FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T... but this is truly hilarious. My father actually said the same thing to my 4 yr old nephew on Thanksgiving.. and that little boy looked him square in the eye and said.. "But Papa.. these are the only feet I have!" I almost choked on a left over turkey sandwich!

LOL LOL LOL!!!

We had 37 people at moms for TG dinner and at one point mom said she was losing patients, my daughter said I didn't know you were a Dr.

Since a babysitter has not been mentioned other than the teen who probably sat in the Summer, I doubt if the kids had an after school sitter at least this school year. If they had a sitter they would probably have had him/her picking them up from school. Not one person has mentioned anyone doing this at all.

Years ago, when I was a single mom with two children, the state helped me pay my babysitter when I worked....that was nice....wonder why DT didn't get any kind of assistance like this...I cannot remember the exact amount, but I did quailfy for day care...I chose to have a close friend babysit and pay them instead of a day care, and that was not a problem...this was many years ago, not sure what is out there today to help...but I know free lunches are out there.....the school is always sending me a form to fill out for it, but we do not qualify....the school gets so many $$ for each child on free or reduced lunches.....schools in clay county also offer free or reduced breakfast for children....fwiw...

That is so kind & loving of you...the world is a better place because of people like you! Thank you for being so kind & giving. :clap:
Thank you.That was nice of you to say.If something happened to the little girl.I really could not live with my self if I did not help her and something happened to her.I think her older brother is suppose to go meet her and hasn't been.

I think that as a parent, you should have an adult walk your children home, or have a plan for some kind of after school child care.....I think the adult that DT left to watch the kids, should have gotten up from what ever was going on and met those children at the school for a nice walk home....MO

I've wondered why he didn't go meet and pick up the kids. I figured the kids didn't know who h was. And wondered how mom would give permissison at the school for some strange man to pick up her kids. things just aren't that easy any more and with good reason.

I'm certain, there are few, if any, parents who have lost their child to murder who would not say...should of...could of...wish...wish...why didn't I?.

I agree - a competent, trustworthy, and dependable babysitter is worth a handful of gold. The trouble comes when trying to find one. Background checks don't tell all. the next bag of trouble comes from trying to keep a good babysitter. They are expensive and if in high school, there are activities after school.
I agree, but as a parent, you don't just settle with that, you find an answer before you leave your children alone....I am in no way trying to be difficult here, I hope you know that....it just bothers me so much.....makes me crazy when parents are not responsible for their children....MO

I've wondered why he didn't go meet and pick up the kids. I figured the kids didn't know who h was. And wondered how mom would give permissison at the school for some strange man to pick up her kids. things just aren't that easy any more and with good reason.

I'm certain, there are few, if any, parents who have lost their child to murder who would not say...should of...could of...wish...wish...why didn't I?.
I think that SP has been associated with DT for many years now....I think the children knew him....MO and if your children are walking....wouldn't matter if he was on the list at school or not....meet them at the corner and walk....and you can always call the school and give permission over the phone, I have done this before...

ST had nothing to do with this and we all know that. That's websleuth 101. This happened on DT's watch. A seven year old should be driven to and from school, period. It is not far fetched to charge her with neglect.

Each schoolday, in North America, thousands of children walk to and from school without incident. It would indeed seem far fetched to charge all these parents with neglect. JMO

Sadly, statistics indicate that children are far safer walking on the street than in their own homes!

Years ago, when I was a single mom with two children, the state helped me pay my babysitter when I worked....that was nice....wonder why DT didn't get any kind of assistance like this...I cannot remember the exact amount, but I did quailfy for day care...I chose to have a close friend babysit and pay them instead of a day care, and that was not a problem...this was many years ago, not sure what is out there today to help...but I know free lunches are out there.....the school is always sending me a form to fill out for it, but we do not qualify....the school gets so many $$ for each child on free or reduced lunches.....schools in clay county also offer free or reduced breakfast for children....fwiw...

Around here, the YWCA has the after school program and they do go by income. Surely with 4 kids and only $14 per hour Diena could have gotten some help, I hope. Even the Boys and Girls club has after school pickup for a fee. For kids who go to school near one, they can go after school and stay for $10 per year.

Around here, the YWCA has the after school program and they do go by income. Surely with 4 kids and only $14 per hour Diena could have gotten some help, I hope. Even the Boys and Girls club has after school pickup for a fee. For kids who go to school near one, they can go after school and stay for $10 per year.
and there is a YWCA prob about 2 miles from her school...maybe 3

Since a babysitter has not been mentioned other than the teen who probably sat in the Summer, I doubt if the kids had an after school sitter at least this school year. If they had a sitter they would probably have had him/her picking them up from school. Not one person has mentioned anyone doing this at all.

That is just another one of those peculiar things. The ONE day you worry about getting a sitter over, and something terrible happens.

Not that it matters now but the YMCA (or maybe YWCA) offers an after school program at Grove Park Elementary. It's on the school website. But I think someone local said their was a waiting list.

Even if you don't work you still have to pay child support. I remember one article that said he got hurt falling out of a truck in Iraq. Anybody know anything else on that?

Hey there Dr. F... long time no see. I seem to remember reading an article that said he was injured in Iraq. I'll see if I can find the link...

Hey there Dr. F... long time no see. I seem to remember reading an article that said he was injured in Iraq. I'll see if I can find the link...

Thanks Cheewawa!! I have no clue where to look for this one.

Sleuthing people in a forum like this is understandable. But, some comments here seem more like gossip and malicious rumors than real case discussions.

Even if DT turns out to be guilty, which is VERY doubtful at this point, let's discuss the evidence that points to her, other than her clothing and lovelife please.

There is no evidence known here....no facts except information from media reports (which are unreliable) and a sparse Incident Report that is not necessarily factual either, but includes accounts by people who may or may not be telling the truth. If this WS thread has more than 1 percent of the total facts on this case known by LE I would be very surprised. My guess is that report is now many inches thick with supplemental information. It is naive to think that we can sit in our homes with virtually no information and solve this case. It would only be possible if the perp was talking on here (or on any internet chat room) and/or one of us was in some way connected to him/her. There would be no value to release specific information to the public in the hope that some internet chat room will solve the case. LE was crying out for people somehow connected to the perp to open their eyes and talk. They are wise to withhold information from the public for many reasons and anybody studied, or experienced with criminal investigations would know why it is essential to withhold specifics. They would be negligent to do otherwise. Releasing information on this case could ruin the chances of a conviction and that is not consistent with protecting the public. It appears to me that they either know who did it or have a small list of people, but don't have enough evidence yet to make a move - most likely someone known to the victim - like the other two recent missing/murdered young girls in Florida. Riding a bus wouldn't have saved either of them.

What a wonderful & needed program txsviciki!!! But or course whether it is family, friends, teacher, coaches...they need also learn to "SAY NO & TELL", not just stranger danger. I think stats say about 65 cases per year in the whole US are stranger abductions...that's it folks!!! Think of your one town, then think of every city in the US. These are people that you know, that volunteer, your neighbor, your family...you just don't know. I know that is horrifying but that is what the statistics are saying from the victims!!!! What is the stats from a child molest of how many victims (they estimate before caught)? We also would be dropping the ball to not consider the parents as well. Sorry to spin off on a rant, but I think parents should be educated on the real statistics on abuse!!!

I have read different descriptions of the injuries.

Back injury from being thrown from truck in Iraq and more recently, a broken leg suffered in a car accident. He had surgery (more than one?) on his leg and is recovering.

I don't know the exact injury to his leg, but Sadnpod reported that his doctor told him he absolutely has to stay off it or risked amputation.

That might be in the previous thread or this one. I know it was fairly recently. In thread 23:
[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4492042&postcount=591"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL - Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park, Thread # 23[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member