FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How old is your son now? Is that something you would be so carefree about today?

He's 23. We live in the same neighborhood as we did when he was young. So to answer your question, yes - I would let him play with his friends in the neighborhood today if he were young. But like Noway, I had the phone numbers of his friends & knew what friends he would be going to see if they could play.

I wasnt referring to you... IIRC I was referring to a post(s) made by eyes as most ws members would know. I appreciate your input from a new perspective and I mean no disrespect.. but I would appreciate it if anyone who reads my posts takes the time to read all the threads and all the posts that the rest of us have. Its not easy keeping up here. We have all put in hours and days and almost 2 months looking at the whole picture, disecting the whole picture, and we all know that we arent certain of much, especially not that it was someone she knew and went willingly with. Are you certain.. like in a fact certain... are do you feel certain? there is a huge difference.

When I say it was someone she knew and went willingly with, I base that on it happening in broad daylight, with nobody noticing anyone odd, with no noise. She had been running off and may have been in trouble (again I refer to Diena's plea before she was found....come home...you're not in trouble); it seems possible it was an authority figure (male) who was waiting with a stern expression and she was thinking "uh oh....I'm in trouble now..." This would fit in with a crime of rage from someone who didn't like her and used this opportunity to make a move. No, I do not know anything for certain. The certainty is very very strong when I compare this to other possibilities. The only other perp I can think of would be a RSO. I can't see sexual battery fitting into the broad daylight/no noise/time frame scenario. Thanks.

Tara, there is video of AC in the funeral video where it talks about the family arriving about an hour before everyone else.

I'll find it and post it here even if you already found pix/video.

Video @ about 0:48
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5jXevmg6bo

Pix from Amanada's PB
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Somer%20Thompson/?action=view&current=fam2.jpg

In video, is AC wearing a medical id tag around his neck? Just wondering. My daughter has diabetes and has one of these. It looks like a medical tag.

I will say that if I lived in Florida, I wouldn't be letting them out of my sight. But I have the advantage of hindsight.

I think it actually rhymes with bagel. LOL but that is how I pronounce it based on the spelling. Maybe the reporter says it on the video?

bagel...eagle...freedom....JUSTICE FOR SOMER!

In video, is AC wearing a medical id tag around his neck? Just wondering. My daughter has diabetes and has one of these. It looks like a medical tag.

heck! I WAS trying to figure out what THAT was.....

it is large!

i was stumped.

hmmmmm.

going to look again.

Okay...now that I'm caught up I see that I'm responding to posts that were discussed 45 posts ago. Lol.....Jeez. That's what happens when I take a day off from WS.

Ccane, are you looking for one of first videos of Diena with her saying "Never. Never." in response to question by reporter?

Sheriff and slight history of running off (this was at 7 hours missing)
http://www.news4jax.com/video/21344324/

RO'C neighbor said she never met a stranger; she was very friendly. She was always looking for other kids to play with.
http://wokv.com/localnews/2009/10/more-tips-no-arrest-in-somer-t.html

TJ said her daughter, 11, would often go to the library with Somer at school and the pair would look at books about kittens and puppies. (same link as RO'C)

It is here and with my child. And the kids in the neighborhood.

Don't mean to split hairs....but, it sounds like your children had friends they played with and that is normal, and likely the friends' parents were there and everyone knows everyone else, etc. Plus, it sounds like you are onto your kids' interests, schedules and routines.

Somer did not have friends. It has been said repeatedly that she wandered around looking for people to play with. It's been said she played alone in the house (empty?) a lot (by her grandma). Everything that has been said about this child describes a clumsy and affectionate child craving love, attention, companionship and acceptance by her peers...and some adults? I feel like the little one was a lonely little outcast. How cruel kids can be. How dismissive big people (especially men) can be (remember DT said, "if only I had taken that time when I thought I was busy but wasn't really busy); I've known lots of kids who tried too hard, hugged too tightly, talked too much, acted silly and all sorts of other things which pushed people away even more. She wasn't going to her friends' houses IMO

I hadn't heard anyone being quoted as saying that other than the babysitter. And I'm covering all bases since I don't know that she was grabbed when she had wandered off. Her sister said she ran off ahead and she didn't come home but everything in between that is fuzzy to me.

The Sheriff said she had a slight tendency but that we shouldn't assume that was what happened here.

I think Diena meant that she didn't run off and stay away for hours and hours, but that was my interpretation.

Gee I really have to stop and go to bed. If you scroll through Jax4 and other news sites' ongoing articles (before they sadly stopped), there are various reference by reporters in them that state she was known to run off frequently. I am sorry I can't tell you which ones.

Good night everyone ... only MommaD gets to post this many times on a page.

Ccane, are you looking for one of first videos of Diena with her saying "Never. Never." in response to question by reporter?

Sheriff and slight history of running off (this was at 7 hours missing)
http://www.news4jax.com/video/21344324/

RO'C neighbor said she never met a stranger; she was very friendly. She was always looking for other kids to play with.
http://wokv.com/localnews/2009/10/more-tips-no-arrest-in-somer-t.html

TJ said her daughter, 11, would often go to the library with Somer at school and the pair would look at books about kittens and puppies. (same link as RO'C)

No not those.. the detective mahla only did one presser I think on tuesay? I cant find it right now

If I thought so little of the rumor I wouldn't be putting it out here like that!!
See. That's why I was asking about things like the little white lie earlier. I asked because you said it initially in relation to saying you had inside info on the case. I didn't know it it stemmed from that. So I asked. Now you have interjected this, which you point out as a rumor. But, yet again. There it sits on the page. KWIM?

See. Thats why I didnt put it out there until you asked. I am not you. When did I say I had "inside info". I said I have reason to believe, IIRC. Didnt know what stemmed from what? and NO I dont KWYM?

From what I just read ... Somer did have friends. But she did spend time out of her house wanting to play with others.

KB was her best friend.
Anna B., whose daughter K. is best friends with Somer, said she took Somer to school the day the 7-year-old disappeared. B. said it was a normal morning and Somer was her usual self. http://www.news4jax.com/news/21389523/detail.html

TJ's daughter who went to the library with her ... (link above).

No not those

LOL, I'm finding the ones I was referring to. I wasn't sure what one you said you'd find ... maybe the "Where's Somer -- AGAIN" one? or Diena saying that Somer never ran off ...

The Mahla one was posted in whatever thread I was summarizing videos.

Sgt. Dan Mahla of the Clay County Sherriff's Office said authorities "suspect foul play" and said it would be "totally out of character" for the second-grader to run away and not come home.
http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/amber-alert-search-somer-thompson-missing-florida-girl/story?id=8874269

don't know if source will work

Gee I really have to stop and go to bed. If you scroll through Jax4 and other news sites' ongoing articles (before they sadly stopped), there are various reference by reporters in them that state she was known to run off frequently. I am sorry I can't tell you which ones.

Ha ha... Its official... ws addict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member