FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I am looking for the video, I might be on the right one not sure yet but LISTEN to what reporter says a 40 seconds - am I delusional? Is that a confirmation?

http://www.news4jax.com/video/index.html

Well shoot, listen to the entire thing!!!! All good stuff.

4:00-5:00 SP texts Diena (Somer didn’t come home from school) Diena leaves work, goes to OPAA to get Andrew and flags down officer Coan
4pm Diena texts SP not the other way around per police report.

Maz

ETA:
Going back and re-reading the police report again the officer has conflicting statements. He states that SP texts Diena at 4pm then further down he states that Diena texts SP at 4pm to see how the kids are doing. I'm somewhat confused by this. :waitasec:

Maz

Re the timeline posted by momtective, Diena stops to pick up older brother, AT. That also is in the police report.

Am using sister's laptop to pop in and out of here ... was hoping for more information being released by LE.

I just got home from 5 days with NO INTERNET...........drove me crazy!
I'm trying to catch up............I've been watching HLN/Fox
still no monster caught? any POI?

I've been there on a few occasions...I feel your pain...and your elation to finally be back online! Welcome back!:crazy:

OK, if Gano is that long and straight, and the kids were just a few minutes behind her....then how did she make it all the way to that house without them seeing her? Like posted, it is a very straight road, and they should have been able to see her running ahead. If not...wouldn't they become concerned?
If so, then they would also have seen her go into that house, or be grabbed...so Somer must have been OFF Gano when taken.
Does that make sense?
Anyone in particular to look at on one of the offshoot roads?

I know I had posted last night about the kids reporting last seeing Somer closer to their residence versues the house on Gano. I obtained this info online from one of the news casts. Sorry, I didn't post a link. I will try to find it now.

I happened to save this link....

This map was part of a newstory I was reading one day this past week...it's quite a blurr....but it actually shows her as last seen at Gano & Debarry...not sure where they got that info (or where i got the map for that matter)...I will try to figure it out. If any one else finds my source before me, please let me know (TIA)

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=111863714745050598240.0004765e532c848d34be2&source=embed&t=h&ll=30.519681,-80.955505&spn=1.381755,2.903137&z=9

Re the timeline posted by momtective, Diena stops to pick up older brother, AT. That also is in the police report.

Am using sister's laptop to pop in and out of here ... was hoping for more information being released by LE.

Maz

Per the police report:

SP states that A Thompson and S Thompson arrived home at about 3:10 he asked where Somer was and was told what occurred He instructs A Thomspson to go look for her, she comes back 15 minutes later he instructs her to go back out and look for her real good before he calls her mother. Diena texts SP at 4pm to ask how the children were, he states Somer is not home and that A Thompson is looking for her. SP states that around 5pm Diena's boyfriend C Currier comes home from work. SP says that C Currier left shortly thereafter to look for Somer.

C. Currier received a call from Diena around 4:20 asking him to get off work and help find Somer. He then left work and drove to residence. He states he arrived at residence at about 5pm. He picked up Somer's twin and proceeded to search for Somer.

Above paraphrased by me. View report for exact wording.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2009m10d23-Read-police-report-from-Somer-Thompson-case

Maz

This is all in the timeline. Thanks

Maz

Right. IIRC, Diena texted him asking how the kids were, and he responded with Somer didn't come home with the other kids, and AT is out looking for her.
(paraphrased)

I happened to save this link....

This map was part of a newstory I was reading one day this past week...it's quite a blurr....but it actually shows her as last seen at Gano & Debarry...not sure where they got that info (or where i got the map for that matter)...I will try to figure it out. If any one else finds my source before me, please let me know (TIA)

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=111863714745050598240.0004765e532c848d34be2&source=embed&t=h&ll=30.519681,-80.955505&spn=1.381755,2.903137&z=9

Thanks for the map! I know I also heard it while watching one of the news casts. Unable to find it but I know it was the lady in the grey suit that reported it.

Did anyone catch the reporting on that last link? She calls it "the crime scene" but yet later in their cast they act unsure and say they are very careful as to what they are telling us. Was that a freudian slip or bad reporting?

I can somewhat see him sending AT to look. She would most likely have been more familiar with the area, where Somer might go, the route Somer would take, etc.

I've been there on a few occasions...I feel your pain...and your elation to finally be back online! Welcome back!:crazy:

Thanks, I REALLY missed everyone!
This case is making me crazy!
All I can think of is the kids were all playing around
on the way home and not paying attention to Somer
on the way home.
Somer may of played hiding from them near that house?
and someone she knew in a way lured her in????

3:10 Abi arrived home, I’m assuming Somer’s twin brother S. was with her but I haven't determined if A _ _ _ _ _ was.

This is why I posted the part about Diena picking AT, the older brother, up ...

btw, when I create a Who's Who, I was instructed to refer to minors by initials only. I don't know if that is the case with the siblings since they have been mentioned in media and police reports, but thought I'd pass it on.

Tara, I have to thank you again. That map REALLY puts into perspective how far that walk actually is for a 7 year old. And being by herself I could see how that presents endless opportunity for this sicko!

Welcome Back Passion!!!

Can you guys give me a list of the of roads she would have taken? I want to try Google Earth & see what i can come up with.

OK, if Gano is that long and straight, and the kids were just a few minutes behind her....then how did she make it all the way to that house without them seeing her? Like posted, it is a very straight road, and they should have been able to see her running ahead. If not...wouldn't they become concerned?
If so, then they would also have seen her go into that house, or be grabbed...so Somer must have been OFF Gano when taken.
Does that make sense?
Anyone in particular to look at on one of the offshoot roads?
This was after school let out so there were many kids on the sidewalk, they could have easily lost her in the crowd. Having said that I think it's also possible she could have taken a side road or slipped off behind the tanks or a house etc without her siblings seeing her.

MOO

Maz

I just watched a video about Vinson construction had been working there that day?
What time did they quit working?
How many workers?
and his brother is a RSO?
But he claims NEVER to be at that house?
Is that believeable?
Has this been sleuthed?
TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads