FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In researching interview and investigation techniques, I came across this information from a good site. This raises questions again in my mind about SP, the MPR statements, and etc. It is crucial who reported what to whom, and why. MOO take it or leave it.

When a subject's response includes communication with others, whether it be telephonic, personal, an electronic message, or written communication, a door has been opened for further insight to the subject's possible guilt, or innocence in the crime. Too often, however, an investigator will simply note that the communication took place and perhaps the time of the communication but not pursue its contents. At a minimum, the subject should be asked who the communication was with, and what was said. In a recent consultation involving a possibly fabricated crime, the husband, who discovered the crime, called his wife before reporting it to the police. Unfortunately, the investigator did not pursue this conversation. Obvious interview questions would have been, "What did you tell your wife?"; "What was her reaction?" "How long did the conversation last" and, "Why did you call your wife before the police?".
As a final example of the importance of pursuing conversations, consider the common situation in which an individual, who becomes a suspect, is close to the crime ( a victim, the person who reported the crime, an individual who was initially questioned at the scene). When that person returns home he has a choice of either sharing his experience with family members and friends or keeping it a secret. When this subject is subsequently interviewed, the investigator should ask, "Who did you tell about (incident)?" Considering that it is human nature to share emotional events with loved ones, it is very suspicious if the subject states that he told no one about the incident. It is rare for us to interview an innocent person who has not shared the crime experience with a loved one. Keeping the crime a secret is much more often observed from the guilty subject, usually accompanied by some excuse, "I didn't want to upset my wife", "My parents are real busy and I didn't want to bother them with this", "I figured this is my problem and I should handle it on my own."

NSC, I have been over yonder. It makes you wonder re drugs and its possible involvement directly or indirectly.

Morning Yall -- sorry havent been posting -- we been DIGGING hard and some things are starting to come together. I do not think DT did to somer directly.

However, I think we need to look REAL hard at drug connections. Also at KC house as well -- some connections out there with the people we have all sleuthed.

Have you seen all the meth labs that have been busted???

BBM

Right now, I am drawing a blank on KC; who IS that?

Morning Yall -- sorry havent been posting -- we been DIGGING hard and some things are starting to come together. I do not think DT did to somer directly.
However, I think we need to look REAL hard at drug connections. Also at KC house as well -- some connections out there with the people we have all sleuthed.

Agree. DT does not seem to me to be a person who would hurt any child. Who are we looking at for drugs? Are you talking about crime of retribution? Or that Somer would tell? What drug connections are you referring to?

Linegal, welcome to the forum. I hope you keep on here and post, too. You will find a lot of good people who don't say much but hit the "thanks" button, and every new insight and little piece of information is another star in Somer's crown, IMO.

hmm I do not know who the home of KC is . It is said that DT was in Rehab, is this fact or rumor? TIA

I keep seeing these initials, KC, and never have been able to tell who that is. Must be a juvenile or someone not named in news reports. Can you at least give us a clue, NSC? If it is not a juvenile and is someone named in the media or on the MPR, I think you can post the name, but I am not sure. Check with mod.

hmm I do not know who the home of KC is . It is said that DT was in Rehab, is this fact or rumor? TIA

That information has been bandied about back and forth throughout the whole Somer investigation. If I recall correctly, it was discussed in the context of child custody issues earlier on. I believe it was classified here as a rumor, due to a lack of documentation which, if posted, may or may not substantiate it for this forum.

If there was drug involvement, then the good new is that detectives working drug scene may come across a link to the murder. Just one more link. All it takes is one good link.

I keep seeing these initials, KC, and never have been able to tell who that is. Must be a juvenile or someone not named in news reports. Can you at least give us a clue, NSC? If it is not a juvenile and is someone named in the media or on the MPR, I think you can post the name, but I am not sure. Check with mod.

Look on a search site such as Pipl or USA Search or someting. don't remember which one. It will give you the names of neighbors. Ths particular initials are not of someone that can be named here on WS.

By the way, I searched as much as I could to find the source of the Gano house fire. I couldn't find anything in the paper.

In our hometown papers, fires are always listed as a news article. I wouldn't think OP is that big that a fire wouldn't be newsworthy, but apparently not or I don't know where to look.

I wondered if the Gano house was a meth lab?

Check the neighbor kid on gano, kc. His girlfriend has connections to sheriff. Then from there connection at at dad who ran for clay sheriff. With friends connected to babysitter whom believes to be living on miller. Friends and possible neighbor with kid who brother is in jail for cocaine. These friends are skatera there is dirt rd path from fromhart by skate park directly over to miller at by babysitter.

Take a look at this article too - it is a cluster of a mess trying to wade through this but it might be a cousin of SP who also would have another cousin who is currently in jail for running Cocaine out of Pinellas county -- but this guy is now in Columbia, SC -- When you dig hard there are family names connected. And alias..

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-03-05/story/couple_charged_with_pot_grow

We can't be blamed for our relatives, but this is definitely hinky. I recognize HER name from somewhere on this board, as well. Anybody know anything about them?

What is the deal with a yellow car? I found a yellow car possible connection to neighbor kid. Friend of brother.

I also feel that I have seen the name someone's MS or FB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csiapril77