FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, I've heard the 2 piece sweat suit outfits referred to as jump suits many times.. only that's usually by my much much older relatives.. (Great Aunts & Grandma's in their early to mid 80's..)

Watching out for each others children in no way means she had a babysitter only once! Not sure how you get to these conclusions.

ccane didn't say she only had a babysitter once. ccane said that SP only babysat once.

When giving a 'hug' one can also be giving love. Not necessary seeking it. I mean really - how much love can a child get from a brief hug with a crossing guard?

The person driving Somer to school that morning said she was perfectly fine...nothing different. So maybe mom knew best that her child wasn't really sick. How about some credit for moms knowing their babies.

Mom D. did make sure there was an adult waiting for the children that day. How is that neglect?
Sure there was an adult waiting, and from reading the police report seems there were several adults waiting....I still can't figure that one out....some of those people live clear out by me, about 12 miles away.....why were they on the police report? were they at the house with SP? This whole thing doesn't add up....were they doing some kind of indigo healing or something that day? There was not an adult to get her from school, only one or more waiting at home.....DT states that this was the only time SP was there to babysit....who was there on the other days? the 10 yr old, until the 13 yr old got home from school approx 1 hr later? a lot can happen in an hour.....MO

LOL.I'm not a morning person.But I have to be.I have no choice.I'm divorced and it's up to me to do everything the best I know how now.But one morning we rush to the bus stop coffee and all trying to wake up.Luckly thank God it's right across the street now and my 6 year old son was 5 at the time had his shoes on the wrong feet.I was sooo embarrassed.I didn't even see it.Thank God we had time to change them before he got on the bus.

I always used those moments as a learning experience for my daughters, I would tell them if anyone at school says you have your shoes on the wrong feet you tell them they are the only feet you have. LOL

that's my point...I am sure it was all Somer.....why? Teach her how things match, teach her the proper way to dress....my 11 yr old comes out is some of the craziest outfits for school, but I have to explain over and over that stripes and plaid don't go together, or orange and read....kwim?? Heck, DT didn't even know what back pack she took...what did she know?? only that her child did not make it home from school, and her gut told her something was wrong....by 4:00, I don't buy it.....I think there is a lot more to this family....I do not know what it is, but it does not make sense to me at all....the whole time line thing.....MO
(I take that back, she did know what Somer was wearing....wonder how she felt as a parent telling the world how her daughter was dressed for school)

JMO but I think telling the world how her daughter was dressed took a back seat to telling the world her daughter was missing.

I am with ya on this one!! When I pick my son up from school, we always see this little red headed girl about 8 yrs old walking down the busy busy road after she gets off the bus....everyday she stands by that busy busy road and just waves at every car that passes by with the biggest smile on her face, and I am always so worried for her.....When this first happened with Somer, my son said that this little girl was his first thoughts.....I am always watching in my rear view mirror to see that this little girl gets a bit closer to her home....makes me sick....I have no clue if anyone is even home for her when she gets there....

Maybe you can ask her name and number and call her mom and offer to help. Sometimes parents are so blind to see the dangers that exist. I know I would. It's a shame that this child is just on her own at 8.

Watching out for each others children in no way means she had a babysitter only once! Not sure how you get to these conclusions.

I get them from the news

Heres the video of talking about having a Pool at home

Three weeks ago Monday the 7-year-old was walking home from school with her older sister Abby and twin brother Samuel. Her mother was at work. And as usual, the children were to walk home together. Friends' parents would keep an eye on them.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/somer-thompson-mother-diena-searches-killer/story?id=9029804

There was a longer version of this interview that she states the kids not having a regular baby sitter but they are getting harder to find now.. I will keep looking for it in my spare time

Sure there was an adult waiting, and from reading the police report seems there were several adults waiting....I still can't figure that one out....some of those people live clear out by me, about 12 miles away.....why were they on the police report? were they at the house with SP? This whole thing doesn't add up....were they doing some kind of indigo healing or something that day? There was not an adult to get her from school, only one or more waiting at home.....DT states that this was the only time SP was there to babysit....who was there on the other days? the 10 yr old, until the 13 yr old got home from school approx 1 hr later? a lot can happen in an hour.....MO

I have no idea who was babysitting all the other days - you're so right...a lot can happen in an hour. Seems it was just a matter of minutes that Somer disappeared - doubt any babysitter waiting at home would have had much of an effect on the outcome that day or any other day. What do you think?

