FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue, as I have stated, is the child's murder and her vulnerability to being a victim. Her parent bearing first responsibility for her protection and well-being. Not about how the mother is suffering. After the fact.

Respectfully:

Either there is daycare at free/reduced rate or there is not. Waiting list or not. Two options were declined. Somer was 6 years old when that happened. It is one year later. Choices are choices, it's all about context.

I do not feel better blaming anyone. I am outraged and very angry. I have never said DT killed her child. If you want "evidence" there is none, but you can go to statistics and likelihoods and LE and FBI or anywhere you like, to see that a common cause of child homicide is unstable home environment and lack of parental supervision. Posters: argue with me all you want. It's there in the statistics. NOBODY EVER POSTS ABOUT THOSE STATISTICS.

What, in your opinion, constitutes vulnerability? That is the issue here. The fact that Somer was, at ages 6 and 7, still a baby in some ways, and extremely vulnerable. We are NOT talking about the issue of the three children walking home unattended. SHE RAN AWAY ALL OF THE TIME AND DT LIED ON NATIONAL TV AND SAID SHE NEVER DID IT BEFORE. Please will you explain why she would say that? The only reason I can think of was to make herself not look guilty, and if you are not guilty, you have nothing to hide or defend.

Like I said, my statement about blame was not directed at you, just a general opinion. As for the stats, I've looked at many. I see just as many stats that indicate hundreds of thousands of children will be left unattended for whatever reason in a given year, and for the majority, nothing will ever happen to them. I would expect that statistics would show us that in most child homicides, the child was unattended at some point. I just don't agree with the conclusion that this means a child should never be left unattended or that DT was negligent in doing so.

The issue, as I have stated, is the child's murder and her vulnerability to being a victim. Her parent bearing first responsibility for her protection and well-being. Not about how the mother is suffering. After the fact.

She has two parents. But nobody is blaming the father. I don't think they should, anymore than they should blame DT.

Then apparently everyone who stated it and included her regular places of running (water, tree houses, neighbors) lied. She only ran off ONCE, on October 19, and the sheriff is a liar, too, for saying she had a slight history of running. The only one who really told the truth is DT. She said it right on TV and we should just take what she says is true, proven or not.

BTW as a professional singer I can tell you that it is impossible to sing when a person is crying. So figure that one out, and get back to me. Here are some links: Amazing Grace, You Are My Sunshine (words to second verse changed to fit the situation).

When a person is truly emotionally distraught, that person is not able to make carefully-worded statements speaking to specific subjects and then lapse into sobbing. Either a person is crying/sobbing or they are not. One cannot turn it on and off. Well, some people can. I am sure we have all met them.

Fortunately, LE is aware of these verbal and non-verbal cues so further discussion is not necessary.

What does singing and crying have to do with anything?I will have to consider the sources.Who are these people saying these things?People need to start backing what they say up with fact.I see no facts.A slight history is not all the time.Any way,does any one have a picture of the back of the house on Gano.

She has two parents. But nobody is blaming the father. I don't think they should, anymore than they should blame DT.

I am not sure nobody is blaming the father, but the bottom line is he was out of their lives (for whatever reason) for approx. two years and DT was in charge of making the choices and decisions of the children daily lives. In that context she is ultimately responsible as they were solely her decisions.

If dogs - God Bless Them - can search through burning rubble for 911 victims when everything is absolutely destroyed beyond comprehension, it makes sense that they would find a little child, having sniffed things like her blanket or clothing from her room, or evidence of her in any one of those areas she went. Wherever they lost the scent is where she was grabbed. Simple.

The dogs used in 911 were cadaver dogs which are a totally different kind of dog then the ones used to try & locate Somer. These dogs can still trail a scent from where she was grabbed & if she went into a vehicle for instance and trail a car. Rain & wind hampers these dogs, I don't believe it was raining that day, but I have no idea of the wind conditions. Sometimes the scent can last for days & I wonder if the dogs may have been confused with her regular route and/or if she turned off. If the burnt house was the last place they smelled her, perhaps she did die there? If the scent was the middle of the street...I would assume she was taken by a vehicle, but again why didn't the dogs trail that? Do we know if cadaver dogs were brought into the burnt house? It doesn't take very long for a cadaver dog to be able to pick-up that scent as long a her body was resting on an object (still at the house of course) for at least 20 mins. These are the reasons I am confused.

Ok.I found a picture of the house on Gano.Are there any more?

10801.jpg

Did they have different crew members there renovating the house on Gano from different companies.

10801.jpg

This is one of the best reasons to have a sub-forum, we would all know exactly where the pictures & research articles are posted & it saves everyone a whole of time & effort, going back through 35 threads.

