FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... sounds like the guy who took jaycee dugard...

he just had a facination with bondange guess it didn't matter what age..

I am sure this same sick fits the bill. He already did the deed. It is time to bring him in to the big man... SO LET'S BRING HIM IN!

Who are you talking about?

any word on LE still questioning this jerk? IMO if LE still has hold of him - must be a reason - especially since LE said they cleared all the RSO's in the "immediate" neighborhood - he didn't live in the "immediate" neighborhood but he KNEW this house and its proximity to the elementary school. Could this be they guy?

OK i am way behind but who are they questioning please? whats this guys name?

I wondered why there were so many sex offenders. Maybe they have them miscategorized. Being 19 and dating a 16 year old makes him a sex offender??? Good Lord, that's ridiculous to stick him with sex offender status fo the rest of his life.

Don't they have levels or classes of sex offenders?

Unfourtantley...not Really. Someone as you said above being 19 dating a 16 year old , if charged is put right there with all the really bad sleaze bags it is a screwed up system and needs alot of kinks worked out of it...

I wondered why there were so many sex offenders. Maybe they have them miscategorized. Being 19 and dating a 16 year old makes him a sex offender??? Good Lord, that's ridiculous to stick him with sex offender status fo the rest of his life.

Yes they do. I wonder what class hes is, does anyone know?

On the O'Reilly he had Geraldo on. Geraldo was saying that he has an idea how to classify these RSO but I lost power do to storm and did not hear what he had to say. Did anyone hear it?

Yeah... sounds like the guy who took jaycee dugard...

he just had a facination with bondange guess it didn't matter what age..

I am sure this same sick fits the bill. He already did the deed. It is time to bring him in to the big man... SO LET'S BRING HIM IN!

I'll driive !!!!!!!

I found the court records for George V's charge for L&L Act/Sexual Battery.
https://showcase.duvalclerk.com/SearchForCases.aspx

I hope posting this is OK.

I tried to link directly to the case info, but it wouldn't work. Just type in his name, and choose 'Felony' from the CASE TYPE drop down box.
Strange that his DOB is one day off from the FDLE SO registry.

That's the third birthday I've seen for him. He was charged with another sex offense in Oct. 2002. No plea entered and was dismissed on Oct. 29th with no reason. I get the feeling this guy knows how to keep from being pinned down.

I am pretty sure that the reason they don't want Somer's mom seeing her body is b.c of how badly she was killed. Jane Velez Mitchell made a comment on her show tonight that police know the cause of death but are not saying due to the crime being so heinous. I don't know if anyone else caught that tonight but I did.

Who are you talking about?
well the in suspicion of course. My point is that a perp can cross age categories and confuse the heck out of profilers in the process. This construction RSO had a tie to the house they are currently searching. I personally don't take that lightly at all as I am sure none of us does.

KIMster! I suspect this has been posted, 'cause I haven't read through the threads completely. But I went to one of the local stations' websites: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=147076&catid=3. They posted about the creation of MAP, by the mothers in the community. There's a video report on that link. I like what the moms are thinking; purple's going to be their "safe" color. If a child has trouble, they'll know that they can safely go to someone displaying something purple. (Purple was Somer's favorite color.) I think what they're planning is a grand idea. And one that could be embraced by all communities. I did notice in one of the blogs a link to M.A.P. -- but it's another M.A.P. -- aimed at internet predators. The MAP in Orange Park is supposed to be "Moms Against Predators." The posted link on the First News blog is to Mothers Against Predators. I'm going to be standing in line for the new organization, as a mom and a grandmom. I'd encourage everyone else to do the same.

I remember something similar when I was a child. It was called "Helping Hands." If you were a member you displayed a yellow hand shaped placard in your front window.

Melissa

I think I'm going to put the Chee's arce to bed - good night eveyone

I am pretty sure that the reason they don't want Somer's mom seeing her body is b.c of how badly she was killed. Jane Velez Mitchell made a comment on her show tonight that police know the cause of death but are not saying due to the crime being so heinous. I don't know if anyone else caught that tonight but I did.
I caught that and I agree...... :furious:

Anyone hear on NG tonight about a group of people getting together, and telling the kids that when they see someone in purple, that it is safe to go to that person?? Like a foundation of some sort?

Seen this yet?

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=147134&catid=3

*snipped

ORANGE PARK, FL -- First Coast News spoke to the parents who say their child was almost abducted about two weeks before Somer Thompson disappeared. They visited Somer's home to pay their respects and visit Diena, Somer's mom.

The parents tell First Coast News' Monica Landeros their 5-year-old was approached by three people in a car just a block from the vacant home on Gano Avenue being investigated.

Little Kaylee Randle signed a poster for Somer Thompson. Her parents feel a bond with the Thompsons, because they believe Kaylee Randle was almost abducted two weeks before Somer was murdered.

"We were having a yard sale and she was riding her bike and she just took off," said Kaylee's father James Brothroyd.

Police say that's when the girl said three people in a car tried to lure her inside.

James said the people spoke to Kaylee, saying "your mom wants us to take you home, get in the car."

Parents James and April said a passerby scared away the car. They reported it to police, but they say a warning was never put out in the neighborhood.

"It's outrageous to me nothing was done!" added James.

The family is all the more concerned because they live down the block from the vacant house being investigated on Gano Ave.

April, Kaylee's mother, said "My daughter hasn't been outside by herself. My son is 10, we used to let them be outside, we don't do that no more."

The Clay County Sheriff's Department was initially looking for a blue car, but several days ago, they believed it had nothing to do with Somer's Disappearance.

Still, the parents say if an alert had been put out a few weeks ago, maybe parents here would have been more vigilant and Somer would still be safe at home.

Hi Paulette - if Vinsin used force when trying to get a 16yo to have sex that would be important to know, especially if it turned into rape. Anger with violence is a huge indicator of future sex deviations.

You're so right - they need categories of pedophiles that make sense; putting them all under the umbrella of 'sex offender' is outright wrong, wastes time, and destroys lives. mho

Most of the 16 year old/19 year old cases that end up with the guy as a RSO involve forcible acts. So IMO most of them should be categorized as a SO just as much as a rapist should be.

BUT, I think there should be a separate registry of child predators. Registered Child Molesters. As a woman I check the RSO lists because to me, having a convicted, violent rapist on my block is something I want to know about - but I can imagine parents are more concerned about child predators.

Part of his sentencing was he had to pay for counseling for his victim, no contact with victim or unsupervised contact with children - I might be wrong but I don't think they normally do that for a 19 and 16 yr old having a relationship.

Anyone hear on NG tonight about a group of people getting together, and telling the kids that when they see someone in purple, that it is safe to go to that person?? Like a foundation of some sort?

Yeah, I didn't quite understand what the neighbor was saying, but something about these people would be at every "checkpoint" on the childs way home from school as like a safe-haven so children and their parents felt safe with them walking home from school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member