FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/22965522/detail.html

Beseler said that there was a mountain of evidence processed in the case, but the thing that allowed authorities to file the murder charge was Harrell's own admission to the facts of the case.
Citing the need to protect many details of the investigation to not taint the prosecution, Beseler did say Somer was assaulted and died of asphyxiation.
He said investigators obtained DNA from Harrell, along with other evidence placing Harrell at the location where Somer was killed, that also allowed them to file the murder charge.
"Based on our evidence from this investigation, we feel confident that Harrell committed this crime," Beseler said.

Finally! If they execute this guy in public, I will buy tickets to watch.

Interested in seeing if all the people who bashed the family, the babysitter, or the boyfriend come back with an apology.

Ultimately I think the person who had the visions of the puppy, garage, and such was pretty much right on target, except for the fact she was strangled rather than beaten, but he could've done both as well. Would've been hard to tell after she had been placed in the dumpster :/

I have never posted in this thread and am pretty much new to posting on WS but I've been reading since Somer went missing.

I am so happy that there is finally justice for Somer! I've been crying since I read it on here. My dad was in LE for over 30 years, just retired as Chief of Police here in December and I was raised with a keen sense of what really goes on in the world. I am just so happy her family finally has answers and that the parents of the other children in that neighborhood can breath a sigh of relief.

I too want to thank the person who told us of her visions, I got chills this morning thinking about how accurate they were.

If he pleads guilty, there will be no jury trial, isn't that true?

I just read about this yesterday, and I think that's what it indicated. But I'm not a lawyer and sometimes reading lawyerese confuses me.

I have never posted in this thread and am pretty much new to posting on WS but I've been reading since Somer went missing.

I am so happy that there is finally justice for Somer! I've been crying since I read it on here. My dad was in LE for over 30 years, just retired as Chief of Police here in December and I was raised with a keen sense of what really goes on in the world. I am just so happy her family finally has answers and that the parents of the other children in that neighborhood can breath a sigh of relief.

I too want to thank the person who told us of her visions, I got chills this morning thinking about how accurate they were.

Welcome to Websleuths, Sly! Good to have you here. :)

If he pleads guilty, there will be no jury trial, isn't that true?

I just read about this yesterday, and I think that's what it indicated. But I'm not a lawyer and sometimes reading lawyerese confuses me.
if he pleads guilty he will be sentenced.... but depends on death penalty on the table or not I believe. I think with death penalty there can be a special circ. jury:waitasec:

:welcome: Sly Scorpio, always nice to have a lurker join the conversation

OH MY GOSH -- THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVER! JUSTICE FOR SOMER and JUSTICE FOR MOM DIENA AND FAMILY!!!

premeditated murder, sexual assault, asphyxiation - what a twerp coward this JH is - finally there will be justice!!

if he pleads guilty he will be sentenced.... but depends on death penalty on the table or not I believe. I think with death penalty there can be a special circ. jury:waitasec:

Pretty sure a person can't plead guilty if it's murder one

Oh Goodness, what wonderful news. I just heard about the announcement and have quickly read the posts since last night and looked on a few news sites. Great THANKS to the dedicated LE Team for their work and compassion - they seem to have a rock solid case after handling things well. Blessings for Somer's family, friends and neighbors that the charges have been brought and long standing questions are being answered. Thanks so much to the core posters here on this site ... special kudos for Noway for all the data and history; along with others who did hours of research and shared that with everyone. Thank goodness the cloud of darkness that some put over Somer's mother and others close to her has been lifted. I posted about a week ago to have patience and the answers would come..... am SO VERY HAPPY that they came today. I join with you in the celebration that this murderer has ended his time of terror.

this is just a link to google search page on pleading guilty to first degree murder. Many cases came up so it is may be possible but not sure in the state of Florida

[ame="http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=plead+guilty+to+first+degree+murder&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8"]plead guilty to first degree murder - Google Search[/ame]

On a somewhat sarcastic note.... I see that alibi has packed her bags and gotten out of Dodge.
I also appreciate the young folks that turned in JH's computer and the contributions they made to the case; I'm proud they did the right thing and that the father defended them when some people were shining the light of doubt on them too.
Yes, it is a good day for TRUTH and JUSTICE for Somer and all involved.

this is just a link to google search page on pleading guilty to first degree murder. Many cases came up so it is may be possible but not sure in the state of Florida

plead guilty to first degree murder - Google Search

I thought if a death penalty case - not guilty was the only way one could plea! Oh well, just so the sicko is behind bars for the rest of his life - that makes me happy. Mom Diena said way in the beginning she wanted the death penalty. And she deserves to get what she asks for.

I'm glad of the arrest but I still hope the Clay County Sheriff feels heat from not arresting Harrell sooner on the child *advertiser censored* charges. I really didn't like the fact that Sheriff Beseler didn't once say that, even if they felt like everything had been done to expedite the process, the procedures in which child *advertiser censored* cases are investigated will be reviewed and improved. I thought he spent a lot of time in that press conference covering his own butt. The fact of the matter is that if Harrell's computer had been processed quicker and if he had been arrested on child *advertiser censored* charges before Oct. 19th then Somer would still be alive. That is inescapable.

Since January 1, 1995, there have been at least 14 defendants sentenced to death in Florida after entering guilty pleas to first-degree murder. Only one is African American.
http://www.cuadp.org/florida/fldpinfo.html

more at link... so he can plead guilty AND still get the death penalty (but lwop is more common if you read thru this very long and legalese link)

Let's hope all goes well and someone don't goof up
on a technicality.

Now an arrest in Neveah's case would be wonderful.

Let's hope all goes well and someone don't goof up
on a technicality.

Now an arrest in Neveah's case would be wonderful.

LE have been so careful about JH - I highy doubt any technicality will get him off the hook for murder.

An arrest in the Nevaeh case would complete my day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman