FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nicely said Chicana..

I remember those pills for when Grand - daughter passed.. I felt numb.. daughter did too.. I don't know name of them.... they were really tiny tho..

I might be missing something, but this mom seems overcome with grief to me. When I saw her on the news before the body was found, I became upset that they would keep her on camera as long as they did with how upset she was. She seems to be in shock and she's angry and when these emotions take over, the tears may stop flowing.

I'll never look to take the easy way out after what happened to Jaycee Dugard's stepfather. That man lived a life of hell because of all the blame that was cast on him for so long. I have to think of that before I jump to a conclusion. :banghead: JMO

Have we still not heard anything about the mother's boyfriend?:waitasec:

Very nicely said Chicana..

I remember those pills for when Grand - daughter passed.. I felt numb.. daughter did too.. I don't know name of them.... they were really tiny tho..

I'm so sorry for your loss. I feel sick just thinking about losing one of my kids.
I hope your daughter's ok.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I feel sick just thinking about losing one of my kids.
I hope your daughter's ok.

Thank you Chicana ... yes, she is doing good.. its been 14yrs and was stillborn .. but still was a little loved one that should still be here playing ipods and laughing.. her younger sister make us smile daily and our darling will never be forgotten.. when visiting the grave to this day is so hard.. like it was yesterday..

Reading some reviews --- many patients reported they were unable to cry when taking Celexa or lexapro.

New video from channel 4 in Jacksonville I haven't see posted:
http://www.news4jax.com/video/21409125/index.html

GV's brother, James, is interviewed. He contacted the TV station because he's worried about his business reputation. The reporter says the brother told him GV never worked at the house and was at their mother's house when Somer disappeared. He confirms that DNA swabs were taken from him, his helper and GV (who goes by Chris).

The report also says the police asked Diena not to view Somer's body so you can imagine what that unfortunately means.

I don't think mom had anything to do with it, but I noticed the lack of tears too.
If I were in her shoes (God forbid), I'd need drugs. Valium,zanax, whatever they'd give me to keep me from a total breakdown.
She's either cried out or taking something that makes it difficult to produce tears. I know I've heard of that side effect with certain meds, but I don't remember which ones.
I don't know if I'm as strong as she is, I can't imaging living without them.
And knowing they suffered would be more than I could bear.
I hope I could be like her. Since she can no longer live for Somer, she's living to make sure Somer didn't die in vain and that her death doesn't go unpunished.
I think she might be out 'in public' because she's afraid to be alone.
She's trying to keep herself going for Somer.

Or, I don't know what I'm talking about and should stop psycho-analyzing total strangers.

Na, na, na, na, NO! Don't stop!!! This is what I was asking for. Asking for people to help me see Somer's Mom more clearly. Nobody's convinced me yet, but....

There was a case, maybe last year, or the year before, where a little 4 1/2-5 year old girl (with single mom) was abducted from her front yard, and IIRC, was playing with a (male?) playmate who was able to provide a really accurate description of her abductor, and then, the little girls body was found like 36 hours later on the side of a big hill. A California case. Anyway, her Mom was very open with the media too....If you said her or her mom's name I'd go "yeah, that's it".

Anyway, maybe Somer's Mom is just another really strong woman like this little girl's Mother was, but, till I learn more, she's number one suspect on my list based on her demeanor. Again, I HOPE I am way opff base.

But, wasn't her mother at work (I remember the news saying she called home from work at 4pm to see if the kids were home, or something, found out she was missing and called the police and came home.....or, I could be wrong)? I'm sure that has been verified by now if she truly was or not.

Anyway, maybe Somer's Mom is just another really strong woman like this little girl's Mother was, but, till I learn more, she's number one suspect on my list based on her demeanor. Again, I HOPE I am way opff base.

Na, na, na, na, NO! Don't stop!!! This is what I was asking for. Asking for people to help me see Somer's Mom more clearly. Nobody's convinced me yet, but....

There was a case, maybe last year, or the year before, where a little 4 1/2-5 year old girl (with single mom) was abducted from her front yard, and IIRC, was playing with a (male?) playmate who was able to provide a really accurate description of her abductor, and then, the little girls body was found like 36 hours later on the side of a big hill. A California case. Anyway, her Mom was very open with the media too....If you said her or her mom's name I'd go "yeah, that's it".

Those are pretty strong words for a mother who has just lost her daughter. The mother was at work, and I'm very sure LE knows this. The father doesn't live in the same town.

My husbands brother was killed two years ago and it made the news in the state of texas. My inlaws was interviewed a LOT and each time they held it together and leaned on their faith to keep them strong. My husband would cry a lot but he would do so in the privacy of our home or when we was alone. They wanted to be strong n their faith and wanted to be strong for others that was watching ( for for my husbands brothers children for our children). You may even be surprised that his parents does not wish the killer any ill will they just want him to come forward and pay the price for the crime he did. ( he has still not been caught) their was witnesses but still no arrest.

You never ever know how your react until it has happened to you and even if God forbid it has happened to you that does not mean your react in the same way as someone else has and THATS OK. I don't think somers mom had anything to do with the murder of her daughter. I believe she is leaning on her faith and staying strong for her children.

I would just like to know why Somer's father has not seen any of the children for 2 yrs.???? I don't want to start anything .. not saying he is a bad father.. On one of his media clips they held up a picture he has of all 4 of the children from 2 yrs ago.. and he stated he hasn't seen them for 2 yrs.. It is really not that far from his house to theirs.. why no summer visits?? other holiday's??

