DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: Orange Park Girl's Abduction Claim
By
Rich Jones, News Director
@ December 22, 2009 11:22 AM Permalink | Comments (0)
Over a month ago we told you about a girl's claim that someone tried to abduct her in Orange Park not far from where Somer Thompson was last seen alive.
We've been pushing for more answers and today, were told by police that the girl's claims were unfounded.

More..........HERE

WOW chick... just makes me wonder even more...

He had a good reason to be there? wth does that mean? Did he also have a good reason to be around the neighborhood when somer was killed, if he was? What is a good reason to be around a child and tell them to get in your car? Does unfounded mean she was lying? or mistaken? I had almost gotten over this... til now. KWIM?

When it comes to not providing adequate care, I don't claim to know. It certainly sounds that way. I'm totally sympathetic to the demands of life and stresses of providing for kids. I admire anyone who works rather than taking advantage of the system. I just wonder if the proper value was placed on these kids. We tend to protect what we value. But this one thing I do know. No man is more important to me than my children. The last person to be living in the home with my children is a male who proudly announces for the world to see that he's into *advertiser censored* (one thing can lead to another if you catch my drift) His friends would also be a concern as birds of a feather... Some females are going to have a guy come hell or high water and I just have never understood that. Not when there are vulnerable children who should be the priority.

Hi Eyes, I wanted to respond to your post but didn't quite know how lol, so I put my comments in red...hope it will be less confusing.

There are several people on the Somer thread who are locals or so called approved family members. Here's the problem:

When someone comes on as a family member and makes a comment - how do I know that what is being said is 'fact', 'opinion', or 'rumor'. You don't, anymore than a neighbor quoted in the paper. It's very confusing as evidenced by the many who come onto this thread and tell you just how dysfunctional it is...nobody can figure anything out. There are not enough facts to figure everything out or much of anything at this point unfortunately and it is very frustrating but that is the purpose of Websleuths (as I understand it) is people trying to come together with the facts and to try to discuss and piece together this murder. Spreading rumors and smut about a grieving mom, her deceased daughter, and her surviving children does NOT represent WS as I know it. mho
I wish LE would rule the family out, however fact is they haven't and therefore nobody can be ruled out. Should everyone including LE turn a blind eye to Mom, when many times the family is involved? I guarantee LE is sleuthing everyone close to Somer's history etc. It would be nice if people could write things with a little bit more sensistivity sometimes, but that is MOO. If you wonder if something is a rumor, everyone is free to ask for a link.

I am particularly offended by those characterizing little Somer as an unhappy, angry, lonely, friendless, and neglected 7yo. How dare anyone do this to a deceased child!!!! Some of these descriptions have been document by the press from witnesses referring to Somer's demeanor the day she disappeared. Especially since she has been portrayed by many as happy and filled with love for people, friends, puppies, and kitty cats, and all animals. This too is documented by the press by witnesses referring to Somer's overall personality. Just what gives anyone the right to portray Somer in such a pejorative way? I know - if you portray little Somer in this way - mom Diena looks neglectful and guilty, in other words, it serves your needs. mho Why does this matter so much to you? She was upset the day she disappeared...I don't recall anyone saying this was Diena's fault?

This thread is NOT just for those who are presently controlling it - it is for the scores of people who blog here at WS and those who read comments without logging on.
The scores of people reading would be no different than members reading, except guests cannot comment and they are welcome to join at anytime, unless they have been banned I assume. This blog is available to the United States and beyond - the impression you give represents all of us. mho
I have concerns from your statements that the few facts we have should be toned down to make Mom, the State of Florida or the US look good? Sorry, just not following you on this point. ETA - Sorry, what a mess & I don't know how to fix it LOL, again sorry!

What I would really like to see is that family/friends of family/law enforcement have a special avatar or at LEAST PUT IT IN YOUR SIG LINE...
PUT YOUR RELATIONSHIP OUT THERE>..then I have a better grasp of your posts...I hope this will be mandatory but until then, why not just change sig line to reflect that??
I am not pointing to any one person here...I think this should be a general courtesy
JMO of course

Maybe instead of Registered User under the avatar ... (mine now says Sugar cookie anyone?)

Somer was not killed while unsupervised at home. She was killed walking home from school. That is something I think society should protect as every child's right to do in peace. When a child is harmed doing something that should be a normal part of childhood the law should come down severely on the perpetrator and no one else. Other wise we start to cater to the lowest in society and that never works. JMO.

What I would really like to see is that family/friends of family/law enforcement have a special avatar or at LEAST PUT IT IN YOUR SIG LINE...
PUT YOUR RELATIONSHIP OUT THERE>..then I have a better grasp of your posts...I hope this will be mandatory but until then, why not just change sig line to reflect that??
I am not pointing to any one person here...I think this should be a general courtesy
JMO of course
so then, how could you know for a fact they are who they say they are? back to the same question......kwim...I could say I am LE, and I am really not.....but would you believe it just because it says so??

Ok, I understand your point but I must ask you a question just so we are on the same page with this rumor/fact thing.

If iwannano posts something about ST and says she knows it for a fact, how can you call it smut.
What is the difference in her saying that and you saying you know it is a fact that DT turned down childcare?
What is the difference?

I think to save Somer's Thread we need to send Tricia emails asking to go back to the old way. This Rumor thing isn't working out from what I can see from reading all the posts.

Everything should be as Fact with links like the old way and it would stop a lot of this hate on Somer's thread ..

This thread is For Somer to try to help find her killer. It might be a very very slim chance to be done but It has been done in the past..

I have thought so many times .... What if Somer could read this thread of hers ..

Would she be proud of us ?
would she agree her mommy was in the wrong?
Would she agree her family let her down?
Would this make her happy ?
Are they really trying to find my killer?
Are they really thinking of my best interest?

All my answer's were NO.....

I could see one very sad unhappy little Sweet Girl if she knew what was being said of her mommy and herself..

who doesn't get angry ? why harp on Somer? Who hasn't walked away from someone who makes them angry ? Isn't that what you are suppose to do? Instead of standing and getting really out of control.....

I don't get it about picking apart a 7 yr olds actions .. They are 7 not 17.... 7 yr olds are still selfish spoiled opinionated litte angels just like they were at 4 or 5.. not much growth to 7 yrs.

Momma, I respect your posts...and yes I agree that Somer may not be happy with the things that are discussed here....Somer was 7, like you said. At 7, you do not understand what adults are discussing, such as what is discussed here, so I agree she would not be happy.....but as far as all of the questioned you posted...in my heart of hearts....if Somer were an adult and knew the reason we are discussing such...my answer to all of them would be YES....again this is MO....and I do value yours. I hope I said what I was trying to say...sometimes that is hard for me to do....kwim?

I commented: When someone comes on as a family member and makes a comment - how do I know that what is being said is 'fact', 'opinion', or 'rumor'. It's very confusing as evidenced by the many who come onto this thread and tell you just how dysfunctional it is...nobody can figure anything out. Spreading rumors and smut about a grieving mom, her deceased daughter, and her surviving children does NOT represent WS as I know it.

When family/locals/ come on the Somer thread spewing information, hateful or not, I want to know if it's fact, rumor, or opinion...what is your problem with that? We shouldn't have to sit back and guess!!!! this isn't a chat forem - it is a crime blog. mho

In reference to you saying you want 'proof' that mom Diena is grieving - I have to ask: What kind of proof? What would satisfy this ridiculous request for you? TIA

Your are the one asking for people to state if it's fact, rumor, or opinion
Then you say she is a griving Mom which is a opinion and not a fact

How can you say that it is ridiculous request to prove

I am willing to document my options on why I find her less the genuine and not a grieving mother

DT copied what other people said .. Here are a few examples

10/20 Sam "your not in trouble" http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video...23350#/Somer+Thompson's+Dad+Talks/49317737001
Sam "

10/20 DT Mom" she doesn't know a stranger" http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=49313249001

10/ 20 Reporter says "bad apple" http://www.news4jax.com/video/21355067/

10/21 Grandparents thank supports http://www.wftv.com/video/21393008/

There are many others things she copied other then besides these
But I don’t want to search the links all day
But Sam is the one who said first he did not care what happens to the people/person who took his daughter.. He just wants her back
The sheriff said "were coming to get you" before DT said it

Next I would point out the some actions or non verbal

Sheriff calling DT vs going to home to tell her about body found

DT Saying "I'll miss" her vs I miss her

Changing Somer's room so it will not be a reminder

Throwing up upon returning from drive to the school

Being at a fund raiser on the 2 month anniversary of her missing

I think to save Somer's Thread we need to send Tricia emails asking to go back to the old way. This Rumor thing isn't working out from what I can see from reading all the posts.

Everything should be as Fact with links like the old way and it would stop a lot of this hate on Somer's thread ..

This thread is For Somer to try to help find her killer. It might be a very very slim chance to be done but It has been done in the past..

I have thought so many times .... What if Somer could read this thread of hers ..

I could see one very sad unhappy little Sweet Girl if she knew what was being said of her mommy and herself..

who doesn't get angry ? why harp on Somer? Who hasn't walked away from someone who makes them angry ? Isn't that what you are suppose to do? Instead of standing and getting really out of control.....

I don't get it about picking apart a 7 yr olds actions .. They are 7 not 17.... 7 yr olds are still selfish spoiled opinionated litte angels just like they were at 4 or 5.. not much growth to 7 yrs.

I hear you MommaD, however sometimes as people are skimming through posts, they seem to sometimes miss the all important IMO or a "?" mark and nothing can prevent that, except for the person asking for clarification. If they think something is being stated as a fact they are not aware of, they simply need to ask for a link and many times people have said "you missed the "I think" part "MO" that sort of thing. IMO this has happened more times than actual rumors. Although, we all will never agree on everything I enjoy reading everyone's different opinions, family & locals certainly included. Everyone has an opinion LOL!

As far as analyzing Somer's demeanor that day, from statements from her siblings and friends she was upset that day. I can see the relevance in trying to get inside her head to try and see where she would go, if she "really" made that positive statement to Kyle? I don't see it at all as demeaning to Somer in anyway.

I have spent I great deal of time to researching my opinions as well as have others on here
I have also documented or linked most all of them for you
However there is one more fact that I found and have not shared except with the two I trust completely and they know who they are
This one overlooked fact leads me to my final conclusion
I want LE to find justice for Somer more then I need to prove my point
And I feel posting it would prove my point, but at the same time would cause more harm then good until they make an arrest

I have read that Kyle, a worker at the Gano House, was the last person to see ST alive. But, it seems that CS's daughter saw ST at the junction of Gano and Grove Park Drive, a ways past the Gano House. So, isn't CS's child the last person to see ST alive ? I noticed from several articles that 50 - 70 kids would be walking along Gano, going home after school, and that ST walked among the other children that day. I will SPECULATE that there was some kind of confrontation invlolving ST and another child,or children, and things got horribly out of hand. Could have happened in the home of a child or children who also didn't have an adult present when they came home from school Just a thought ...

I have read that Kyle, a worker at the Gano House, was the last person to see ST alive. But, it seems that CS's daughter saw ST at the junction of Gano and Grove Park Drive, a ways past the Gano House. So, isn't CS's child the last person to see ST alive ? I noticed from several articles that 50 - 70 kids would be walking along Gano, going home after school, and that ST walked among the other children that day. I will SPECULATE that there was some kind of confrontation invlolving ST and another child,or children, and things got horribly out of hand. Could have happened in the home of a child or children who also didn't have an adult present when they came home from school Just a thought ...
Liz, the junction of Gano and Grove Park Dr, is just one house away from the burnt home on Gano....one house past it...this is where the second crossing guard stands..

I was just looking back at the MS page of the high school guys that live between the burnt home and Grove Park Dr.....the one I found says last login 2007....the one that I have seen before is gone.....also the FB acct is now set to private....maybe I am not searching correctly?

In this pic, I am sitting directly in front of the burnt home, you can see the corner of Gano and Grove park from here...the drivers side of my car is facing the burnt home, the camera is pointing to the corner intersection...
102_1658-1.jpg

In this pic, I am sitting directly in front of the burnt home, you can see the corner of Gano and Grove park from here...the drivers side of my car is facing the burnt home, the camera is pointing to the corner intersection...
102_1658-1.jpg

Thank you and all I can say is WOW! IIRC you personally talked to this crossing guard and this person indicated he/she did not recall seeing Somer cross is this correct?

Thank you and all I can say is WOW! IIRC you personally talked to this crossing guard and this person indicated he/she did not recall seeing Somer cross is this correct?
My son, who was with me, went to talk to the crossing guard, and this is what the crossing guard told my son....so yes, this is correct....his exact words to my son were "Somer never made it this far"...

Camcneishg,
Thanks for the pic; it is very helpful. My point was that CS's child actually saw ST at the corner of Gano and Grove Park. She had walked past the Gano House, going down Gano. So, "Kyle" was not the last person to see her alive. Also, although the sidewalk is empty in your pic, it's likely that it was fairly crowded with kids on that afternoon. In my humble opinion, the key is that she was among kids on that walk along Gano,from the time she got out of school to the time when she vanished.

Also, the crossing guard was originally quoted as saying that he didn't recall seeing ST that afternoon. But, that is not the same as saying "Somer didn't make it this far " . Two very different propostions, kwim ?

Also, the crossing guard was originally quoted as saying that he didn't recall seeing ST that afternoon. But, that is not the same as saying "Somer didn't make it this far " . Two very different propostions, kwim ?
all I know is what was told to us....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member