FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of you remember in the Haylee Donathan case, IIRC, Robbie Potter was classified as a Tier 3 offender? I believe this is the only time I've seen a tier level attached to these guys.

Just a question for all ya. Why is LE not releasing the cause of death? I wonder if she was shot or strangled with a cord or something then.

Mothers against predators is the group that is wearing purple and being at the checkpoints

Do any of you remember in the Haylee Donathan case, IIRC, Robbie Potter was classified as a Tier 3 offender? I believe this is the only time I've seen a tier level attached to these guys.

Wasn't that the case in Ohio? The bank robber + pedophile who ended up picking avocados in orchards - and the FBI labeled him as dangerous! I've never been so wrong in a case as that one...lol. The state he was from has a great and unique way of categorizing pedophiles.

Still, the parents say if an alert had been put out a few weeks ago, maybe parents here would have been more vigilant and Somer would still be safe at home.

snipped

This came out the 1st day & NO excuse for NO alert..NONE!

We've all been praising local le for a fine job but the truth is these parents are probably right..My guess is le knows it too & this is why they want the perp so bad.

First Coast News is still the only news source reporting that GV is being questioned in the case and it's been 7 hours since they first reported that.

Depends on whether it's group or individual. individual he would see a counselor and talk about all of his urges and sexual desires. When they started, who they featured, when he did notice the difference between boys and girls, what does he label himself.
Group counseling, pretty much the same. Except its a group setting, so they can all share in the other's lovely ideas and add other people's crimes and fantasies into their mental catalogue. Whoever came up with that one was not thinking very clearly.

Thank you! I totally agree! Even the 1 on 1 counseling turns into a catch-22: the pedophile can talk about his urges all he wants, can outline fantasies, and unless he specifically points out a specific child - or one that can be reasonably identified ("my nextdoor neighbor"), the therapist can't go to the police.

I think the depo shot for chemical castration is the best way for them to get over their "urges."

Wasn't that the case in Ohio? The bank robber + pedophile who ended up picking avocados in orchards - and the FBI labeled him as dangerous! I've never been so wrong in a case as that one...lol. The state he was from has a great and unique way of categorizing pedophiles.

Yes, that is correct. Ohio, avacados, etc!! I like Ohio's system, it's an easy, informative way to categorize these crimes. A quick glance at the tier level and you know right off how dangerous the offender may or may not be.

Interesting statement by a blogger regarding George V.

Page 8 of comments under article by hippiegurl
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=147122&catid=3

Hmmm.....Back to confusion for me.

This blogger states that GV was cleared ... how could he have been cleared within about 10 hrs.??? taking his dna , evidence , the house evidence etcc.. I just can 't see him being cleared yet.. why didn't he go on tv himself and say this is he is so innocent?? Instead of hiding like the sob he is and letting his sister talk to reporters.. Stand up like a man instead of a guilty RSO.... I want to hear LE say he is cleared.. not some blogger or his sister or brother .. him or the LE..

Also, I couldn't get that site loaded to look at those charges.. It just sat and circled for 5min each time I tried .. was it important info ? TIA

First Coast News is still the only news source reporting that GV is a POI and it's been 7 hours since they first reported that.

Wow - I didn't know he was named a POI! Did they name him a POI tonight? TIA

Great ideas fran - the problem is that every state has its own criteria and wording. Nationalizing a uniform directory of offenders would be so helpful to everyone.

You're absolutely right! They need to 'NATIONALIZE A UNIFORM DIRECTORY' AND 'UNIFORM' all of the input.

I'm sorry, but with everything these days, they make it difficult to follow, with all of the fine print. They need to make it simple.........It REALLY wouldn't be that hard!

ONE CENTRAL location to input ALL cases that fit into a category, ie missing and 'found' (deceased), age, circumstance. How difficult would that be?

This is happening WAY too MUCH. I'm so upset from this week! It's TOO MUCH!

My son called me last night and asked me if I was following the case (meaning Somer), I burst into tears and he understood. You can see I've spent many hours here, WS, but it doesn't get any easier. I can't imagine being one of these parents or LE. Never in my wildest,.................NIGHTMARES!

Somthing has to CHANGE. This is UNacceptable. These precious children, OUR future, do NOT deserve this. We MUST do SOMETHING. SAY something! MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

Ok, I'm going to sign off for now. Let's figure out what is wrong, what needs to be fixed, and let our voices and ideas be heard.

You can make a difference!

JMHO
fran

I don't know if this is the right thread for what I want to say. If not, if another Somer T thread would be better, someone please direct me there....

First off, let me say, I feel like I going to sound like a bad person for this post, but I can't help myself.....

Somer's mom reminds me of Susan S.

In many other cases, much is made of the parents reactions (as IF there is such a thing as a "normal" reaction). And the first thing that seems to be pointed out is "crying/sobbing without benefit of real tears" Does it bother anyone else than Somer's Mom cries and sobs, yet never produces tears? She doesn't even try to fake it, by wiping her eyes, or blowing her nose....Anyone? And is the amount of time she spends in front of the news cameras bother anyone else???????

That's all I'll say about it for now. But can anyone relate to my uneasy feeling about Somer's Mom? If it's just me, then point it out, like I said, I feel bad for even mentioning it, but I can't help the uneasy way I feel....

Just a question for all ya. Why is LE not releasing the cause of death? I wonder if she was shot or strangled with a cord or something then.

Oh, they will keep the COD close to the vest until the time they have a specific suspect under arrest. They won't give anything away that might compromise their investigation. There are certain interrogation strategies with suspects/POI that could lead to answers that are only known by LE and the murderer.

Have we found the offender who has a white van who lives on Bay Circle, which is RIGHT BEHIND (.01 mile) the 1080 Gano address? I know we don't know they're specifically looking for one, but I heard that the other RSO was driving one and a white van was mentioned on the news yesterday. If we've seen this and I'm having a brain fart just kick me.

http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/flyer.do?personId=66005

This blogger states that GV was cleared ... how could he have been cleared within about 10 hrs.??? taking his dna , evidence , the house evidence etcc.. I just can 't see him being cleared yet.. why didn't he go on tv himself and say this is he is so innocent?? Instead of hiding like the sob he is and letting his sister talk to reporters.. Stand up like a man instead of a guilty RSO.... I want to hear LE say he is cleared.. not some blogger or his sister or brother .. him or the LE..

Also, I couldn't get that site loaded to look at those charges.. It just sat and circled for 5min each time I tried .. was it important info ? TIA

Try this link. You have to type in his name, info, etc...
https://showcase.duvalclerk.com/SearchForCases.aspx

If it doesn't work, try this
https://showcase.duvalclerk.com/

You'll have to click on "Case Inquiry" and go from there...

Have we found the offender who has a white van who lives on Bay Circle, which is RIGHT BEHIND (.01 mile) the 1080 Gano address? I know we don't know they're specifically looking for one, but I heard that the other RSO was driving one and a white van was mentioned on the news yesterday. If we've seen this and I'm having a brain fart just kick me.

http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/flyer.do?personId=66005

I wonder where he gets his hair done???? lol Wonder if he admires p. spector? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member