FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read different descriptions of the injuries.

Back injury from being thrown from truck in Iraq and more recently, a broken leg suffered in a car accident. He had surgery (more than one?) on his leg and is recovering.

I don't know the exact injury to his leg, but Sadnpod reported that his doctor told him he absolutely has to stay off it or risked amputation.

That might be in the previous thread or this one. I know it was fairly recently. In thread 23:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL - Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park, Thread # 23
And don't forget the fall from the wheelchair during the memorial service-Sad said it was a nasty tumble, and that he fell on that bad leg.
I know you all are going back in time, not forward, but wanted this in here just in case this comes up again, and it probably will...plus, someone had said earlier that he should be out of the wheelchair by now, but perhaps not, if his recovery was set back due to that incident.

Are you asking why we should take fbeyes word over everyone elses?
Is that who you are referring to as being on this site and others?
I'm not being snarky, I just don't know what you mean. I have been absent from this thread recently so maybe I missed something.

I took fbeyes quote as being a generalization (sp???). I agree with most of what was posted. But, like I said, if I missed something, IDK.

I should have been more clear, I can agree with most of FBEYES post too, but I was interested in FBEYES quote in particular:

[quote Releasing information on this case could ruin the chances of a conviction and that is not consistent with protecting the public][/quote]

I am asking where this came from? We can be hard here when people make statements & rightly so (not disputing the quote.) ... just asking for clarification on this statement.

LOL, doggies I was going to let Sadnpod mention that fall from the wheelchair! ;)

Ok, I thought releasing information in any case could ruin the chances of conviction. And, if no conviction, then it would not be consistent with protecting the public.

I guess that's why I took the post as a general statement but can kinda see why you think maybe it was intended to imply that the poster had personal knowledge of the case.

I get ya.

Imagine trying to follow up on (last count that I remember) 4,000 tips.

LOL, doggies I was going to let Sadnpod mention that fall from the wheelchair! ;)
Well, yeah...ahem...lol...notice I did not mention one word about the whys or wherefores of said 'incident.' Nor did I provide a link to the description. :innocent:

I wondered that too, maybe they were seeing if he went to back for them.

I thought the same thing. Maybe the multiple descriptions were on purpose? IDK

My brain is getting fuzzy and it's time for sleep. Maybe a snack first. I need to change my avatar. I am craving sugar cookies but have been too lazy to make them. I'm afraid I'd eat the whole batch.

I wonder sometimes if she had put the bag down and lunchbox down somewhere and was playing when she was grabbed. Maybe the perp never even saw them.

Her bag and lunchbox are very distinctive...no body has reported finding the items yet. This tells me he didn't leave the items around for people to find...I would be shocked if they are close by. I bet he threw them in the garbage just like he did Somer. Different trash bins or maybe in his own trash. They could have been thrown out anywhere. Maybe he hid the items in a rented storage bin.

1. I tried to find on the OPAA link what was going on that day at the park, but there is no info on the link except the possibility that there could be lots of activities.

Any locals willing to find out what was going on that day after school at the park?High schoolgets out early.

Maybe other sleuthers can figure out how to get that info. Was it empty, or were there people there?

2. We had a case in my state of a mother getting money from starving her child. She was arrested right away. The guy who was in on it was arrested the other day , 4 months later. They had plenty of evidence on him. Very concrete, so I don't know what the hold up was.

So I am hoping this is the case with Somer-they are getting their ducks in a row and it's taking a lot of nice , solid work.

I wondered that too, maybe they were seeing if he went to back for them.

I have wondered if the initial backpack was found at home and thats why the description changes, because Dt was not sure which bag she took.

Well, yeah...ahem...lol...notice I did not mention one word about the whys or wherefores of said 'incident.' Nor did I provide a link to the description. :innocent:

Thanks so much!! I cant find a klutz smiley!

1. I tried to find on the OPAA link what was going on that day at the park, but there is no info on the link except the possibility that there could be lots of activities.

Any locals willing to find out what was going on that day after school at the park?High schoolgets out early.

Maybe other sleuthers can figure out how to get that info. Was it empty, or were there people there?

2. We had a case in my state of a mother getting money from starving her child. She was arrested right away. The guy who was in on it was arrested the other day , 4 months later. They had plenty of evidence on him. Very concrete, so I don't know what the hold up was.

So I am hoping this is the case with Somer-they are getting their ducks in a row and it's taking a lot of nice , solid work.

I am always amazed at how much early evidence they have in some cases when they finally hit the courts.

O/T
Good night all you sleuthers.. Im goin early for a change. Maybe tomorrow? Hopefully tomorrow.

So many things about this case remind me of things about Tori's case.

Many a night I just sit back here with my bowl of popcorn.

In case you didn't follow her case, Mom and boyfriend were very suspect, at least for their lifestyle. In the end the 2 people arrested were never even known to us to be able to sleuth them. Of course, it's a lot harder in Canada. We don't have easy access to records and registries.

Paris you may have forgotten, I followed that case extensively at W/S...& I see many similarities that have yet to be played out. For those not familiar, both Moms could be kind of compared in their situations. It goes on and on with similarities, but in the other case it was someone known to Mom & B/f & I believe father as well to some extent, and Victoria Stafford (8 years old) was brutally murdered. It was an acquaintance that live a few streets over. The mother did daily TV interviews for weeks, ended up saying she was admittedly on drugs, which proved (apparently the lacked emotion) this mother was inconsistent on details as well. I can certainly understand the comparison. There were two people arrested (18 yr. girl & I believe 27 old guy) for killing this 8 year old and to my knowledge it ended up being no direct connection to Mom or at least she is not implicated for legal purposes. I am not up on this case, Paris do care to shed light. There are striking similarities, even the brother was supposed to walk the sister home. It so strange, the similarities...right Paris???

Paris you may have forgotten, I followed that case extensively at W/S...& I see many similarities that have yet to be played out. For those not familiar, both Moms could be kind of compared in their situations. It goes on and on with similarities, but in the other case it was someone known to Mom & B/f & I believe father as well to some extent, and Victoria Stafford (8 years old) was brutally murdered. It was an acquaintance that live a few streets over. The mother did daily TV interviews for weeks, ended up saying she was admittedly on drugs, which proved (apparently the lacked emotion) this mother was inconsistent on details as well. I can certainly understand the comparison. There were two people arrested (18 yr. girl & I believe 27 old guy) for killing this 8 year old and to my knowledge it ended up being no direct connection to Mom or at least she is not implicated for legal purposes. I am not up on this case, Paris do care to shed light. There are striking similarities, even the brother suppose to walk the sister home. It so strange, the similarities...right Paris???

Now that makes me wonder could there be 2 people involved in this. Got to think on this.

Good night, everyone. Now that I put my foot in my keyboard, it's time for me to make like a ruminant and va-moose. :iamashamed0005:
Maybe tomorrow...

Now that makes me wonder could there be 2 people involved in this. Got to think on this.

It hasn't gone to court yet, the 27 yr. old guy according to the press didn't have a record. Like Paris said, we couldn't slueth it. Mom was raked over the coals, but justly so...even Mom stated LE told her she was the #1 suspect, although LE didn't make this public, she did. Mom even told everyone she walked out of a Lie Detector test. Everyone on suspecious of course!

But Dr. Fessel there was another murder case, older guy with a 18 yr. old girl as well (Canadian case). The Jennifer Horne case done by a guy & a young girl. Guy around 27-28 ish, it seems to makes stats pan out doesn't it?

But just to re-iterate these were brutal murders. But I just want to point out, as someone asked earlier if they thought this could be connected to Haleigh; IMO NO. I have followed Haleigh's case & a whole lot of others. There is no similarity etc. with Somer's and Haleigh's. It is only my opinion, but it is a whole different set of circumstances...totally different MO.

It hasn't gone to court yet, the 27 yr. old guy according to the press didn't have a record. Like Paris said, we couldn't slueth it. Mom was raked over the coals, but justly so...even Mom stated LE told her she was the #1 suspect, although LE didn't make this public, she did. Mom even told everyone she walked out of a Lie Detector test. Everyone on suspecious of course!

But Dr. Fessel there was another murder case, older guy with a 18 yr. old girl as well (Canadian case). The Jennifer Horne case done by a guy & a young girl. Guy around 27-28 ish, it seems to makes stats pan out doesn't it?

But just to re-iterate these were brutal murders. But I just want to point out, as someone asked earlier if they thought this could be connected to Haleigh; IMO NO. I have followed Haleigh's case & a whole lot of others. There is no similarity etc. with Somer's and Haleigh's. It is only my opinion, but it is a whole different set of circumstances...totally different MO.

If there was a guy and a girl involved then I think they have a better chance of finding out what happened. People breakup move on and stuff comes out.

I don't see any similarities between this and Haleighs case.

I really think it was someone on that path home and I have a feeling she took a shortcut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MagnoliaGRL