FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The man named a person of interest in the Somer Thompson murder, Jarred Harrell, had his computer searched by police two months prior to her death, according to First Coast News.

Harrell’s roommates found child *advertiser censored* on his computer and turned it over to the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office on Aug. 10, 2009. The sheriff’s office determined the case was not in their jurisdiction, so the computer was turned over to the Clay County Sheriff’s Office on Aug. 13.

The computer did not arrive at the State Attorney General’s cyber crime unit until Sept. 25.

First Coast reports that forensic testing on the computer did not begin until Oct. 9, after an official search warrant had been obtained.

Somer disappeared on Oct. 19 while walking home from school. Her lifeless body was found three days later in a Georgia landfill.

On Nov. 10, testing on Harrell’s computer was complete, but by this time, Somer had been dead for almost a month. On Nov. 12, an official report indicating child *advertiser censored* was found on Harrell’s computer was sent to the sheriff’s office in Clay County, according to First Coast.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/special/somer/news-article.aspx?storyid=151953&catid=338

My gut and my head both tell me they got the guy that did this.

I agree! And they are looking for a murder one charge, so the case against him has to be just about perfect. That takes awhile.

It now makes sense of why LE was sitting in the park for several weeks before Somer was taken. The POI could maybe see that park from his window.

Somer could have already been in the house, even though the Police were sitting there. The thought of that breaks my heart for everyone.

You think he was under surveilance before Somer was taken? I was thinking during the last month or so.

The arrest warrant on that link is different from the one I saw last night. Different dates and signatures. Hmmm...

Can you please post a link to the arrest warrant you saw that was different?

TIA!

Maybe there was dog poop on Somer and they were raking the yard for samples? As well as dirt and leaves..(sounds gross, but...)

I keep thinking about the *rumored* puppy.

puppy hair. in yard. & on somer?

(I hope they have more than that to match, of course. And, so far I've only seen one neighbor discuss the puppy at that address...and who knows if that's accurate.)

But, yeah, it makes you wonder what's so unique or what it is that might be raked/dug out of the yard that they'd do that for...

Could they have been looking for dog poop to match to the guy's white dog? If he were out with his dog and it pooped in the area where Somer was and he lured her away.
Oops, sorry. I didn't see the post above mine til I posted this, but will add it anyway.

I think there is a very strong possibility the man at the vigil is the POI.
The hair is a bit longer in the vigil but they BOTH have the same 5 o'clock shadow.

JMO

Then another stepfather (RW) says he found child *advertiser censored* in the POI's possession when he was a teenager. And thought it was a "phase"? Asked the POI's mother if the POI had a problem and she said 'no'?!? And RW put the CD back in the box? :furious:

And the authorities had possession of child *advertiser censored* from the POI as early as August.

???????????????????????

TWISTED.

Guys, in the video, look at the guy on the right the black tee shirt with facial hair at 1:23 It looks like JH to me ?????:waitasec:

Sorry, I don't know how to do a screen shot.
33kztxy.jpg

k1q2yf.jpg

The man named a person of interest in the Somer Thompson murder, Jarred Harrell, had his computer searched by police two months prior to her death, according to First Coast News.

Harrell’s roommates found child *advertiser censored* on his computer and turned it over to the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office on Aug. 10, 2009. The sheriff’s office determined the case was not in their jurisdiction, so the computer was turned over to the Clay County Sheriff’s Office on Aug. 13.

The computer did not arrive at the State Attorney General’s cyber crime unit until Sept. 25.

First Coast reports that forensic testing on the computer did not begin until Oct. 9, after an official search warrant had been obtained.

Somer disappeared on Oct. 19 while walking home from school. Her lifeless body was found three days later in a Georgia landfill.

On Nov. 10, testing on Harrell’s computer was complete, but by this time, Somer had been dead for almost a month. On Nov. 12, an official report indicating child *advertiser censored* was found on Harrell’s computer was sent to the sheriff’s office in Clay County, according to First Coast.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/special/somer/news-article.aspx?storyid=151953&catid=338

Maybe I'm seeing things, again, but the arrest warrant says the Sheriff's department examined the computer first when it was received August 10th, then the computer was turned over to the cyber crimes unit of the state attorney's office within two days.

I see that some news reports say that the SA didn't have jurisdiction and turned it over back to the sheriff's department.

Regardless, what REALLY shocks me is the time it took to get it processed.

Even if they had to confirm that the files were really from Jared and not from his ex-roommates, they had to be concerned for who the children in the photos are, and whether they are currently in danger.

Took them six months to get a warrant?????

I'm wondering what took so long too.

We have heard the contents of that computer was shocking to say the least.

IMO when a computer comes in with those types of images, it would be taken very seriously and processed ASAP.

Or, at least find the minimal it would take to take action, take the action, and then go over it with a fine tooth comb.

IMO this is just another example of how our children are not very valued.

You think he was under surveilance before Somer was taken? I was thinking during the last month or so.

That's what I was thinking too.But why did they wait this long to do a search warrant on his houses he was at.

Not sure if this has been posted yet.

CALLAHAN, Fla. -- A home in Callahan was searched in connection with the Somer Thompson case. It's unclear who lives in the home, but First Coast News has learned it's one of Jarred Harrell's relatives, though police have not confirmed that.

Police were at the home for hours on Thursday, according to neighbors. Neighbors said the home was searched by the FBI and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement in connection to the Somer Thompson case, and newly-named person of interest Harrell.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=151952&catid=3

I can go back and look, but does anybody know offhand what town the dump Somer was found is?

Could they have been looking for dog poop to match to the guy's white dog? If he were out with his dog and it pooped in the area where Somer was and he lured her away.
Oops, sorry. I didn't see the post above mine til I posted this, but will add it anyway.

The lady who lived across the street said he spooked her out and was the reason she and her sister put their house up for sale. She said he came out to SMOKE and clean his car when school was let out.

Could they have been looking for cigarettes butts for DNA?

(I haven't had time to catch up on all posts since last night. Sorry if this has been suggested already.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia