FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for your daughter and family. It sounds like he had PSTD. I think that's what ST has. I thought I read it somewhere don't know where now. I think he's paid most of his child support. ST is in no way responsible for what happened to Somer. This was all on DT's watch. She should have driven her daughter home. Who in their right mind lets two 7 year old walk with a 10 year old. You have to be 12 to watch at home not out in the streets. She was negligent. One child ran ahead and ended up dead while the other 7 year old was behind. AT couldn't be in two places. The one who normally drives them is also at fault. How can you deny a child a ride? AB said she had no room in her car for them. This is a comedy of errors.

I have to disagree with your post. This was not Diena's fault. She was not negligent to let them walk home (no more than the 30 or more other parents whose children were walking too).

Nobody normally drove them home as far as I remember ... they walked.

And I have denied children a ride home in my car because the only available seat was where an air bag is and I figured of all days, that would be the day I got in a head-on collision and either my child or someone else's child would be decapitated.

I have to disagree with your post. This was not Diena's fault. She was not negligent to let them walk home (no more than the 30 or more other parents whose children were walking too).

Nobody normally drove them home as far as I remember ... they walked.

And I have denied children a ride home in my car because the only available seat was where an air bag is and I figured of all days, that would be the day I got in a head-on collision and either my child or someone else's child would be decapitated.

They were driven home and only walked some times.

The sheriff's office issued this description of Somer:

* 7 years old

* White female

* 3 feet, 5 inches tall

* 65 pounds

* Brown hair in pony tail

* Last seen wearing a cranberry colored jumpsuit with pink striped sleeves

Anyone with information is asked to call the Clay County Sheriff's Office as (877)227-6911.

An Amber Alert, issued about the girl, added that she was wearing a black shirt under the jumpsuit and may have had a red bow in her hair with a white hat and white scarf.
http://www.gainesville.com/article/20091020/ARTICLES/910209951/1002?Title=Orange-Park-girl-missing

What do we know of ST's love life? Did he have a girlfriend and this plays into him not seeing the kids for 2 years and what happened those last two months he did not talk to Somner?

]Does anyone think Somer's murder will be a cold case?
With LE being so silent, it reminds me of Haleigh so much[/B].........

BBM NO-NO I don't think this is a cold case at all!!! Tests are probably coming back everyday IMO. I think we have a problem though with our justice system in that even if LE is zeroing in on someone in particular with evidence...they still have to almost rule out the rest of the world (thinking of the defense in the Anthony case). This is going to be a above average case at least in Florida and a huge amount of time & wasted resources are going to be spent ruling out other people (thanks to free lawyers for fame). I hate to be cynical because I am a very positive person (although a realist), but this is what I project.

I couldn't make it to OP today, but I did have a dream....fwiw....DT was complaining about the burgundy pants that she had to wear in front of the judge....C4 and D14.....that is all I can remember....Hi Dr. Fessel!

But why do you think she was negligent to let them walk ever? There are crossing guards, there are sidewalks ... I could see if they had to cross a mine field or an 8-lane highway or some other hazard, but not really with the route they had to go.

I hope they hurry up and figure out where Somer was killed. I just don't see any way that she was nabbed of that street where 30 other kids walked and probably other kids, parents, and teachers came up that street even a little later. I don't know if her school had tutoring after for kids practicing to pass those tests in the Spring, but if so, even more kids and parents could have headed up the street around 30-45 minutes later. It's so odd that Somer would have wandered off to the park alone before any of the other kids even got home and maybe went out to play since she is said to have been so social. Where the heck did she go, or was she lured into the burnt house.....

I think I know ... Sam T. got a call from Somer a while back and wanted Sam T. to come get her. Sam T. has been frantic since that call.. All kinds of things going through his mind.. what could be happening to my child children? He was beside himself he talked to a friend that has a shady past and that friend felt so sorry for Sam T. he thought well, I will help him out and go get the little girl.. He went but things didn't turn out as planned and terrible things happened.

Now to cover his tracks Sam T. looks cornered and at an interview states Le told him soot was on Somer.. He looks around during on air like he is grasping for anything to help deter any information of him or his friends or family away from Florida... So the Soot comes up to target the burnt house..

I know this is wild thought or opinion but this is what some or most look like for the mother DT.. and most are worse about her..

I am sure Sam T. could have some dirt to dig up on him.. gezzz everyone does might not be as bad as some think or worse depends on person.

But NO ONE is Cleared ...... Remember ?????? Just because he is in n.c. doesn't mean he is innocent either.. worse things have happened from out of state..

I actually wondered about this type of scenario myself--one reason I brought up that DG rso a long time back. I don't think you've got perfect folks on either side of this equation, having looked at some NC court records. But I haven't been able to put together pieces to this theory in any convincing way.

Right now I'm leaning more toward a teen or young adult she was familiar with, probably with no record or unsearchable record, somehow linked to that day's activities.

I couldn't make it to OP today, but I did have a dream....fwiw....DT was complaining about the burgundy pants that she had to wear in front of the judge....C4 and D14.....that is all I can remember....Hi Dr. Fessel!
Hi Cam!!!

I hope they hurry up and figure out where Somer was killed. I just don't see any way that she was nabbed of that street where 30 other kids walked and probably other kids, parents, and teachers came up that street even a little later. I don't know if her school had tutoring after for kids practicing to pass those tests in the Spring, but if so, even more kids and parents could have headed up the street around 30-45 minutes later. It's so odd that Somer would have wandered off to the park alone before any of the other kids even got home and maybe went out to play since she is said to have been so social. Where the heck did she go, or was she lured into the burnt house.....

My gut tells me she was grabbed taking a shortcut going through the park or a yard and probably at a gate.

I also agree that DT was negligent in letting those children walk home....they are too young...IMO...as a parent, you just don't assume that your two 7 yr old children, and 10 yr old will make it home from school without supervision....as a parent, you have to KNOW these things....there is nothing more precious than your child....not your job, not your boyfriend...nothing! MO

I also agree that DT was negligent in letting those children walk home....they are too young...IMO...as a parent, you just don't assume that your two 7 yr old children, and 10 yr old will make it home from school without supervision....as a parent, you have to KNOW these things....there is nothing more precious than your child....not your job, not your boyfriend...nothing! MO

NEGLIGENCE - The failure to use reasonable care. The doing of something which a reasonably prudent person would not do, or the failure to do something which a reasonably prudent person would do under like circumstances. A departure from what an ordinary reasonable member of the community would do in the same community.

BBM JMO but I don't think she fits the definition legally.
http://www.lectlaw.com/def2/n010.htm

~snipped~
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL - Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park, Thread # 25

Somer was wearing a cranberry jumpsuit (jogging suit?) with a matching top to the bottom and pink satin stripes down the sides of arms and legs, and a black shirt underneath.

At the link in pink satin stripes, there is a video in which Diena describes the clothing.

So it is just D who persists in calling her outfit a jumpsuit and not a sweatsuit? It is just another one of those peculiar things I guess about this case. My association with jumpsuits is to the military on the one hand and chartreuse and orange psychodelic print stuff I saw people wearing on Tv in the 70's when I was a kid on the other!

My exwife belived in walking the kids to and from school at that age but I did not. It is such a rare occurence a kid gets grabbed in that setting I don't think you could call it negligent. Probably far more kids are killed riding in cars to school with their parents then are ever snatched like that.

Why would this matter, it was well routed with other kids & parents. I see no negligence here whatsoever. Also wish the other day I copied the statistic by basically it was a child is 25 x more likely to die in a car accident being driven to school then murdered. I took that with a grain of salt, but food for thought! Also we have the Jaycee Dugard case, where her father saw her being abducted before she got on the bus. So buses may only help IF they stop in front of your house, you KWIM. I see no fault on Mom here at all (walking home)...in this regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18