to my house there than ST. I really am surprised no one ive talked to remembers it.. not much happens around there....

It's not that I don't WANT to post it here; it's that I can't by the rules of WS.

BBL tonight I hope.
Im gonna feel stupid, but it wont last long... what the heck does BBL mean?

What does adjudication withheld mean? I doubt there is a relationship as far as the Thompson name, these thompsons come from a very small town in NC, where no one moves to and u gotta be real lucky to get out of. I did see a dog, cuz mine went crazy.. but not a kid friendly lookin dog...

http://definitions.uslegal.com/w/withheld-adjudication/

Withheld adjudication generally refers to a decision by a judge to put a person on probation without an adjudication of guilt. It means a person is not found guilty legally by the court. If the person successfully completes the terms of probation and has no subsequent offenses, no further action with be taken on the case and the offense for which adjudication was withheld is typically not considered a prior conviction for purposes of habitual offender sentencing. If the person does not complete the terms of probation, a finding of guilty may be entered and the person may be sentenced according to the punishments defined for the offense.

Hey sad - responding to your Q re: "adjudication withheld".

It means a judge has put the defendant on probation, and the defendant has not been found "legally guilty". If the defendant completes the requirements of probation (pays fines & doesn't re-offend) the offense will not be considered a conviction on their record. If the defendant fails to complete the terms of probation, they can be summoned back to court, and may face jail time as well as having the conviction entered as "guilty" on their record.

BTW - PLEASE be careful! I know you are - but I want to say it anyway! I don't want to have to worry about you!

Hey Share - you beat me to it, as usual!!! :thumb:

I was so busy trying to explain it, but you just went straight to the definition!

I also want to add that adjudication is usually only withheld for less serious offenses, and when the defendant waives their right to a trial and enters a guilty plea.

I also want to add that adjudication is usually only withheld for less serious offenses, and when the defendant waives their right to a trial and enters a guilty plea.

in MD it is called probation before judgment. And yes, it is usually only given to first time offenders of less serious crimes

Sometimes also referred to as a "deferred sentence". Same criteria apply.

ok,, feelin stupid a lil longer than usual! thanks tho:blushing:

Awwww, hey we all go through that stuff. Once upon a time, I didn't know what LE meant.:doh: We have all been there at one point or another & no doubt we will hit bumps again through these roads lol. :hug:

Hey sad - ur NOT stupid!
For the longest time, I didn't know what KWIM meant!
At least you're not afraid to ask!

I thought KWIM was a poster on another forum. Then I saw her here. Freaked me out.

My siblings and I chat a lot on MSN. The oldest thought LOL meant "lots of luck". She was really put it out that we kept saying it to her.

:)

Sorrell Skye, thanks for the concern,, it means alot, but I promise I am careful and am able to defend myself.. my kids r grown...with babes of their own and no one man to worry about :) Im use to takin care of myself.... and it was more exciting than any dates Ive had recently.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katarinadil