FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, I was thinking maybe whatever he had on him when he was arrested in Mississippi was confiscated and then transferred along with him. As on, with any other possessions he had. These pills can be bought over the counter correct? So it would not even be illegal for him to have them? They would take your jewelry and other belongings and bag them for you to keep until you are released....of course his "stackers" will be long expired before that ever happens i would hope!

The pills would not be illegal for him to have since they do sell over the counter if he was not in custody of LE. I think what eyes4crime was saying is how does a inmate being transported from one jail facility to another have stacker pills on him.
I was wondering if maybe that was just his personal items JH had on him when first arrested and that is what Clay County listed as his personal items when they received JH. Not meaning they were personally on him when he arrived to Clay County.

Oh never mind I just reread what dar107 wrote. I think I need to be on the confused thread, sorry.

Somer and kids received rides in the morning. The kids did not receive consistent rides HOME daily - it varied. They were DRIVEN to school this day. Being that this was a monday and the route would not have been walked for two days at least including the morning version. The fact the dogs picked her scent is significant - only to loose it right before Grove Parkway.

Someone may have responded to you already ... and I will grab the link for you, but Somer's scent was lost by Kahlua the dog at Gano and DeBarry, not Grove Park.

This is my transcription of the video report:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4719489&postcount=124

REPORTER: We are 4 to 5 blocks from Somer's school, on Gano. Kahlua, the dog, is tracking the scent of a little girl.

MELANIE: I used her bed sheets.

REPORTER: Office Melanie Russell of St. John's County Sheriff's Department.

MELANIE: I just pass it under her nose; she knows that's what she ... the scent she needs to look for, and we're off.

REPORTER: But the conditions could be better.

MELANIE: If it was all grass or in the woods, it would be per -- ideal conditions. But unfortunately urban conditions like this, the scent is going to bake off the pavement, esp. of all the contamination of the cars going by, people walking by it blows the scent around. Scent's like smoke. So all that activity is blowing the smoke everywhere. So she might be walking on the opposite side of the street. All the activity is blowing the smoke

REPORTER: At least though it's not 85-90 degrees, when scents bake off she said. Kahlua lost the scent at this intersection of DeBarry and Gano.

Scents last a week, so is this where Somer possibly disappeared, or did Kahlua just pick up the scent of Somer's normal path home?

This is the link to the video (broken now am trying to find alternate)

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/default.aspx?maven_playerId=immersiveplayer

Click HERE this one works!

Hmmm, I was thinking maybe whatever he had on him when he was arrested in Mississippi was confiscated and then transferred along with him. As on, with any other possessions he had. These pills can be bought over the counter correct? So it would not even be illegal for him to have them? They would take your jewelry and other belongings and bag them for you to keep until you are released....of course his "stackers" will be long expired before that ever happens i would hope!

thanks dar - also, they were probably taken from him in Mississippi and transferred with his other belongings to Florida. He didn't have them on his person. There's not a chance LE would let any prisoner have 95 pills of any kind. MOO

Some time ago, Tarabull posted a great summary of all the reports on the fight.

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4552117&postcount=334"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL - Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park, Thread # 29[/ame]

thanks Noway - Seems there certainly was some kind of altercation on the way home - but I thought the theory presented today was that it happened in school: Somer was pulled from her 1st grade room, sent to the principle for paddling or whatever, mom was called (per protocol) and she was picked up? I hope I misunderstood earlier, cause it doesn't make any sense at all...at least not to me. moo

Can anyone tell me what the "road" is between Grove Park and DeBarry?

Is there an entrance off of Gano?

For reference, the red on map is JH's house.

Mysteryroad.jpg

This ^^ is what I'm talking about.
LOL
Sorry ... I bbbllleeewww the margins.

Will fix and post.

just a slight observation but has anyone noticed on the pic of jh just at the corner of his left eye brow a slight scratch mark? or what appears to be an older scratch mark.... wonder if anyone noticed a fresh scratch on his face just after she disappeared? if she did fight back or resist maybe she got one scratch in before she was restrained or whatever?

just a slight observation but has anyone noticed on the pic of jh just at the corner of his left eye brow a slight scratch mark? or what appears to be an older scratch mark.... wonder if anyone noticed a fresh scratch on his face just after she disappeared? if she did fight back or resist maybe she got one scratch in before she was restrained or whatever?

That's interesting.

That video we had earlier that showed a guy at the vigil that appeared to some of us to be JH, I wonder if you could see the scratch on that. I'll have to try to find it.

Noway, it must be a pretty new street, it's not showing on mapquest.

ETA: I'm gonna try my map/gps thingy on my phone.

Noway:

I don't think that's a street. It looks like it on the map. But, when you zoom in really close, it looks like more of a drive leading to apartments or duplexes or something. Maybe office buildings.

That would explain why no street name is on the maps.

I'm thinking it's a drive.

I had read that the dogs could have followed her scent even if she was in a car. (I know you want a link, and I'll see if I bookmarked it.)

So if a dog could have picked up her scent even if she was in a car ... then the scent that was lost at DeBarry and Gano could have come from Somer while she was in car.

I wonder if any security cams could have picked up JH car in that area.

thanks Noway - Seems there certainly was some kind of altercation on the way home - but I thought the theory presented today was that it happened in school: Somer was pulled from her 1st grade room, sent to the principle for paddling or whatever, mom was called (per protocol) and she was picked up? I hope I misunderstood earlier, cause it doesn't make any sense at all...at least not to me. moo

Hi eyes...

Sam told me in the beginning that "Somer had gotten in a fist fight in school that day" and that Abby was scolding her about it and lil sam was teasing her when she ran off.. after smacking sam with the bookbag."

This is my memory of what he told me, fwiw... Ive just kinda thrown all the stories together and believe somer was in several arguments that day. I think DT probably was notified of the fight according to school manual. Maybe that is why she was frantic that day.. IDK. Maybe somer was in some kind of inschool punishment that day. Again, IDK. Lots of maybes.

Noway:

I don't think that's a street. It looks like it on the map. But, when you zoom in really close, it looks like more of a drive leading to apartments or duplexes or something. Maybe office buildings.

That would explain why no street name is on the maps.

I'm thinking it's a drive.

So it's likely that the street address is xxxx Gano but you pull in there to access them?

Maybe anyway.

I had read that the dogs could have followed her scent even if she was in a car. (I know you want a link, and I'll see if I bookmarked it.)

So if a dog could have picked up her scent even if she was in a car ... then the scent that was lost at DeBarry and Gano could have come from Somer while she was in car.

I wonder if any security cams could have picked up JH car in that area.

That's correct - skin cells (rafts) fall to the ground even when in a moving car but only if the windows are open. Rafts wouldn't be floating to the ground if the windows were closed or she was in the trunk. moo

If you look at this picutre, you will see what appears to be a road, but it's a drive. The cars go down the drive and park in front of those buildings.

Attachments

• GETMAP_crop.jpg
    GETMAP_crop.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 5
Someone may have responded to you already ... and I will grab the link for you, but Somer's scent was lost by Kahlua the dog at Gano and DeBarry, not Grove Park.

This is my transcription of the video report:

This is the link to the video (broken now am trying to find alternate)

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/default.aspx?maven_playerId=immersiveplayer

Another disappearing video - that figures.

If Somer's scent was available enough to be followed to Debarry and Gano - you would THINK the 3rd crossing guard would have seen her. Which it was stated they DID NOT. If she were involved in a struggle surely a crossing guard would have heard it being so close. Her scent should have continued all the way to her home had it actually lasted a week but because it didn't, leads me to believe they were following a more "Fresh" scent. The dogs should have been able to find her scent if she went through that drain path as I am certain it was less traveled than Gano Ave itself -- IF she did make it to Debarry and Gano -- she would have been well past JH home -- the way I look at it - either options would be a wash on him unless he picked her up in his vehicle which seems more unlikely considering he would have had an ample opportunity to lure her into his home or yard using the dog as bait, so why risk using his car? Had he watched her walk by the home and decided to get in the car and drive after her - well, that is REALLY risky considering she would be so close to the crossing guard at this point

I think the dogs would have found her scent leading to JH HOME had she actually been lured into the home. I have to wonder if the dogs also did pick up her scent at the burnt out house along with the eye witness accounts of seeing her -- and then continued to follow her down the remainder of Gano. In any case, I feel she got into a vehicle. I do not believe she went INTO a home - had her scent led to an ACTUAL home LE would have been ALL over it - just as they were all over the burnt out home on GANO.

Thank you for the "fight" links - I think it sounds very self explanatory - There is a member who confirmed this PHYSICAL fight- she can hopefully come to explain it a little later.

Hi eyes...

Sam told me in the beginning that "Somer had gotten in a fist fight in school that day" and that Abby was scolding her about it and lil sam was teasing her when she ran off.. after smacking sam with the bookbag."

This is my memory of what he told me, fwiw... Ive just kinda thrown all the stories together and believe somer was in several arguments that day. I think DT probably was notified of the fight according to school manual. Maybe that is why she was frantic that day.. IDK. Maybe somer was in some kind of inschool punishment that day. Again, IDK. Lots of maybes.

Sadnpod did you ever post about that in the beginning?

Who would have told that to Sam in the beginning because I don't think anyone in the family was talking to him and I don't think the police would have told him that since they were not telling anyone anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Louiwebb