FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you but the link I am looking for is from here. Someone posted here that Somer's siblings stated they last saw her closer to home instead of in front of the vacant house. It was mentioned that she could have double backed to the vacant house if what her siblings said was accurate. That is the link that is needed.

ETA: Here is the link and the post I was referring to. The poster provided no link either.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL-Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park thread #6

Maz

Not sure if there is where that posters info came from but the wording used in AMW's case profile states her siblings last saw Somer taking a right towards home.
http://www.amw.com/missing_children/case.cfm?id=68853

Nothing in my opinion but others feel he still needs looking at.

Maz

I don't necessarily think SP did it, but I can absolutely understand why people would go there. Sent the kids out for an hour. Only texted mom when she texted him first. I personally don't think that he had enough time to incapacitate Somer given that the other kids could be back any second, but he bears looking at IMO.

It's your first time watching the kids and one doesn't come home. You don't call mom and don't assist in the immediate search. It casts an eye your way, I think. Of course, the other kids could have said something like "She was mad at us and ran ahead. She's fine--just being bratty." or something. Something to make him think it was no big deal.

Of course, I'm not at all convinced this was a SO, either. Before poor Elizabeth in MO, I thought this could be a juvenile suspect. But what are the odds? I don't know.

I don't think of it necessarily as a confession, but often the last known person to see a victim alive is also the primary suspect. In this case, it could just be that no one else (besides the perp) saw her after Kyle did. I would also think though if Kyle does exist, LE either has talked to him or definitely wants to now. MOO
I'm pretty sure they took a DNA swab from Kyle. The guy that owns the contracting service, James V., said that LE took swabs from him and his assistant because they both worked on the house. I'm assuming Kyle is his assistant.

Not sure if there is where that posters info came from but the wording used in AMW's case profile states her siblings last saw Somer taking a right towards home.

Thanks for the link. It states she turned a corner but not the direction.

Cops say Somer and another child got in an argument and Somer ran ahead of them.
She was within sight until she turned a corner toward home and the kids say they never saw her after that.

BBM one could easily assume that meant right but it really doesn't state that.

Maz

:cow:

I believe there was a crossing guard at Gano and Dewberry. What did he say about which way she went?

thanks - Oh, I remember now, this guy has a woman with him named Debbie A. R. also her name is one of his tattoos. He has a couple birth dates, addresses and ages. This sicko has an an offense with a child of 6yo. I can hardly stand to look at his pic. mho

Hello Eyes, This is the SO in the Forensic Astro thread. Do you remember where you read about "an offense with a child of 6yo." I haven't seen anything on the specifics of the crime.

I believe there was a crossing guard at Gano and Dewberry. What did he say about which way she went?

I found this:
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/mostpopular/news-article.aspx?storyid=146988&provider=top#

snipped...ORANGE PARK, FL -- One of three crossing guards Somer Thompson should have passed on her walk home from school Monday afternoon didn't see the young girl walk by the day she disappeared.

The Orange Park police officer who oversees the crossing guards says the first two, who were closest to the school, aren't sure if they saw Somer.

The first crossing station is just steps away from Grove Park Elementary, at Miller Street and West Gano Avenue. The second is about a half-mile down West Gano. At the third stop, another 2/10-mile down Gano, the crossing guard "is confident she didn't see Somer."

None of the crossing guards would talk on camera. We tracked Somer's routine walk home from school and it's exactly one mile.

I remember reading that she never arrived at the Debarry crossing guard.

I believe I read that the burnt house is the crime scene. So what time do the contractors work there? What time were they done? I don't believe Somer would stay away from home until dark. So I would really like to know what time the contractors were done working. How many were working there that day? Did any others come in and see where they're at? Electrical, etc. The time between the end of their workday and the fact that it was the crime scene is important, I think. Really, who would being Somer there with contractors there? So some arrangement must have been made with Somer to get her to wait and come there? Or what is the scenario for that to be the crime scene?

I believe I read that the burnt house is the crime scene. So what time do the contractors work there? What time were they done? I don't believe Somer would stay away from home until dark. So I would really like to know what time the contractors were done working. How many were working there that day? Did any others come in and see where they're at? Electrical, etc. The time between the end of their workday and the fact that it was the crime scene is important, I think. Really, who would being Somer there with contractors there? So some arrangement must have been made with Somer to get her to wait and come there? Or what is the scenario for that to be the crime scene?
I haven't read where it was officially declared the crime scene but I understand your question.

What time was it when Somer was there and spoke with the workers? This would certainly help to try to pin down her steps.

If this is indeed the crime scene then someone had to have taken her after she was last seen there and then at some point bring her back after the workers left for the day.

Good catch, thank you.

Maz

If we believe that there were people there working on the house that day and believe that the house is the primary crime scene (dump being secondary), that means we have to believe that either she was killed by one or all of the people at the house that day, or that she was grabbed by someone before she reached that house and taken there later, after the search for her was in full swing.
Which keeps bringing me back to one major problem, we keep talking about the perp as he. There is no reason that the perp couldn't be a them.

The exact wording does not say RIGHT turn...

SNIPPED...She was within sight until she turned a corner toward home and the kids say they never saw her after that.

Well.....thank you for bolded correction.

If we believe that there were people there working on the house that day and believe that the house is the primary crime scene (dump being secondary), that means we have to believe that either she was killed by one or all of the people at the house that day, or that she was grabbed by someone before she reached that house and taken there later, after the search for her was in full swing.
Which keeps bringing me back to one major problem, we keep talking about the perp as he. There is no reason that the perp couldn't be a them.
I follow what you are saying but if she indeed did speak to the workers then she was probably seen or heard by someone else there on site. This would tell me that she was taken after she was last seen there and then possibly returned. I agree that this could have been committed by more than one person but am leaning more towards a single perp at this time.

Maz

Hi Not my kids, Do we know what time Somer would have reached the burned out house? I know here if it is not a regular construction team they don't always work a strict 8 hours. They might have been gone by the time she reached the house.

Has anything been said in a link that this SO worker was interrogated by LE? On HLN last night they said they must have found something at that house to spend the time they have taking evidence from it. xox

Wouldn't more than one person actually make more sense?
The time frame is so tight, that it would have been hard (definitely not impossible, but hard) for one person to pull this off, without anyone actually seeing the grab or disappearance. But 2 people get stuff done twice as fast.

OK, I'll be honest..haven't looked at all the maps as there are so many...but I have a question.
If the school is on Gano, and the burned house is on Gano....wouldn't she pass that house to turn the corner? If so, then that corner would be the last place seen, not the house, correct?
Or did she turn a corner then go back to the house?
ugh, confusing

Hi Not my kids, Do we know what time Somer would have reached the burned out house? I know here if it is not a regular construction team they don't always work a strict 8 hours. They might have been gone by the time she reached the house.

Has anything been said in a link that this SO worker was interrogated by LE? On HLN last night they said they must have found something at that house to spend the time they have taking evidence from it. xox
I'm not sure what time she would have gotten there, especially since she was running and may have detoured a little on the way there. I don't know what the hours were for the crew that day, although I'd love to.
This is another place where the statement of "Kyle" messes things up a little more. Because if his statement is true, then the workers were definitely at that house when she went past.

I am so freakin confused right now, I like to start with a basis in fact, and that is so hard to do when some of the really important info can't be verified.

Regarding the hours of construction workers, they do vary particularly if they are more of a handyman. They may do things after a regular job schedule or on the weekend, or even work on 2-3 jobs at time and move between them during the day. We once hired a handyman to do some painting for us on a house we had just moved out of and were getting ready to sell. We went over one morning to check on things, and tripped over him sleeping in front of the door (passed out was more like it). He did NOT have a key: he knew the place was vacant and had come in through a window.

ETA: My point is that someone who worked on a house in the past may know it was vacant.

(FYI, not bashing handymen! I just remember that particular incident.)

Wouldn't more than one person actually make more sense?
The time frame is so tight, that it would have been hard (definitely not impossible, but hard) for one person to pull this off, without anyone actually seeing the grab or disappearance. But 2 people get stuff done twice as fast.

That's the major point they made on the case last night on HLN, that the 'window of opportunity' was so very short when she was taken. They said the minute the other kids got home and saw she wasn't there they immediately went out searching for her. There was no wasted time. xox

ETA: Just thinking, but that window would be from the time she left the other kids until those other kids walked to hewr house, saw she wasn't home and walked back to where she had left them, right? Maybe a local would know how long a time that would be. Last night they made it sound like a 15 to 20 min window. If she was half way home on the 1 mile walk, I think it would be a mile for the kids to walk to her house and then back to where she left them - 1/2 mile each way. How long would that take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haizljnes01