I always used those moments as a learning experience for my daughters, I would tell them if anyone at school says you have your shoes on the wrong feet you tell them they are the only feet you have. LOL

O/T... but this is truly hilarious. My father actually said the same thing to my 4 yr old nephew on Thanksgiving.. and that little boy looked him square in the eye and said.. "But Papa.. these are the only feet I have!" I almost choked on a left over turkey sandwich!

I find it incredibly interesting that, all of a sudden, you are asking for 'facts'. There have been pages ad nauseum put down as fact about mom D. over the holiday and nobody questioned ANY of the carp until a couple days later. Also, I find it very strange that you should know so much about mom D. and so very little about dad T.

I havent put down anything as about fact on DT. Ever. If I have I would like to see the post. 4mernaybor has posted much more about facts since she actually knew them both when they were married. Ive stated what I know about ST. I think clearly. Eyes.. U said earlier that you do not go on emotion, but facts. (not a quote, but I think close) That was why I asked if it was indeed a fact. If I have been lied to about supporting his kids, I would like to know. I would also like to add that you have brought up thanksgiving and "pages and pages " of posts put down as fact about DT ad nauseum, actually to the point of harping. Can we get over this already? Maybe its one of those things where "you just should have been there". I really dont see the point in discussing it any more. The bold is my edit.

When giving a 'hug' one can also be giving love. Not necessary seeking it. I mean really - how much love can a child get from a brief hug with a crossing guard?

The person driving Somer to school that morning said she was perfectly fine...nothing different. So maybe mom knew best that her child wasn't really sick. How about some credit for moms knowing their babies.

Mom D. did make sure there was an adult waiting for the children that day. How is that neglect?

She was looking for acceptance. You heard DT how she said her daughter wanted to please everyone. Someone who wants to please others lacks self esteem. Psych 101. Neglect does that. I know because I was neglected. My parents left me in charge of a younger brother at the age of 6. It was horrible.

I have no idea who was babysitting all the other days - you're so right...a lot can happen in an hour. Seems it was just a matter of minutes that Somer disappeared - doubt any babysitter waiting at home would have had much of an effect on the outcome that day or any other day. What do you think?
I think that as a parent, you should have an adult walk your children home, or have a plan for some kind of after school child care.....I think the adult that DT left to watch the kids, should have gotten up from what ever was going on and met those children at the school for a nice walk home....MO

Maybe you can ask her name and number and call her mom and offer to help. Sometimes parents are so blind to see the dangers that exist. I know I would. It's a shame that this child is just on her own at 8.
I actually walk this one little girl home because she asks me too.She lives down the road.I don't like her walking alone.There is only one other mom at our bus stop.No one walks them to the bus stop or home.So I keep an eye on them too.

I think ST was driven away by PC and whatever drugs he brought in.

Sleuthing people in a forum like this is understandable. But, some comments here seem more like gossip and malicious rumors than real case discussions.

Even if DT turns out to be guilty, which is VERY doubtful at this point, let's discuss the evidence that points to her, other than her clothing and lovelife please.

IIRC, ccane said SP was only babysitting that once, not that they never had a babysitter.

I get them from the news

Heres the video of talking about having a Pool at home

Three weeks ago Monday the 7-year-old was walking home from school with her older sister Abby and twin brother Samuel. Her mother was at work. And as usual, the children were to walk home together. Friends' parents would keep an eye on them.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/somer-thompson-mother-diena-searches-killer/story?id=9029804

There was a longer version of this interview that she states the kids not having a regular baby sitter but they are getting harder to find now.. I will keep looking for it in my spare time

I agree - a competent, trustworthy, and dependable babysitter is worth a handful of gold. The trouble comes when trying to find one. Background checks don't tell all. the next bag of trouble comes from trying to keep a good babysitter. They are expensive and if in high school, there are activities after school.

I have to get my little ones ready for bed for school tommorrow and they don't look tired at all.LOL.I pray tommorrow brings news of somers killer and an arrest.

I actually walk this one little girl home because she asks me too.She lives down the road.I don't like her walking alone.There is only one other mom at our bus stop.No one walks them to the bus stop or home.So I keep an eye on them too.

That is so kind & loving of you...the world is a better place because of people like you! Thank you for being so kind & giving. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Torchy