FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if FBI are helping to investigate this case, as they have been involved in other high profile cases recently in Florida?

Yes, the FBI are involved and have been pretty much since the beginning.

I know it is a lot of reading but Noway has gone above and beyond in putting time lines and information together in her links. There is a wealth of info there.

I would , but got a violation of TOS recently for stating the exact site i had gotten some of this info. from, and my previous post was removed from the mod., and don't know how to post the link, don't even know if it could be posted anyway, but it is another blog. Maybe a bit of research into this could explain it to you better. I am not saying it didn't happen in J.H's home, anything is possible. I am not even saying he didn't do this, but nobody knows that yet! L.E. have not officially stated they have anyone that committed this crime yet.
I am just looking at all avenues of this. Not stating any concrete facts, because as i mentioned, none of us know anything for sure, unless you definitely know J.H did in fact murder Somer Thompson?

Here is a thought angel: IF JH is the perp, why on earth would he use an open space to murder Somer with 2 empty houses right there? Perps will use whatever is convenient for them - with empty houses, especially ones he had access to, the likelihood of using one for his crime increases. MOO (my opinion only)

When you go to other forums for information, usually what you will find are opinions and/or rumors. We at WS are very careful to label a rumor just what it is - rumor! Much less confusion that way.

Are you asking me if I know for sure JH killed Somer?

In your argument you rule JH out. I was just showing you that you can not do that logically.

I believe with the evidence we have JH is the most logical suspect and there is no evidence to assume he should be ruled out.

I just stated in my post that i did NOT rule J.H. out as the one that did this, he may well have! But there have been no official charges on him yet in Somer's murder. Only the other charges they have him on.
I even read in the news where Somer's mom stated that "She was not getting her hopes up yet", that they have the right person?
Maybe you misunderstood me.

Here is a thought angel: IF JH is the perp, why on earth would he use an open space to murder Somer with 2 empty houses right there? Perps will use whatever is convenient for them - with empty houses, especially ones he had access to, the likelihood of using one for his crime increases. MOO (my opinion only)

When you go to other forums for information, usually what you will find are opinions and/or rumors. We at WS are very careful to label a rumor just what it is - rumor! Much less confusion that way.

Maybe?

REspectfully snipped:

From what i understand, these kinds of perps rarely commit that kind of crime in their own home, too much trace evidence for L.E to find. They normally do this in an isolated place, out in the open somewhere! Then again, there are always exceptions to the rule.

If JH is guilty of this crime against Somer, my opinion is this was a crime of opportunity. I don't believe that he was stalking or grooming Somer, I think he saw the chance, and acted quickly without premeditation. I hate to keep repeating myself on this, but I did think that this may turn out a lot like the Holly Jones case. Look it up if you are interested and have some time. There was a direct link between the convicted man in that case and his viewing of child *advertiser censored*.

Could Somer have been directly placed at the landfill after the fact?, rather than elsewhere first, another theory.[/QUOTE]

IIRC it has been established that she was placed in a dumpster, which in turn was emptied into trucks. Those trucks were followed by LE to the landfill, and Somer was found. so unless LE and the media are lying about it then no, she could not have been placed there after the fact.

I don't know if these are rumors, the site does have some pretty good info. and didn't seem to me to be "rumour mongering". Just like on here, trying to fit the pieces to the puzzle. But i could be wrong!

Rumors were swarming around prior to JH being in the picture that Somers body was found in a dumpster @ a business complex on Fleming Island. In light of JH being a POI in Somer's Murder, I think the rumor of where the dumpsters where is an error. I think if in fact he is involved I think the complex where he worked is a possibility. (Beauty and the Beast)

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&um...a=X&oi=manybox&resnum=1&ct=10&ved=0CAMQkwMwAQ

I have checked out the businesses and their hours of operation.

Beauty and the Beast closes Mon - Thurs @ 9 pm

The Fitness Place closes at 10 pm HOWEVER OPENS @ 5 AM

The others businesses are really insignificant as far as hours go.

Having said this and taking into consideration of time needed to close the businesses at night , there would be about a 4 hour window for him to dispose of the Body. I apologize if this has been discussed before.

REspectfully snipped:

From what i understand, these kinds of perps rarely commit that kind of crime in their own home, too much trace evidence for L.E to find. They normally do this in an isolated place, out in the open somewhere! Then again, there are always exceptions to the rule.

If JH is guilty of this crime against Somer, my opinion is this was a crime of opportunity. I don't believe that he was stalking or grooming Somer, I think he saw the chance, and acted quickly without premeditation. I hate to keep repeating myself on this, but I did think that this may turn out a lot like the Holly Jones case. Look it up if you are interested and have some time. There was a direct link between the convicted man in that case and his viewing of child *advertiser censored*.
Wonder what dumpsters were close by if she was killed in one of the houses? Guess the perp. would have had to have picked the opportunity very carefully to place her there if it was a populated neighbourhood. The risk of being seen.
I too feel this was a crime of opportunity. Do we know if Somer was taken to and from school on most days by a neighbour?, just that on the fateful day she couldn't take her. If a perp. was watching children on a daily basis waiting for a victim?, then why Somer? I am sure there were plenty of other children from what i understand that walk that route. I don't even know the frequency of how often Somer had to walk. How often did she stop and pat that dog? Wouldn't other children have been with her too when she did? Was she really a little child that was prone to walking off by herself frequently?

Could Somer have been directly placed at the landfill after the fact?, rather than elsewhere first, another theory.

IIRC it has been established that she was placed in a dumpster, which in turn was emptied into trucks. Those trucks were followed by LE to the landfill, and Somer was found. so unless LE and the media are lying about it then no, she could not have been placed there after the fact.[/QUOTE]

Are you asking me if I know for sure JH killed Somer?

In your argument you rule JH out. I was just showing you that you can not do that logically.

I believe with the evidence we have JH is the most logical suspect and there is no evidence to assume he should be ruled out.

I agree doc, JH is the most logical and even the most likely suspect. IMO having two empty houses so close to where Somer and other children walked to and from school makes it difficult for LE. Defense will argue that ANYBODY could have entered the houses and murdered little Somer. This case must be proven 'beyond all reasonable doubt' and unless there is DNA as evidence, that might be difficult. MOO I continue to think about WK and how close he once lived, his sex offenses, and the triggers he had.

Rumors were swarming around prior to JH being in the picture that Somers body was found in a dumpster @ a business complex on Fleming Island. In light of JH being a POI in Somer's Murder, I think the rumor of where the dumpsters where is an error. I think if in fact he is involved I think the complex where he worked is a possibility. (Beauty and the Beast)

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&um...a=X&oi=manybox&resnum=1&ct=10&ved=0CAMQkwMwAQ

I have checked out the businesses and their hours of operation.

Beauty andat one the Beast closes Mon - Thurs @ 9 pm

The Fitness Place closes at 10 pm HOWEVER OPENS @ 5 AM

The others businesses are really insignificant as far as hours go.

Having said this and taking into consideration of time needed to close the businesses at night , there would be about a 4 hour window for him to dispose of the Body. I apologize if this has been discussed before.

Would that mean that if he supposedly killed her at one of the houses that he transported her body to his workplace, to dispose of her body in the dumpster? Wouldn't he have had to place her in a vehicle to get there? His car i expect, then i guess L.E. checked for forensic evidence in his car?

To me, this is the perfect spot to dump a body, the dumpsters are behind the buildings. Easy access off HWY 17 and an easy exit out the rear. Wouldn't have to take the same route back to OP.

One thing that is bothering me is where was the crime scene? Forensic's did not spend a lot of time at his home on Gano. Did he murder her at 1080 Gano or???? (if it is him)

I agree that L.E. will have to have some pretty strong forensic evidence to get the right person in this case. I just hope and pray they have some.

Yes, I know they have apprehended his car when the search warrants were executed on Feb 11. I am wondering if this is how the whole child abduction part of Somer's murder comes into play.

Hmmm, just thinking , he might have thought that the house @ 1080 Gano (burnt) would be the best spot, it was vacant after the workers left that day and if its true they found soot on her body.

O/T a bit just a little inside info that come my way today and I found it interesting. Not sure if how much is true.
An employee where I work just returned to work today after being on a short vacation (in jail). When he come to me (HR dept) to get his paper work to actually start tomorrow I ask him if he had any contact with any of the Palatka crew that had recently gotten busted. I was thinking where he lived he would have been in another jail and was meaning the RC,MC persons. He said "oh yea the night they brought that dude in the whole jail was in lock down. Said that no one was supposed to know where they were bringing him and the outside had about 100 protestors waited for him when they brought him in. I stopped him then and said you are talking about the POI in the Somer case. He said yea, yea. Also said they brought him in the green vest (we already knew) and he is in totally isolation. No contact with anyone other than the guards. He descibed his court apperanace and how that was done and also said when he went to court everything is cleared from any other inmates.
He said that he(POI)now is not allowed any phones calls due to something he had said in a previous call to his mother. He also said that might be hear say but was being said around the jail. I explained to him what we knew he had said to his mother.
That was all I know and I repeat all this could be hearsay but sorta correspondes with what we already know and I found it interesting hearing it from someone inside. I was really hoping for some scoop on RC. LOL
Also let me note this is a good guy, hard worker(our employee) just sometimes gets a little out of hand and this time it bit him.

Oh and Vinson SO, was a initial distraction for LE so....JH probably thought he was safe (for awhile!)

Yes, I know they have apprehended his car when the search warrants were executed on Feb 11. I am wondering if this is how the whole child abduction part of Somer's murder comes into play.

If he grabbed her and took her anywhere, even into his house or shed that is kidnapping. I think in the case of a child it can be anyone taking a child anywhere without the parents permission, even if the child wants to go. In this case we know it came to a point where Somer did not want to be there anyway so it was kidnapping.

Oh and Vinson SO, was a initial distraction for LE so....JH probably thought he was safe (for awhile!)

Good points. I also wondered about the Gano home of JH. They were there well into the night IIRC, but if they believed it to be a crime scene, would they have taped it off for a longer period. Any locals see any more action by LE at this house after the search? I have not seen any comments anywhere by any friends of JH. Did he have friends/associates that were into what he was? Did he post the photos and Video he made online. Was he sharing his filth with other pigs like him?

With Le refusing to release any details, COD, or if a sexual assault occurred, was this also giving JH a false sense of security? I go back and forth so much. I have heard that JH did not move out of the Gano house until the beginning of December. That he lied to LE and said he was not living there.If LE started questioning him and asked for a DNA sample in November sometime, I have to wonder if this is what caused JH to start moving around, and eventually high tail it to Mississippi.

I hope they did try to get some forensic evidence from his car? I had a feeling that a car was involved in her abduction/murder, but i thought whoever did this might have pulled Somer into a car, initially when i heard about this terrible course of events.
I must say i was very surprised that L.E. found her so quickly, because my first thought was that someone had got her and pulled her into a car, and they were long gone with her by the time authorities were notified. To my way of thinking, from previous cases like this i have read about, some of these children were found dead a long way from home. Not always the case though!
I did see one on T.V. last night where a 12 yr. old was abducted from her getting lost to go to her church group. She was thrown into a van, and taped up, and consequently placed into a carpeted coffin size box inside the van(this was a work van). She was then taken to an isolated spot by the ocean and raped! He then took her to a motel room and same thing happened there! He then went home, picked up his wife and child and they went out for lunch. After this he drove his victim, (inside the box, still in the van), and dumped her in an isolated spot. Thank god she managed to get help, and it was reported to L.E., they got evidence from clothing, carpet fibers stuck in her clothes and a witness that was able to describe the van. They looked up the vans with the words of that particular business and managed to trace this to a 36yr. old caucasian male. They tested the van etc. and nailed him with that. He is on two lengthy jail terms, probably for the rest of his life.
This was a case from "Forensic Files".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member