FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HLN says they are going to cover DT's conference in 15 minutes.

I'm glad of the arrest but I still hope the Clay County Sheriff feels heat from not arresting Harrell sooner on the child *advertiser censored* charges. I really didn't like the fact that Sheriff Beseler didn't once say that, even if they felt like everything had been done to expedite the process, the procedures in which child *advertiser censored* cases are investigated will be reviewed and improved. I thought he spent a lot of time in that press conference covering his own butt. The fact of the matter is that if Harrell's computer had been processed quicker and if he had been arrested on child *advertiser censored* charges before Oct. 19th then Somer would still be alive. That is inescapable.
all I can say to that is that I don't agree respectfully.

And also that I am sure the squeaky wheel (system in place that currently handles child *advertiser censored*) will get the grease... but I personally will never lash out at law enforcement for working within the confines of their current systems.

I think LE did an excellent job.

moo moo moo

Mark my words, he will claim he killed her on accident while trying to silence her by placing hand over her mouth and nose. He will, as they always do, claim he just panicked and next thing you know she was dead. So friggin predictable.

HLN says they are going to cover DT's conference in 15 minutes.

I have so much respect for mom Diena - I want to send her the biggest hug ever.

She has stood by respecting the process and has come out with justice on her side.

Mom Diena has weathered the hate spewed her way, and come out on top of the trash that sends it.

She has been through hell and back and still maintains class.

MOO MHO

from sheriff's statement link I posted upstream:

Our charges filed today against Jarred Harrell allege that he contacted Somer as she walked home from school on October 19, 2009, passing by the house Harrell lived in on Gano Avenue. We have evidence that will show Harrell assaulted Somer, then killed her and dumped her body in a dumpster which ultimately ended up in the landfill in Folkston, GA, where it was recovered.
Harrell's name first surfaced not long after Somer's death as one of over 4,000 leads given to Team Somer in the days and weeks after the crime. As we began to scrutinize Harrell and his activities, he emerged as a person of interest

IMOO LE did a fabulous job of gathering evidence and holding it close to the vest (as much as that hampered our efforts here and annoyed me at the time).

There will never bee perfection in this world, but we can keep trying.

She has stood by respecting the process and has come out with justice on her side.

Mom Diena has weathered the hate spewed her way, and come out on top of the trash that sends it.

MOO MHO

I second that and I am sure she will get that hug.

Diena, you are a true pillar of strength!
What an amazing woman Somer's mom is!
Look at your momma, Somer...you do shine sweetie...you shine through your momma!

Who was that that just fainted?
NM...She just said it was her sister. Hope she's ok.

MOO MHO

A "thank you" was just not enough...I couldn't agree more or said it better!

Prayers for Somer's family as they enter this new phase of emotional strife. God be with them and give them daily strength to endure.....

A forum for Somer would be great now that an arrest has been made!

On News4Jax they said the older sister who fainted is ok now. Just wanted to pass that along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel