FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning ChickP,

By "foreign labs" doing some of the work, I don't think he meant out of the country. It just means outside their normal labs. Possibly commercial or university lab. Like Genentech, etc. Or Boston University, etc.

That's great. I want to know if LE had let DT know this or whether she had to find it out through her alleged attorney liason. "They" said she could have a lock of hair. Which they said it. I understand she has not received it? No direct bearing here, just saying how much access does she have to them?

How can some of you live in your own world thinking everyone is capable of murder?
The friend, the boyfriend, the neighbors, the neighbor's sons, the kids from school, various and sundry relatives, anyone who happens to be named Chris, along with the ususl suspects. Turn that inward. Do you think that about your own life? Do you suspect all your own relatives, friends, kids from the neigborhood and schools are capable of murder, too? Or just hers?

Everyone is capable of murder. Murderers aren't any different than you or I. Murderers are someone's friend, bf, neighbors, neighbor's sons, kids from schools, various relatives, some are named Chris, and the usual suspects.

We have to suspect everyone except the Sheriff. Honestly I even suspect the sheriff. Nobody is not a suspect living in that area and even someone in the vicinity. Also, someone who was around that day in Orange Park.

That's great. I want to know if LE had let DT know this or whether she had to find it out through her alleged attorney liason. "They" said she could have a lock of hair. Which they said it. I understand she has not received it? No direct bearing here, just saying how much access does she have to them?

Yes. I know. She has an attorney who acts as a liason. That speaks for itself. Since she hadn't received this lock of hair after nearly five weeks, I think that also speaks for itself.

Everyone is capable of murder. Murderers aren't any different than you or I. Murderers are someone's friend, bf, neighbors, neighbor's sons, kids from schools, various relatives, some are named Chris, and the usual suspects.

We have to suspect everyone except the Sheriff. Honestly I even suspect the sheriff. Nobody is not a suspect living in that area and even someone in the vicinity. Also, someone who was around that day in Orange Park.

Really? You suspect the sheriff. I dont'! There are lots of people I don't suspect. And for the record I am not capable of murder. Are you?

Fed up people in my book are B-----. Especially if she's fed up with a 7 year old. Somer needed so much more. All she had to say was no and then DT would have been forced to get someone who wasn't fed up. Her being fed up could be a motive. She may not have liked Somer. That Crazy old B---- (she's only 5 years older than me but her face looks so old, must be a smoker). I can't stand people like that. Somer deserved and NEEDED so much more.

Geez pin..I dont think she was fed up with somer. I think she was fed up with DT and she must have said she wouldnt be there if she had a babysitter pick up her own child that day. What she agreed to do a yr ago may not be what she can do now, maybe her kindness was taken advantage of and she could not hurt kids by telling them to go home to no one and DT wouldnt fix the problem.

BBM

BBM

There is another reason...actually there could be several reasons, but I tend to think it was because it was not SP's responsibility to watch her as a babysitter would be doing, because he wasnt babysitting. It was not his responsibility.. it was at's... go get her.. YOU find her...

IMO if it is "not your responsibility" you nevertheless TAKE RESPONSIBILITY until someone responsible comes along. Otherwise, NOBODY IS TAKING RESPONSIBILITY...that's the cause of "falling through the cracks", which, as we know, was fatal in this innocent child's case.

Fed up people in my book are B-----. Especially if she's fed up with a 7 year old. Somer needed so much more. All she had to say was no and then DT would have been forced to get someone who wasn't fed up. Her being fed up could be a motive. She may not have liked Somer. That Crazy old B---- (she's only 5 years older than me but her face looks so old, must be a smoker). I can't stand people like that. Somer deserved and NEEDED so much more.

Apparently, she did say "no" although not directly, and who is to say that DT would have gotten anyone else? If the woman had did it several times, if Somer routinely came and stayed at her house because DT couldn't be bothered to make arrangements, she got sick of taken advantage of. It also appears that she does not approve of this child being left to run around unattended, but is she the mother? Is it her responsibility to deal with the child's behavior, her problems, entertain her, give her the attention and affection she needs? That's a big order to fill. She's expected to be a mother here.

One thing there is no evidence on is WHO routinely watched these kids in a consistent manner? It seems like DT just grabbed whoever she thought would do it and hoped they would keep doing it, and that puts the responsibility off of her, doesn't it? This is what was inferred by the person who posted that SP was NOT there to babysit but they "lied" about it so LE would not suspect the truth - that there was nobody there for those kids. White lie or not, that is lying to police. Is that o-k? How far do we go with o-k here?

Someone here posted about how they were manipulated by an acquaintance who whined she needed a babysitter, who tried to get over on the poster by actually telling her that if she didn't babysit, she was putting the child at risk!!! The poster had had enough. She said "no" and the person tried to make her feel guilty but she stood her ground.

Bottom line: Dt's responsibility, not the neighbors, whoever they may be.

How can some of you live in your own world thinking everyone is capable of murder?
The friend, the boyfriend, the neighbors, the neighbor's sons, the kids from school, various and sundry relatives, anyone who happens to be named Chris, along with the ususl suspects. Turn that inward. Do you think that about your own life? Do you suspect all your own relatives, friends, kids from the neigborhood and schools are capable of murder, too? Or just hers?

If you are referring to me - I do think anyone is capable of anything depending the person's state of mind, the circumstances, stress, etc. People with mental illness are especially capable, especially schizophrenics who are tortured by voices telling them to do things they would never never do otherwise. People with compulsive tendencies. People with personality disorders, sociopathic people, people backed up against a wall and feel they have no way out. PLEASE do not respond that I am calling DT any of these things.

This does not mean I suspect anyone or everyone of murder.

I do think it about my own life. I wonder if when my kids were young, and I saw someone abusing them or hurting them, would I go after that person even if it meant killing them to make them stop? In my own case, I am certain that it is entirely probable.

How do I live in my own world? By doing the best I can, trying to be a peacemaker, looking out after the interests of others, trying to not be a problem for others, and also being vigilant in a society filled with manipulative people - the ones who live down the street and after the crime, it's on the news...the neighbors being interviewed: "Nobody would have ever suspected (him/her) - quiet person, minded their own business, etc., etc."
I turn everything inward.

Really? You suspect the sheriff. I dont'! There are lots of people I don't suspect. And for the record I am not capable of murder. Are you?

I dont suspect the sheriff. And we dont really know it was premeditated murder either, do we? I would seriously hope I am not capable of premeditated murder.. but if my mind was off because of some medical condition, like an untreated chemical imbalance, severe depression, brain tumor, etc..I have no idea what I might be capable of. These are illnesses that effect what is "normal" in anyone affected by them.

Well no, ChickP, I was not directing it at you in particular. (??) It was a commentary about this whole entire thread. The way it has been so scattershot and "making a case" against person after person who's name comes up. I don't think that is the way LE investigates. I would hope we could emulate them after a fashion. That's all.

As for what you would do if your children were in danger, as any of us would, we would defend and protect by whatever means necessary. That is a different matter than murder.

I dont suspect the sheriff. And we dont really know it was premeditated murder either, do we? I would seriously hope I am not capable of premeditated murder.. but if my mind was off because of some medical condition, like an untreated chemical imbalance, severe depression, brain tumor, etc..I have no idea what I might be capable of. These are illnesses that effect what is "normal" in anyone affected by them.

Why are you answering for Pia?

And why would you throw in a bunch of exclusionaries like brain tumor, untreated chemical imbalances, etc? I was speaking of .......nevermind.
This is just a case in point of what exasperates me about this thread.

BBL

Houndstooth....I do understand where you are coming from

I have asked a few times here what real INFO is out there...and if no info, why not released?

like....how was Somer killed?>?
and was there sexual assault or not?? without knowing that info maybe everyone in the county is a suspect and at one time or another will have their own "post" and info put up here...
to me there is just such a confusing lack of info..it makes me wonder about that??

Why are you answering for Pia?

And why would you throw in a bunch of exclusionaries like brain tumor, untreated chemical imbalances, etc? I was speaking of .......nevermind.
This is just a case in point of what exasperates me about this thread.

BBL

Sorry hounds I was addressing the question because it made me wonder if I were capable of murder. I did not intend to answer for Pia.. sorry to you too pia.

Houndstooth....I do understand where you are coming from

I have asked a few times here what real INFO is out there...and if no info, why not released?

like....how was Somer killed?>?
and was there sexual assault or not?? without knowing that info maybe everyone in the county is a suspect and at one time or another will have their own "post" and info put up here...
to me there is just such a confusing lack of info..it makes me wonder about that??

Hi Logical,
Sorry to be so testy today. Well pretty often in this case, truth be told.
Yes, there is a lot of REAL info out there. When you put it all together you can conclude for yourself the reason for certain evidence being held back.
It happens more often than not in a murder case, I would imagine.

There is enough out there to tell you everything EXCEPT the HOW. And the only people who know that are the perp, LE, S. and GOD.

Here is what what Beseler said... He knew this would happen

Herring, who has worked on other high-profile cases, said as cases drag on the potential grows for investigators and the agency to be accused of being inept or covering something up.
“Early on, you have a whole lot of public opinion in your favor,” he said. That support can disappear later.

“The public starts to get impatient,” he said.

Lets support our LE as I have faith in them

If you found all the answers you are looking for how would it help them?

How would it hurt them?

I suspect this guy. Waited on line...Was the first to give DT a hug in front of the casket.....hmmmmm....Guy interviewed on video

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=147103&catid=3

Geez..It wouldn't let me copy and paste. It was title Mourners waiting in long lines to pay last respects for Somer. After the video I posted twice, after the video it gives you additional videos to watch. Its there...So Sorry.:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth