FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that many of you have worked hard on Somer's case, but I want to publicly acknowledge Noway's fabulous work. Thank you, Noway!

I think we should rename Noway.....

Yesway :blowkiss:

We love you No no....and we would be LOST without you sometimes!!!! You and your siggy links :dance:

I second that and make a motion she be a mini mod:woohoo::woohoo:

Yes, but what would she do with all the incredibly large paychecks that mini-mods get? She couldn't spend it fast enough and that would frustrate her. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Hoppy

Can you file a wrongful death lawsuit against the Sheriff's office for this sort of thing in Florida? I imagine it would be tough to win but who knows what evidence of negligence would be unearthed in discovery.

I understand what the Sheriff's office has said about the difficulty in proving a specific person is responsible for child *advertiser censored* on a computer. But if Harrell had been arrested anytime between the time the computer was turned over to the Sheriff's office in August and October 18th then Somer would still be alive, provided he is the perp.

Yes, but what would she do with all the incredibly large paychecks that mini-mods get? She couldn't spend it fast enough and that would frustrate her. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Hoppy

Oh that's right, I have heard mods grumbling about that problem.:waitasec:

Thank you all. Those are very sweet comments.

Now ... Back to Somer Thompson

P.S. I'd use that huge salary to create Sleuth View. Because Street View aggravates me. ;) As does being linkless.

Can you file a wrongful death lawsuit against the Sheriff's office for this sort of thing in Florida? I imagine it would be tough to win but who knows what evidence of negligence would be unearthed in discovery.

I understand what the Sheriff's office has said about the difficulty in proving a specific person is responsible for child *advertiser censored* on a computer. But if Harrell had been arrested anytime between the time the computer was turned over to the Sheriff's office in August and October 18th then Somer would still be alive, provided he is the perp.

I hope they can file a wrongful death lawsuit. I mean the roomates notified LE that they saw his car parked on GANO...And they did nothing??? Makes me crazy.

I hope they can file a wrongful death lawsuit. I mean the roomates notified LE that they saw his car parked on GANO...And they did nothing??? Makes me crazy.

I think they reported that after Somer went missing.

Justino refused to say.

But he is ACCUSED of a FELONY.

They can get DNA. Thanks to Charlie Crist and a law I knew nothing about.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/politic...cle1010752.ece

TALLAHASSEE — Under a new law signed by Gov. Charlie Crist on Tuesday, the DNA of any person accused of a felony will be added to a state database.

Florida is the 20th state to require police to take a DNA sample, such as a mouth swab, of everyone charged with a felony. The state will hold on to that sample, even if the felony charge is dismissed. Previously, authorities could take a DNA sample only after conviction of a felony or specified misdemeanors.

"This is common sense and the right thing to do," Crist said at a bill signing ceremony at which he was accompanied by dozens of uniformed state troopers.

Even if dismissed? I have a problem with that. Big time.

Even if dismissed? I have a problem with that. Big time.

I do too. It will end up going to the supreme court and might get thrown out. I hope they are careful using the law until they know if it is lawful. Hate to see cases get thrown out for using the law.

It's reported they continued his $1 million bond (from the previous charges) ... why wasn't this revoked altogether if the one charge has no bond? Or does that mean he can't be released on bond because of that one charge, even if he manages to come up with the money for the other charges? That seems like it would be the most logical explanation, but I am a bit confused as to how this works.

http://download.gannett.edgesuite.net/wtlv/docs/022410_harrell_charges.pdf

He was arrested and rebooked at the jail on a warrant issued today.

I gotta applaud CCSO for keeping this one under wraps and not tipping their hand, waiting until they had him in their custody before obtaining this warrant.

My previous post worrying about them having their ducks in a row?

I'm not so worried about that any longer. And him being publicly named a POI in Somer's death?

I have to think they have him nailed to the wall on that one, too.

http://download.gannett.edgesuite.net/wtlv/docs/022410_harrell_charges.pdf

He was arrested and rebooked at the jail on a warrant issued today.

I gotta applaud CCSO for keeping this one under wraps and not tipping their hand, waiting until they had him in their custody before obtaining this warrant.

My previous post worrying about them having their ducks in a row?

I'm not so worried about that any longer. And him being publicly named a POI in Somer's death?

I have to think they have him nailed to the wall on that one, too.

I agree with you.

I have to disagree (that they were somehow negligent).

From the beginning of this case (Somer's), CCSO has been outstanding. I am seriously impressed. Given what we know now, and what has been explained here and in the news regarding how painstaking the process is to pin this (the *advertiser censored* charges) on someone, I don't think it was possible they could have arrested him any sooner, and if they had they risked him being released or even having charges dismissed. They have their ducks in a row, for sure. Whether or not he is the one who killed Somer, he's spending the rest of his life in prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Susanna410