FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible that she could have meant to wait for them at the park, someone sees her crying on the street and pulls her into that bathroom, then later moves to the abandoned house, maybe meaning to dump her, but they have a dumpster from working on the fire damage and he throws her there? Do a lot of kids stop at that park on the way home?

Is it possible that she could have meant to wait for them at the park, someone sees her crying on the street and pulls her into that bathroom, then later moves to the abandoned house, maybe meaning to dump her, but they have a dumpster from working on the fire damage and he throws her there? Do a lot of kids stop at that park on the way home?

My first instinct would be to say no. I think if she was in that house, she was pulled there quickly and didn't ever leave, unless it was in the trunk of a car. I think the timeframe we're dealing with is so short. Her siblings couldn't have been that far behind, and once they got home things escalated fast, search-wise. I can't picture anyone dragging a child across the street near a park, on a street, around other kids. Surely there were other parents out waiting for their kids to come home.

This had to go down really fast, I think. I'd love to know if there were workers or A worker in that house at the time. It'd make a huge difference.

My first instinct would be to say no. I think if she was in that house, she was pulled there quickly and didn't ever leave, unless it was in the trunk of a car. I think the timeframe we're dealing with is so short. Her siblings couldn't have been that far behind, and once they got home things escalated fast, search-wise. I can't picture anyone dragging a child across the street near a park, on a street, around other kids. Surely there were other parents out waiting for their kids to come home.

This had to go down really fast, I think. I'd love to know if there were workers or A worker in that house at the time. It'd make a huge difference.

I;m inclined to agree, but it would have only taken a few seconds to get her into the bathroom, and then a few seconds to get her across the street after her siblings walked by. I'm more thinking that she was grabbed into the house, if this did occur in that specific area, but I'm trying to keep an open mind.

I suspect that the house does not have running water at the moment and the perp may have possibly used the facilities across the street to clean up.

While this could happen anywhere and does happen in many states, what is it about Florida?
I do not understand. Does this state, in particular, attract child molesters and killers?

This just breaks my heart. I pray for this precious child and her family.

Sadly, I think it does, and I don't know why, but even children know this. We were reading a book in the special education class I teach, and one of the main characters committed a felony. I asked the kids what would happen next and one of the kids said "she will come here to Florida where all the bad people are." How sad.

That being said, I feel so bad for poor Somer. I just keep telling myself she's in a much better place.:angel:

I have a pic of this cooler that took 2 people to carry. It was sitting on the ground behind one of the crime scene trucks and has something that looks like pink or red cloth hanging out but i need to figure out how to post it now.

Because he's a predator or do you have other reasons?

I see her point because he lives on gano ave and he looks like a . But, his address is over a mile from the house they are investigating according to google map and I would suspect since the house was empty that it could have been someone either homeless and squating there or someone really close that knew the house was empty.

I suspect that the house does not have running water at the moment and the perp may have possibly used the facilities across the street to clean up.

If there's work ongoing on the house, there's likely water.

Because he's a predator or do you have other reasons?

Area, offenses, time since sentencing. Just struck me. He even looks predatory in his reg. photo. He just has the look of one that was biding his time to get rid of the heat and do it again.

I;m inclined to agree, but it would have only taken a few seconds to get her into the bathroom, and then a few seconds to get her across the street after her siblings walked by. I'm more thinking that she was grabbed into the house, if this did occur in that specific area, but I'm trying to keep an open mind.
I am also leaning toward the house. If any thing was found in bathrooms it was likely after when they went to clean them self up or something.

I believe NG is going to cover Somer's case on her show tonight as well. I'm hoping that Pat Brown is one of the guests and that Nancy can keep her big yap shut long enough for Pat to profile the perp.

Wish we knew more about Mom's "friend", Sean. Was he actually living with the family, or just visiting?

Marc Klaas is going to be on Nancy's show as well discussing the case. I hope they have enough to devote the whole hour to this tragedy.

When is this madness going to stop?

I would have to agree , we don't know how many other kids were walking home from school, or parents who picked their kids up at school and drove home. That would be risky to have to cross a street. IMO

Can someone kindly get me up to speed?
this little girl went to school alone?
did she leave with her siblings?
When did the siblings split up? School guard never saw her.
I read a lot but missed this.
Me think Mom will/should get rid of lazy boyfriend.....

If there's work ongoing on the house, there's likely water.

And...if there was work going on then one would assume there where people (or a person) working on the house during the day. That's when handymen/contractors usually work. So that is another possibility, and he could he homeless or an SO because no one would check their background if the house was empty. I checked out the screen guys that came out to my house because I have a kid here but usually people dont do that.

I would have to agree , we don't know how many other kids were walking home from school, or parents who picked their kids up at school and drove home. That would be risky to have to cross a street. IMO

Schools usually don't let the little ones just go with out an adult, she was 7..:waitasec: unless they go by bus. :waitasec:

and asked that everyone sing her favorite song..."You are my sunshine"..

so sad..just like Kaylee Anthony

True about the song, but there is a world of difference in how Somer's mom acts as compared to the Anthony's. You can really feel the hurt and pain in Somer's moms voice. It really tears me up to hear her talk. She loves 'her baby' so much!!!! This is how I would think a mom would act that just lost her child. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ml202