10801.jpg

I would like to see it too, would you kindly post it?

Regarding other contractors, this company appears very small from their website so I doubt they would have plumbers, electricians on staff. We know the house was roof tight with doors & windows. The house would be locked after everyone is gone. It has been my experience in building about 10 houses a key is hidden or a number of keys are given to the head contractor for these sub-trades to come & go. An example would be the dry-waller has to crack-fill over seams a number of times and many times they will work after hours, painting as well. I don't know inside what stage they were at though.

So Kyle said she walked to the back of the house on Gano?I've always thought the attack on Somer happened at the Gano house.what vehicles were there that day?company vehicles?I'm thinking maybe Somer was found in something that was from the dumpster or house from the house on Gano.If a car,van was used why put Somer in that area and not dump Somer further away.Did we ever find out which dumpster she was found in.was she put in a dumpster near an apt building or a contruction company.Where was Somer put?I would still like to see a picture of the back of the house on Gano.

I am very familar with daycare/afterschool programs in the area, and assistance available. I have lived in this area ten years. I know several parents who receive this assistance. I know people who are receiving this assistance who are paying around $150 a week/over $500 a month for afterschool care for their children. Do I think it is worth it? Absolutely. But not everyone has this financial ability. $500 a month is a significant expense, and not as easy as cutting back on lunches out, etc. You say you would assume the care was available if it was stated it was at a free or reduced rate, but that wasn't stated. What the article stated was that the school was "trying" to make it available. I know that there are typically long wait lists for this assistance in the area, and that is why I have questioned if it was actually available, since everyone seems to be jumping on DT for not taking advantage of it.

I'm not here to support DT. I am here because I want the person(s) responsible for her murder brought to justice. If there is some evidence that DT was involved, by all means I want to know it. I've said from the start that I have formed the opinion that DT probably wasn't involved, but am open to changing that if some new evidence is put out there. IMO (and I'm not directing this at you, but in general) people make themselves feel better when something like this happens by justifying all the ways it would never happen to them because they are a "better" parent. Stats tell us that abductions are an extremely rare occurence (about 115 per year in country), and that perps prey on vulnerability, whether that is a child walking home from school, to a friend's home, a park, or any other activity that a child this age routinely does. The Sheriff himself said that a child had not been missing this long in this area in 20+ years. IMO, that indicates a pretty low risk to allow a child to walk home. Since Somer disappeared, I've seen people blame DT, LE, the school district, and DCF. Nobody could have predicted this.

WOW, I paid just $90 dollars a month for having three kid's in there at the same time. that was for before and after school care and i have been in jacksonville all my life. did your friend's kid's go to a private school? sorry but i forgot to mention that was without any assistance or help from anyone, that was the going rate at most of the school's in my area.

I would like to see it too, would you kindly post it?

Regarding other contractors, this company appears very small from their website so I doubt they would have plumbers, electricians on staff. We know the house was roof tight with doors & windows. The house would be locked after everyone is gone. It has been my experience in building about 10 houses a key is hidden or a number of keys are given to the head contractor for these sub-trades to come & go. An example would be the dry-waller has to crack-fill over seams a number of times and many times they will work after hours, painting as well. I don't know inside what stage they were at though.

Are we allowed to say where this company was and how far it was away from the house on Gano.Maybe she was found in that dumpster?

It was agreed she would not have to go to daycare if it caused a financial burden.We have not heard Somer ran off all the time.That is not a fact.

Somer did run off as was documented by Chicken Pants. Believe it or not.

At any rate, let us learn from this. Children need after school care. They do stupid things because why? Because they are children.

I wonder who watched the children all summer?

From the report , it was said that the older boy walked with the children. How can that be when he got out of school much later?

So Kyle said she walked to the back of the house on Gano?I've always thought the attack on Somer happened at the Gano house.what vehicles were there that day?company vehicles?I'm thinking maybe Somer was found in something that was from the dumpster or house from the house on Gano.If a car,van was used why put Somer in that area and not dump Somer further away.Did we ever find out which dumpster she was found in.was she put in a dumpster near an apt building or a contruction company.Where was Somer put?I would still like to see a picture of the back of the house on Gano.

II have never seen pictures of the back of Gano house

At any rate, let us learn from this. Children need after school care. They do stupid things because why? Because they are children.

From the report , it was said that the older boy walked with the children. How can that be when he got out of school much later?

I feel very strongly they need the bus system.

Is he in High school?High school lets out earlier.I believe middle school does too.

AC atteneded the Jr. High School which is located on Gano, just on the other side of Debarry....schools back left corner butts up to DT's work....they get out of school at approx 3:40...I will go check on the correct time....but I know there is an hours diff between Somer and AC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmasReal~