FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well,this makes me very sad this happened to Somer.Rest in peace pretty little Somer.Justice will be served.

Do you remember what her momma said? We will find you, and you will pay. Well, I hope she has some comfort tonight, because that's hopefully exactly what happened.

Someone posted earlier in the thread that Mr. Harrell worked for Queens City Recycling.

From a news4jax look back at Somer investigation, published/broadcast Feb. 4, 2010 -

Beseler hasn't talked to the media about the investigation. A spokesperson said that's because FBI profilers have told them the killer is watching the news, and anything anyone says could give Somer's killer a clue about what investigators are doing and what they know.

..... What about the Dumpster where the sheriff said Somer's body was abandoned. Where was it?

Fifteen different companies that pick up waste in Clay County, said they were contacted by detectives asking for the same two things -- the names and contact information for their drivers and the routes their trucks took on one specific day -- Tuesday -- the day after Somer disappeared.

... The Rosemary Hill Transfer Station north of Green Cove Springs is where the Dumpster containing Somer's body would have been emptied and then eventually placed in an 18-wheeler driven to the Chesser Landfill in Folkston, Ga. where she was discovered.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/22469427/detail.html

So, has anybody dug up info re: Queen's City Recycling? [Have no idea where that might be, unless Queens, NYC, but that sounds unlikely.]

news4jax 10 p.m. broadcast is about to start.

You are so awesome with maps.
When I looked at the street view of this house, it looked like there was a fence next to it enclosing that drainage ditch that was talked about so much as being Somer's shortcut. Is there any way to repost that drainage ditch map putting in this new location?

Bringing my own post forward, I found the original posting of the map on Thread 7 (page 10, posting #246) was done by Shutterbug who also does an amazing job on maps. I tried to copy the map over but it wouldn't paste.

If Somer did use this drainage system as a short cut and this fence is next to the suspect house, she may have went around the fence into the suspect yard to gain access and was caught there.

Sorry to say, way too many (ICMEC - International Centre for Missing & Exploited Children). Check them out. icmec.org. This encourages child trafficking and makes it difficult, if not impossible to control. One report is that out of 184 nations, almost 1/2 either report that child *advertiser censored* is either legal or there are no laws criminalizing it.
I've been trying to understand child trafficking since my heart breaks when you hear about Shaniya or Sommer ... so I am just sharing with you what I learn about but don't understand. Not that I think it is acceptable but the contrary.

ICMEC encourages child trafficking? [Sorry waiting on news to start, so I haven't viewed the site.]

Why on earth would anybody leave their computer behind - especially with stuff like this on it? I mean prices have gone down, but not that much!

[sorry, I realize someone as whacked out as a child *advertiser censored* fan would not think similar to us, but now really!]

Sometimes these perps are so out of control and they know it, and on some level they want to be caught. They just don't have the balls to front up to LE and admit their crimes themselves.

Second possibility is that he saw child *advertiser censored* as such a normal thing (he had seen so much of it, and rationalised it), that he didn't care that it could be seen by others.

Either way, this is a perfect example of why people who are caught with CP on their PC's need harsher punishments.
To me it makes no difference if they made the images themselves or saved a file sent to them. they are still playing a huge part in the victimisation of children.
keeping my fingers crossed that this is the right one and justice will finally be served not just for Somer and her family, but the other children he violated by viewing those images.
JMO

news4jax coverage:

What we're learning about J Harrell -

JARRED HARRELL

Searched 2 prior residences, one in Clay Co, one in Callahan.

Still steady processing scene and gathering evidence from Gano Ave home.

Arrest warrant issued yesterday for incidents that occurred 3 months before Somer's murder.

Lg qty of child erotica and *advertiser censored*.
24 *advertiser censored* images, 5 movies. [now saying kids were 10-12 yrs old]

Found in Wells Rd apt. Sometime between then and October, Harrell moved into Gano Ave. home.

Lived in Rolling River Blvd in Jax. Moved a LOT. Also lived in Callahan and Meridian.

Vehicle has also been processed.

CCSO and FDLE are searching a home in Callahan in Nassau County, fl.

Harrell in ONLY a POI, not charged.

Task force for child *advertiser censored* includes CCSO and JSO.

Warrant was issued yesterday by CC judge.

Don't know if Harrell knew Somer at all. Investigators are not saying.

Any arrests in CC for Harrell? 4 traffic infractions only.

Scott Johnson is talking about several peeps who worked w/Jarred Harrell.

MS said he was a little "off" - detached, etc.

2nd co-worker - reporter just tells what she told him. [no vid, no name] much more upbeat opinion of him.

Jarrod Harrell lived in that 2nd Gano home.

[BravoFemale looks like one of the peeps from last night's vigil, imo.]

There has been a lot of chatter lately on different forums about a guy that lived in an apartment on Wells committed the crime. But a lot of that chatter was that it was a LE officer that lived on Wells that killed Somer.

I don't know exactly where those comments were, but if you look earlier in this thread, you will see where they were discussed.

Laura Mazzeo showing flowers and candles community continue to leave in memory of Somer.

Amy B - on camera - very nice lady, seems like.
Monica L - close friend of Thompson's - said she got flood of emotions when she heard the news.

DThompson's b/f said they have NEVER seen this man before & certain Somer had not either.

CCSO detective still staying to protect the family from public [aka webweirdos].

Meridian is 9 hr drive from Jax. JBauer is en route. Local LE say JH will go before a judge [in MS, I guess] tomorrow a.m. Jen is determined to find out EVERYTHING she can about Harrell.

Reading some comments from news4jax website. [Not the person who supposed tipped off police - whose timeline doesn't seem to match.]

Go to news4jax.com for docs, related stories, vids.

Lots of other stuff will be presented on their morning broadcasts which start at 5:30 a.m.

I don't know exactly where those comments were, but if you look earlier in this thread, you will see where they were discussed.

Tonight I went from absolute joy in finding that this monster was arrested to absolute disgust. I am so disgusted that this man was free to kill this lovely trusting child. She may have just loved that white dog for all I know.
Reading about a possible sword involved in the killing just makes me so sick.
I'm happy for justice but the price is pretty big. We will be finding out the cod and this man is 250 pounds and 6'4". Poor Somer didn't have a chance.

ICMEC encourages child trafficking? [Sorry waiting on news to start, so I haven't viewed the site.]

Child *advertiser censored* does ...
They are the leading international organization fighting it
They aren't winning the war

There has been a lot of chatter lately on different forums about a guy that lived in an apartment on Wells committed the crime. But a lot of that chatter was that it was a LE officer that lived on Wells that killed Somer.

Looks like they are bringing a lot of potential evidence out of this empty house. Let's keep our fingers crossed that this doesn't take as long to process as the other evidence did!

Child *advertiser censored* does ...
They are the leading international organization fighting it
They aren't winning the war

Thank for clarifying that for me. I misread and thought the post said ICMEC promoted child *advertiser censored* and child trafficking. thx & sorry for my confusion

How does the renovated house on Gano fit in?What evidence was found there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills