FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Panthera, where did you hear that she was partially clothed? I missed that...thanks

What's so frustrating right now is she was last seen by a witness(es) in front of this vacant house, but no one saw anything happen. :banghead:

This photo from google maps shows a crossing guard on the corner of Gano & Grove Park. Somer would have walked across the crosswalk just before coming to the 1080 Gano address. The crossing guard is probably the witness who last saw Somer.
crossguardcornerofGroveparkGano.jpg

Can't find anything of substance on Charles C. Diena's live in boyfriend. A back ground check brings up 40 or so Charles C. none of which are at the right address. I would need a birth date. I'm sure LE would have cleared him by now. Just amazing, all this time I was thinking her live in friend was Sean...he happens to be a friend she had lunch with that day and asked a favor that he stay 'till the kids came home. At least that's clear for me. I think!

the crossing guard on the corner of Grove Park and Gano, an older man, is the one that told us she never made it up that far. The house the news is referring to is about two houses before this crossing, back towards the school....right across from the park

Can't find anything of substance on Charles C. Diena's live in boyfriend. A back ground check brings up 40 or so Charles C. none of which are at the right address. I would need a birth date. I'm sure LE would have cleared him by now. Just amazing, all this time I was thinking her live in friend was Sean...he happens to be a friend she had lunch with that day and asked a favor that he stay 'till the kids came home. At least that's clear for me. I think!

I can't find anything either...DOB is in the incident report posted on previous page. HTH

I've thought about it too alternating with the possibility of a SO. Some kids can be very mean and think doing something like stuffing a smaller child into a trash container is "funny". I know. One of my cats was "disposed of" in that manner as a baby (before I adopted her), but fortunately was found before she suffocated or ended up in a landfill. MOO

I'm with ya' on this. I think it may be too coincidental that the disappearance happened at almost the exact same moment as the "tiff" between the children. According to the other children, Somer ran ahead of them and disappeared. Today we are learning that these same children saw her near a vacant house. Did the story change slightly? Maybe. I know it's possible that a predator was laying in wait, but it's also possible that this was something else entirely.

IMO

can't find anything of substance on charles c. Diena's live in boyfriend. A back ground check brings up 40 or so charles c. None of which are at the right address. I would need a birth date. I'm sure le would have cleared him by now. Just amazing, all this time i was thinking her live in friend was sean...he happens to be a friend she had lunch with that day and asked a favor that he stay 'till the kids came home. At least that's clear for me. I think!
06/28/71

I hate to think this way, but you can't exclude that another child did this. A teen from the area that knew her in passing perhaps. They would be much more able to gain the trust of a child- especially if she had seen him around. They would be a lot less noticable and there have been several cases of child on child crime.

A local sex offender has more statistics to back it up, but another kid from the area is also possible.

You know Snufamonbobball (interesting nick BTW), my first gut reaction when I heard of Somer's disappearance was "a teenage boy from the neighborhood did this". No clue as to why I would get that vibe, but I agree with you - there's a possibility that the perp is another child and/or someone who has flown under the radar and escaped detection thus far.

The fact that LE seem to be focusing on TUESDAY as being the day she was dumped leads me to believe that something happened to Somer later Monday evening. I think she was discarded the following day most likely in the morning. As hard as it is to say this the SO probably raped her a few times before killing her and that is why I think she was dumped the following day. I am just thinking this because they said she was partially clothed.
Oh gosh Panthera, I am sorry, I am so mixed up tonight.....WillenFan21, please where did you hear that she was partially clothed?

I'm with ya' on this. I think it may be too coincidental that the disappearance happened at almost the exact same moment as the "tiff" between the children. According to the other children, Somer ran ahead of them and disappeared. Today we are learning that these same children saw her near a vacant house. Did the story change slightly? Maybe. I know it's possible that a predator was laying in wait, but it's also possible that this was something else entirely.

IMO
I think the part about Somer breaking away from the other kids and then meeting up with someone who killed her is what's bothering me a lot about this scenario. But for that ~ if she'd stayed with the group she would be alive right now. So was a SO perp conveniently at or near that vacant house just waiting for a little girl to walk by alone? Did she go over to, either on her own or lured to, the park? Or as you said, was it something else entirely? :( MOO

I think the part about Somer breaking away from the other kids and then meeting up with someone who killed her is what's bothering me a lot about this scenario. But for that ~ if she'd stayed with the group she would be alive right now. So was a SO perp conveniently at or near that vacant house just waiting for a little girl to walk by alone? Did she go over to, either on her own or lured to, the park? Or as you said, was it something else entirely? :( MOO

saw little boy who saw somer last.. he was on his bike .. the grandma was with him on media report and she said LE came to her house at 9:15 monday night.. little boy said he saw somer running towards those large tanks I was talking about down solomon st.. beside this house.. he said she had a big frown on her face but just thought she was upset.. so sad.. I wonder if she got away but got caught again???

cam .... those large dumpsters don't they have a special pick up for them? like you call when its full or set up like a monthly pick up? I agree I think maybe he took her somewhere else and put her in trash.. sob.....

So, the 10 year old sister confronted Somer about a fight during school, not on the way home from school??

Why did mom ask SP to stay til the kids got home? How often did she meet him for lunch at her house? Did her live in bf have a problem with this? And, who was home when the kids got home, usually? Why did she stop on the way home to pick up her older son from school?

He goes by Perry, not Charles. He has a Myspace but nothing much on it.

This photo from google maps shows a crossing guard on the corner of Gano & Grove Park. Somer would have walked across the crosswalk just before coming to the 1080 Gano address. The crossing guard is probably the witness who last saw Somer.
crossguardcornerofGroveparkGano.jpg

Do we know for a fact that there are crossing guards at these locations now or all the time? There could have been construction going on and thats why they were there back when they set up the google earth thing or because they were google earthing the whole thing, this can go way back. Do we have any locals that can tell us that there are cross guards all the time? IMO, and sorry if I missed something

saw little boy who saw somer last.. he was on his bike .. the grandma was with him on media report and she said LE came to her house at 9:15 monday night.. little boy said he saw somer running towards those large tanks I was talking about down solomon st.. beside this house.. he said she had a big frown on her face but just thought she was upset.. so sad.. I wonder if she got away but got caught again???

cam .... those large dumpsters don't they have a special pick up for them? like you call when its full or set up like a monthly pick up? I agree I think maybe he took her somewhere else and put her in trash.. sob.....
I haven't a clue if they have a special pick up or not, but there are a few in that area. The team I was on searched up behind that house, there are a few homes behind it on Solomon, then woods behind it, and yes, those very big tanks next to it....it just gives me the creeps knowing that I sat right there facing that home for over an hour to observe the kids walking home on Tuesday.....the few homes behind that house on Solomon are rather run down...the last home esp that is butted up to the woods, junk cars etc everywhere....

(respectfully snipped)
It's not sounding like she was heading directly home. :waitasec: MOO

just a question...

if you were going to be watching someones kids for the first time and they were to be home at a certain time & 1 of the children didn't show up, wouldn't you be freaking out & either running around outside looking for the child & then immediately call his/her mother to inform her that the child couldn't be found? That may take bout 30 mins total... NOT wait until the mother contacted you to find out how the kids were & you finally tell her 2 hours later. Honestly... Think bout that...

I for one am EXTRA careful when I'm watching someone elses children. I make sure I'm right there with them whether it's inside, the front yard or whatever. Maybe it's just a woman thing... I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member