FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll never catch up after work...but still, everyone, please keep posting for those of us who are missing the presser.

JUSTICE FOR SOMER!!!! PRAYERS FOR ALL OF HER FAMILY AND SPECIAL PRAYERS FOR HER SIBLINGS AND LITTLE DEAR FRIENDS.

I also pray for her enemies as we know and have seen, they are out there...maybe this will send them back into the "woodwork" and they'll leave her alone now!

DT - continue holding your head up as you have all along...there are many more who support you!

OMG! I just got on computer and saw the number of people on Somers' thread and knew it had to be good news!

Maybe JH has a plea deal so that the death penalty will not be on the table. Who knows. He done is done, tho!!!!

I am so pleased that this 'doughboy' is finally charged in Somer's murder.

GB Somer's family and give them the strength to get through!

all I can say to that is that I don't agree respectfully.

And also that I am sure the squeaky wheel (system in place that currently handles child *advertiser censored*) will get the grease... but I personally will never lash out at law enforcement for working within the confines of their current systems.

I think LE did an excellent job.

moo moo moo
I still gotta respectfully disagree with you nurse.

A child was murdered months after a computer was turned in that could have put the murderer behind bars and prevented the whole thing. That's a very stark reality. Believe me, I understand the constraints the Sheriff is working under and I have no problem seeing their side of the story, but...if Somer were my child that would not be enough for me, not even close. I would want to put the screws to them any way I could, and by association, other LE departments nationwide. The point is there is always room for improvement, especially when expedience can mean a matter of life or death for a child. And even if the system can't be improved I would expect a thorough review of the system and a public acknowledgement of the necessity of that by the Sheriff.

A child was murdered months after a computer was turned in that could have put the murderer behind bars and prevented the whole thing. That's a very stark reality. Believe me, I understand the constraints the Sheriff is working under and I have no problem seeing their side of the story, but...if Somer were my child that would not be enough for me, not even close. I would want to put the screws to them any way I could, and by association, other LE departments nationwide. The point is there is always room for improvement, especially when expedience can mean a matter of life or death for a child. And even if the system can't be improved I would expect a thorough review of the system and a public acknowledgement of the necessity of that by the Sheriff.
I agree it needs changed. What I didn't agree with was that LE is in CYA mode and didn't do a good job.

Hopefully the changes to the system and communication between local and federal is increased and quickly. I hope the Somer Foundation will have a part in making those changes as well.

Chili Fries, let today be the day to be thankful that Somer's murderer has been charged. LE has been methodical and bided their time so that when JH was charged, it would stick.

LE has done a GREAT job in Somer's case, and none of us could have done better, IMO.

This is the beginning of justice for Somer, and I thank God for it!

JMO

Chili Fries, let today be the day to be thankful that Somer's murderer has been charged. LE has been methodical and bided their time so that when JH was charged, it would stick.

LE has done a GREAT job in Somer's case, and none of us could have done better, IMO.

This is the beginning of justice for Somer, and I thank God for it!

JMO

Right.

He was going to go to jail one way or another, it's just very sad it didn't happen before October 19th. I don't see anything to be thankful about. Just my opinion.

Watching Diena speak breaks my heart, to me she is an amazing woman. Her grief is so tremendously apparent, but also so clear to me is the strength, bravery,integrity and resolve she has. She exudes these traits. I am glad to see and know she has a strong family to get her through this, and Team Somer I am sure will be at her side throughout the coming trial. God Bless all of Somer's loved ones and Team Somer who have worked so hard for this outcome, the kids who turned JH's computer in, and the community who has done everything in their power to help this family. God Bless the little girl JH molested and photographed, he will never hurt her or another child again.

sitting on hands.... sitting on hands....

I am thankful for many things today. Number one, I am thankful for the start of justice for Somer Thompson.

Diena is an amazing woman. God forbid if I am ever in her situation I hope I can have at least 1/4 of her strength and class. My hopes for Diena is that she will go on fighting for Somer of course then for other children. I can see her being so much help to other families in this situation. I can see her being like Tim Miller, Mark Klass and John Walsh who are all my heroes. They are amazing people who took a horrible tragedy and turned it into something so amazing keeping their children's names alive in such an awesome way. But first things first JUSTICE FOR SOMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Monster is locked up.

monster-Copy2.jpg

Last Name: harrell First Name: jarred
Name Primary Charge Arrest Date Details
HARRELL, JARRED (W/M/24) LEWD AND LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION 2/24/2010
HARRELL, JARRED (W/M/24) MURDER PREMEDITATED 3/25/2010
HARRELL, JARRED (W/M/24) POSSESS PHOTOGRAPH OF SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY CHILD 2/23/2010

I bet his mother is going to the aunt's who called JH dough-boy.

It speaks volumes to me that she has left. IMO

Quick question - if this has been asked and answered, I apologize.

Quote from the First Coast News story (bbm):

"I believe it is something that went rather quickly," Beseler said. "We don't believe it was very long she was with them."

Them? What does this mean?

Just saw the news - AMEN!!! There will be Justice for this sweet girl thanks to Team Somer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC