FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Momtective, could you please go back to google earth and go to the left a few homes with your pic? I don't know how to do that, or I would. The home has like a picket fence all around it, lots of brush and trees...about two homes to the left of what you are showing above..

Can't find anything of substance on Charles C. Diena's live in boyfriend. A back ground check brings up 40 or so Charles C. none of which are at the right address. I would need a birth date. I'm sure LE would have cleared him by now. Just amazing, all this time I was thinking her live in friend was Sean...he happens to be a friend she had lunch with that day and asked a favor that he stay 'till the kids came home. At least that's clear for me. I think!

I'd have to go back to it, but is he listed on the police report? All witnesses b-days are listed I think....

ETA: I should read and catch up before I post.

So, the 10 year old sister confronted Somer about a fight during school, not on the way home from school??

Why did mom ask SP to stay til the kids got home? How often did she meet him for lunch at her house? Did her live in bf have a problem with this? And, who was home when the kids got home, usually? Why did she stop on the way home to pick up her older son from school?

i'm thinking Grove Park (OPAA) is probably Orange Park Athletic Association...the child probably plays sports & they take place after school...

Do we know that this is the first time Sean stayed to wait for the kids to come home? If Mom and the boyfriend worked, then who normally waited for the kids to come home? Were one of the parents usually home on time? Does someone else usually wait for the kids to come home? Or is Sean there every day when they get home?

I don't think any of that has been clarified.

NC Relatives Torn Up

A North Carolina relative of a missing girl found dead in Georgia landfill says the family is "torn up" about the confirmation of her identity.

Authorities this morning tentatively identified the body found in a landfill as that of 7-year-old Somer Thompson, a north Florida girl who disappeared on her walk home from school.

An aunt, 43-year-old Laura Holt of Graham, said this morning the child's father and other family members are upset. The girl's father, Sam Thompson, also lives in Graham but Holt says he left the house to avoid reporters.

She hopes authorities will find her niece's killer.

Holt says the killer doesn't deserve to live. She says she doesn't understand how someone could kill a child and dump her body like a piece of trash.

http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/65545347.html

just a question...

if you were going to be watching someones kids for the first time and they were to be home at a certain time & 1 of the children didn't show up, wouldn't you be freaking out & either running around outside looking for the child & then immediately call his/her mother to inform her that the child couldn't be found? That may take bout 30 mins total... NOT wait until the mother contacted you to find out how the kids were & you finally tell her 2 hours later. Honestly... Think bout that...

I for one am EXTRA careful when I'm watching someone elses children. I make sure I'm right there with them whether it's inside, the front yard or whatever. Maybe it's just a woman thing... I dunno.
You have a good point, but just the fact that he didn't regularly watch the kids, he also didn't know their habits. Yes, they all were supposed to be home, but Somer could've stopped at a friend's house and he (sitter), not knowing the kids that well (I assume) wouldn't know where to start looking. The only thing he really had to go on was what the others told him. Maybe he just didn't want to panic Somer's mom and figured she'd show up any minute. I'm a little confused though ~ was he just supposed to be there until the kids got home or until mom got home? MOO

Why on the police report does it stated for weapon hands/teeth/feet?

He goes by Perry, not Charles. He has a Myspace but nothing much on it.

Thanks - unless he has a home in Sanderson Fla. that he rents out, I can't find anything much. the birth date of this person shows '71 but not the day and month.

I tend to think that if he has been living with mom Diena and the children for some time, he's not part of this. Now I'm wondering about Sean - I wonder if this was the first time he watched the children. If so, he has terrible luck doesn't he? :waitasec:

There's a lawyer in FL who really gets around. He represented Perry's ex in a child support issue and I believe several people in the Cummings-Sheffield circle.

And now I really must take a break from all of this as I am feeling depressed and, well, I've got my own beautiful children to take care of!

:(

I would think it would mean bruises from being hit or kicked and bite marks as opposed to a knife or gun.

eta: After going back and looking at the report, I am not sure what it means. I could understand if it was marks on her body, but this was on the missing person report.

I know I've mentioned other scenarios, but I usually do not get a stranger feel in most missing kids cases and they usually end up being someone close to the kids responsible. But in this case I really feel stranger, transient, distant stalker.

OH yes, and Perry lived in Baker County practically his whole life, Maclenny and Glen Saint Mary. Ring any bells?

There's a lawyer in FL who really gets around. He represented Perry's ex in a child support issue and I believe several people in the Cummings-Sheffield circle.

And now I really must take a break from all of this as I am feeling depressed and, well, I've got my own beautiful children to take care of!

I too am going to have to say good night ~ and am praying there is a huge break tomorrow and an arrest! :seeya:

:rose: for Somer :rose:

Very odd.

You have a good point, but just the fact that he didn't regularly watch the kids, he also didn't know their habits. Yes, they all were supposed to be home, but Somer could've stopped at a friend's house and he (sitter), not knowing the kids that well (I assume) wouldn't know where to start looking. The only thing he really had to go on was what the others told him. Maybe he just didn't want to panic Somer's mom and figured she'd show up any minute. I'm a little confused though ~ was he just supposed to be there until the kids got home or until mom got home? MOO

I'm curious about that also. I did read somewhere that there was a 17 yr old babysitter that has watched the kids before. Maybe for some reason, the normal babysitter wouldn't be available so DT asked SP if he could watch them. I totally understand the not wanting to panic anyone but we know from reports that Somer did this sometimes and their were #s on the fridge to call of her friends homes. The 17 yr old babysitter also stated that Somer had places she would go but they didn't know where but that she liked treehouses & pools (IIRC). The way I feel is... this child is only 7 yrs old. If she didn't go straight home after school, she should have been punished. 7 yr olds don't make the rules. My heart breaks for her family...it really does & I'm devastated that this has happened to such an innocent child.

And I hope she used them all and fought like mad, kicking his peanuts, scratching him like mad and biting the hell out of whoever did this to her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member