Just seems like we are overlooking the big pink elephant in the room.. he is never discussed hardly at all... Is there just nothing to talk about , we should just ignore the fact Somer had a father ??? TIA

Please , don't get all angry and please don't jump down my back... I just am curious .. that is all..

I would just like to know why Somer's father has not seen any of the children for 2 yrs.???? I don't want to start anything .. not saying he is a bad father.. On one of his media clips they held up a picture he has of all 4 of the children from 2 yrs ago.. and he stated he hasn't seen them for 2 yrs.. It is really not that far from his house to theirs.. why no summer visits?? other holiday's??

Just seems like we are overlooking the big pink elephant in the room.. he is never discussed hardly at all... Is there just nothing to talk about , we should just ignore the fact Somer had a father ??? TIA

Please , don't get all angry and please don't jump down my back... I just am curious .. that is all..

Somer's father is disabled. Although the article below does not state this, I think I recall he is in a wheelchair. This article references his disability when thrown from a truck in Iraq. "Sammy" currently lives with his sister. Maybe caring for three young chilren was too much for him.

http://www.thetimesnews.com/news/thompson-29065-girl-members.html

An aunt from NC was on Nancy Grace last night and said the dad was in a car accident and had just had knee surgery that involved lots of pins and rods. He was not to put weight on the leg for three months. That is why he is currently in a wheelchair.

I don't recall her saying the accident was in Iraq or service related....IDK.

Reading some reviews --- many patients reported they were unable to cry when taking Celexa or lexapro.

Sorry chicana- your post seemed like a good one to quote. No reflection on you.

Come on now people. Don't make me pull teeth or hairs....HOW many cases have went down where YOU ALL were ALL OVER the parents for not "reacting correctly". Casey A cried without tears, you all tore her a new b***. Remember?

What is the difference here??? My GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! Her baby girl has only been dead for 5 friggin days now? Shouldn't her attention be on her surviving children? She acts like she as all the time the world to devote to press conference and appearances. When she does appear on TV , shouldn't her loud, squeaky sobs be accomanied by WET TEARS?????????????????? And WHAT'S UP with that slight constant smirk on her face???? I cannot be the only person here who notices it?

You all know, that IF, come Monday morning, you turn on the news and learn that the focus is now on her own home, 100's will suddenly come out of the woodwork and say, gee, I thought it strange that she cried and sobbed with DRY EYES!

I just happen to have the balls to say what some might be thinking ALOUD. As stated, I HOPE that I am wrong. But, I can't explain to myself why this woman unnerves me the way she does.

IMO, it's possible that Somer's father hasn't seen his children since 2006 might be because he was serving his country in Iraq.

In the article here: http://www.thetimesnews.com/news/thompson-29065-girl-members.html

it indicates:
Sam Thompson, who is Somer Thompson’s father, lives in Graham. When Somer Thompson and her siblings lived with him here in 2006, she attended Alexander Wilson Elementary School. She had been living with her mother and siblings in Orange Park, a suburb of Jacksonville

It's possible that Somer's father might have had custody of the children before he was deployed to Iraq.

Come on now people. Don't make me pull teeth or hairs....HOW many cases have went down where YOU ALL were ALL OVER the parents for not "reacting correctly". Casey A cried without tears, you all tore her a new b***. Remember?

What is the difference here??? My GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! Her baby girl has only been dead for 5 friggin days now? Shouldn't her attention be on her surviving children? She acts like she as all the time the world to devote to press conference and appearances. When she does appear on TV , shouldn't her loud, squeaky sobs be accomanied by WET TEARS?????????????????? And WHAT'S UP with that slight constant smirk on her face???? I cannot be the only person here who notices it?

You all know, that IF, come Monday morning, you turn on the news and learn that the focus is now on her own home, 100's will suddenly come out of the woodwork and say, gee, I thought it strange that she cried and sobbed with DRY EYES!

I just happen to have the balls to say what some might be thinking ALOUD. As stated, I HOPE that I am wrong. But, I can't explain to myself why this woman unnerves me the way she does.

I also have noticed her affect. She seems to regain her composure too quickly from her bouts of breaking down at appearing to cry and dab at her eyes.

I noticed this the very first time I saw her on tv and every interview since. I know that everyone does grieve in different ways, but I also think she needs to be at home with her other children and helping to to cope with this.

Lady Sleuth
jmho

FWIW,, Ripley, the woman gives me the same vibes, but I'm reluctant to attribute her behavior to guilt in Somer's death. As for the lack of tears, sometimes the knowledge that you are being watched and expected to cry will cause a person to do just the opposite. I've experienced that myself after the death of loved ones. It's a self-conscious response. I also agree with Chicana's post about antidepressants. They suppress empathic responses, thus the dry cry. IMO, it's quite possible that medication is responsible for much of the seemingly unusual or detached attitude we've observed, right down to the inappropriate "smirk".

Mom is so not involved in her daughter's death. She is - as I would be - most likely taking some medication to get through this.

She. is. devastated. And that is very clear to me.

Chris V.? I'm don't know why, but I'm just not feeling that he is the perp.

I want to hear more about Clayton G. He gave incorrect info for his employment and address to LE on the police report, he absconded and now he is in Texas. There may be a valid explanation for all of this but I'm just not feelling good about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member