FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The talk about the electrician man being interviewed and now Mr. Tight Jeans worries me A LOT!!!

I'm afraid that indicates that they don't have a clue who did this!

MommaD you make me smile!
I just logged on to catch up and find out the who's who of bil and sisters wasnt resolved when i logged off like i thought it was. I love your descriptions of the people in the photos. ROFLMAO!!!

BBM: That dayum MommaD is as much fun as a barrel full of monkeys, ain't she?:applause::applause:

Anyone else notice that the BIL/ cousin conversation fizzled again? Sorry but I can't remember who commented on that earlier but they were right. As soon as this topic starts there is a distraction. I want it to start again but have no clue where to begin... Not too much we can do without a hint on last name.

Hey everyone, I am 11 pages behind but wanted to pop in to let you know that First Coast News (Channel 25) just had a brief story on Somer Thompson. Talking mostly about the neighborhood not being the same but still preparing for the holidays.
At the end of the story it indicated that the CCSO expects lab results back within the month to help with the case. That is what I feel like was relevant to post here. I will look for the link in a few. It usually takes a while for it to show on their site after they air.

Here is the link. However, they did not include the reporter's comments (Donna Deegan) after the video was played. That is where she said the statement about the lab results. The "life goes on comment" hit a nerve with me, I just do not like it when people say that about something so tragic.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=149016&catid=3

Neighborhood Watch Set Up in Somer's Neighborhood

Jackelyn Barnard Taren Reed
bullet1.gif
Created: 12/3/2009 4:29:49 PM
bullet1.gif
Updated: 12/3/2009 6:14:51 PM

ORANGE PARK, Fla. - In the midst of the reindeers and Christmas wreaths is the color purple, Somer Thompson's favorite.

"It's still unbelievable, but unfortunately life goes on so we've got to make it the best for the kids who are still here. I think the Christmas decorations will put some happiness into the situation," said Anna Braddy, one of Somer Thompson's neighbors.

It's been six weeks since Somer was abducted from her Orange Park neighborhood and murdered.

Braddy used to walk Somer to school every morning. She said the neighborhood has changed.

"It's changed for the better. I can say no kids are left out by themselves at all."

More at http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=149016&catid=3

LOL Just-Us, we posted that at the same time. I found it interesting that it said AB walked Somer to school each day since on the day she disappeared, AB drove her to school.

Maybe it's two different links. ETA: No, same story.

Wow!

Anna B. has sure changed.

I wouldn't have recognized her. She looks very different from when she did the interview w/ the Sheriff.

That image of the little purple plaque on the tree hit me hard.

I hope they find who did this - and soon. As far as I'm concerned, there is no punishment harsh enough.

Does anyone know the name of Mr. Tight Jeans besides the first name of Chris or is it Kris?

Does anyone know the name of Mr. Tight Jeans besides the first name of Chris or is it Kris?

Sounds the same but don't know how he spells it. IIRC the detective called him "Bones" ... that might have just been something LE was calling him, not his real nickname (if there is such a thing).

I was thinking maybe it rhymed with bones? sadnpod? Any info here?

In this video Uncut: Somer Called Endangered in Tuesday Afternoon Briefing they mention that Somer met up with her siblings in the 1100 block of Gano.

She didn't leave the school with them. I don't think I knew that.

I'm not sure how close that is to Solomon and Gano, but she must have run off almost immediately after meeting up with them.

http://www.news4jax.com/video/21352846/

I am thinking AnnaB must have driven the kids that morning because it was cold here. This was the first cold morning that we have had this year.......

Besides the AMBER Alert, they used A Child Is Missing phone system alert and Educate link to school system. These resources were tapped early on in the investigation. (not sure of those names are accurate ... just took them off the video)

He also said they had several places, several friends, she liked to visit and they looked into those.

Normal routine was to walk. Typically there is someone there waiting for her when she arrives (adult).

LE is working around the clock, shift change at 7 a.m./7 p.m. (on the 7s he said). They had worked through the night on Monday; video interview was 4 p.m.

Dan Mahla (sgt) says Somer was released at 2:50 to go home. Not sure why she was late or if he was mistaken. Kids arrived at 3:05. Mr. Patton was there. Mother called around 1600 (4 p.m.) and was told she had not come home with others.

Had not found physical evidence to lead them to Somer. Searched Kingsley to Wells Rd. and from city limits of Orange Park to Orange Avenue. Are now retracing those steps in daylight.

Just some other things I noted.

ETA: Had not found physical evidence to lead them to Somer. But it doesn't mean they didn't find physical evidence.

Crazy Horse has a MS, with lots of pics, even some of the crew....maybe there is one there of this Chris guy you guys are talking about?

actually I think there is a WHOLE BUNCH of pics of this guy there.....

Maybe Somer was kept after school because of the backpack hitting incident with the other little girl?

There are a few people in the photos there but not sure if Sad would recognize him because they are at a distance and he's got his back to camera. They are looking to hire a bouncer. I see they are closed Closed Monday, Tuesday and Sunday.

Closed. I wonder if that means closed for cleaning or whatever. Closed to the public or closed to everyone?

I ask that because maybe C was on his way to or from work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member