FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it a fact that J.H. is going for arraignment on the 10th. of this month? Maybe we will get to hear about things some more then? Not anything on the news that is new at this point in time that i can find.

Is it a fact that J.H. is going for arraignment on the 10th. of this month? Maybe we will get to hear about things some more then? Not anything on the news that is new at this point in time that i can find.

I think we are all hoping and praying to hear more soon. I doubt that the court date brings anything new on Somer and his possible involvement. I do not think we are going to hear too much about any of the until LE has its tees crossed, i's dotted, and all the evidence wrapped up tight and clean, if in fact charges are indeed going to be brought against JH for Somers abduction and murder. JMO

I'm not posting much, but I've been reading the comments to see what ideas people come up and stuff.

But, so far I have not read about whether JH knew his computer had been turned over to the Sheriff's department, and when did he find out.

Did his ex-roommates call him and tell him?

Did he call his roommates and asked him for his computer, did they tell him then?

Did he know because of a visit from the SO?

I mean, we are talking from August to February? Did he find out recently, and that is why he moved out of state?

Just curious about this.

:)

Questions Linger In Harrell's Arrest
http://www.news4jax.com/news/22708293/detail.html

"With the arrest of Jarred Harrell, 24, on child *advertiser censored*, production and molestation charges, there are many questions about the man named as a person of interest in the killing of 7-year-old Orange Park girl Somer Thompson.

Angela Corey, of the State Attorney's Office, provided some answers on Monday.

"I can tell you we continue to work him as a primary person of interest or suspect, whichever way you want to phrase it, in the Somer Thompson case," Corey said. "He's still a viable suspect in that case and we continue to work it actively every day."

Does anyone know why Jarred's court documents are gone from the Clay County site? TIA

Clay County Clerk

hmm that's weird, all I see are his previous cases but not the new ones?

By the way, new story:

http://www.news4jax.com/news/22708293/detail.html

Angela Corey, of the State Attorney's Office, provided some answers on Monday.

"I can tell you we continue to work him as a primary person of interest or suspect, whichever way you want to phrase it, in the Somer Thompson case," Corey said. "He's still a viable suspect in that case and we continue to work it actively every day."...
The Clay County Sheriff's Office has never referred to Harrell as a suspect, but strictly as a person of interest."

BBM me. Interesting!

A little bit more from the link Pixie posted:

The Clay County Sheriff's Office has never referred to Harrell as a suspect, but strictly as a person of interest.
~~snipped~~
...Corey explained the difference between the two terms. She said investigators won't call Harrell a suspect unless there is enough evidence to charge him with murder. She said they are still working on gathering and processing evidence.

ETA:http://www.news4jax.com/news/22708293/detail.html

How long can someone be labeled a person of interest?

"Forever. There is no limitation of that specific description of someone that we believe may have committed a criminal act," Corey said.

I think this says they pretty much have the evidence he did it.

"I think the community who has grieved for Somer, has prayed and worried with all of us, can be at ease right now," Corey said.

"I think the community who has grieved for Somer, has prayed and worried with all of us, can be at ease right now," Corey said.
amen Doc!

A little bit more from the link Pixie posted:

The Clay County Sheriff's Office has never referred to Harrell as a suspect, but strictly as a person of interest.
~~snipped~~
...Corey explained the difference between the two terms. She said investigators won't call Harrell a suspect unless there is enough evidence to charge him with murder. She said they are still working on gathering and processing evidence.

ETA:http://www.news4jax.com/news/22708293/detail.html

How long can someone be labeled a person of interest?

"Forever. There is no limitation of that specific description of someone that we believe may have committed a criminal act," Corey said.

And this as well:

She said investigators have time on their side and they want to get all the facts and evidence in line. Corey said Harrell is not going anywhere.

IDK but that last comment really strikes me. That statement gives me even more hope that charges are only a matter of time. Maybe I am taking it to heart to strongly.

Ooops I think we were typing at the same time lol!

I agree Doc.

Great news IMO.

And this as well:

She said investigators have time on their side and they want to get all the facts and evidence in line. Corey said Harrell is not going anywhere.

IDK but that last comment really strikes me. That statement gives me even more hope that charges are only a matter of time. Maybe I am taking it to heart to strongly.

It must be a luxury for LE to have 'time on their side'...and with the child *advertiser censored* charges JH will be facing, seems they have lots of time for the murder charge. moo

Wonder if a 'gag' order has been put in place for this case?

I think they got him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There would be no reason to make those kinds of statements unless they were confident in what they have.

I feel so much relief right now.

I'm not posting much, but I've been reading the comments to see what ideas people come up and stuff.

But, so far I have not read about whether JH knew his computer had been turned over to the Sheriff's department, and when did he find out.

Did his ex-roommates call him and tell him?

Did he call his roommates and asked him for his computer, did they tell him then?

Did he know because of a visit from the SO?

I mean, we are talking from August to February? Did he find out recently, and that is why he moved out of state?

Just curious about this.

:)
B/BBM... I am curious about this too!!!

This is just my :twocents: on this... but iirc he was kicked out of the apartment at night and told to leave right away. He didn't get a chance to pack up his stuff, etc.. I think by the time he had the nerve to call up his exroomies and ask for his computer back it was already gone. Perhaps he never had the nerve to ask for it back. For sure by the end of December/early January he had to know that his kiddie *advertiser censored* stash had been found.

As to when he could have figured out that law enforcement was onto him... that would be early January of this year... as his father stated it was in early January that they asked him for DNA because his son wouldn't cooperate. This tells me that prior to early January LE must have approached him to ask for DNA/talked to him... otherwise why would LE have made that statement to his father?

And two more pennies from my change jar: I think when the pressure built from LE talking to him about DNA, and whatever else was going on with LE, he took a little road trip to Mississippi. I could even see his Mom telling him to get out of town and go stay with Auntie so and so (she has come across as very controlling in her phone calls).

One last thought (help me with the specifics Noway ;-)

there was a media article in Late January/early February that said lab reports were just starting to come in in Somer's case... and than the next week he is arrested for child *advertiser censored* and considered a POI in Somer's murder.

I have always found the timing of the lab reports and his arrest/naming as POI to be connected in some way... The only thing I am questionable on is what exact evidence they have so far? I would think one skin cell would be enough.... one little microscopic piece that puts him and Somer together. I tend to think they have it but are being completely cautious and professional as they have demonstrated from the getgo.

I tend to think they do have that one skin cell or fragment of dna but are waiting on it all to get back before they move. They have plenty of time to do things right here as he is safely off the streets.

I thought it might be gone because they were adding/editing charges. I did look at the inmate info and saw it was still listed as 3/10.

Thanks Doc!

Noway, I wondered that too, but I think it should show up on his inmate status first but I really don't know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper