FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did Somer's siblings say they saw her close to home? I haven't seen those reports...

Police are saying the last place she was last seen in the area of 1080 Gano which is what prompted them (so they say) to look in the vacant house to begin with.

My point is 1080 isn't close to home, but rather closer to her school
as per google:
School to home is 1 mile or a 19 minute walk
School to 1080 Gano is .3 of a mile or 5 minute walk
1080 Gano to home is .7 of a mile or 2 minute walk...

As for who said they saw her a last???? Kyle we now know made a claim she was right there at the house telling them they do good work.

I do not have the link only repeating what a previous poster stated on this thread, If someone can provide the link to that post that would be great, I cannot find it, perhaps they posted a link. In the mean time I will happily edit my statement so as to not cause confusion.

Who saw her last?

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4336213&postcount=64"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL-Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park thread #6[/ame]

Is the reason they searched the vacant house because the boy mentioned in this post said he saw her there?

Maz

:cow:

My 1st post, so please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong :p I've been reading thru the posts and something really stands out to me regarding the fact that Somer apparently "wandered" on her way home from school from time to time. The quote from her babysitter said it could be anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour for her to return home from school. And it didn't appear anyone really followed up on that issue...other than the mom had a list of Somer's friends phone numbers to call to see where she was. Isn't it possible that Somer had already become "acquainted" with someone in the neighborhood? Someone could have already been luring her in for some time. This could have been in the works for awhile
Welcome! :) I think this is very possible! Also, it's rather upsetting that this kind of behavior was allowed. She should have been told she must come straight home and then if she wants to go to a friends house go later. A lot of valuable time seems to have been lost when she did go missing with probably thinking she'd just stopped off somewhere. I also believe this previous behavior could've been a perfect set up for the perp ~ maybe he too knew no one would be looking for a while. MOO

can someone bump up or refer me to the saved pic of sp from his website....tyia

tarabull it seems by your remark upon editing that I have offended you. I simply asked you to edit your post to follow posting rules. I apologise if you found this offensive. I simply want this thread to remain open.

Maz

can someone bump up or refer me to the saved pic of sp from his website....tyia

Here ya be - from last nights discussion

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4338014&postcount=396"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4338014&postcount=396[/ame]

I do not have the link only repeating what a previous poster stated on this thread, If someone can provide the link to that post that would be great, I cannot find it, perhaps they posted a link. In the mean time I will happily edit my statement so as to not cause confusion.

Who saw her last?

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL-Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park thread #6

Is the reason they searched the vacant house because the boy mentioned in this post said he saw her there?

Maz

:cow

here's the news VIDEO link.
http://www.wftv.com/video/21409330/index.html

Reporter says he just spoke with a guy named KYLE who claims he was the last person to see Somer. That she ran up to the Gano house and told him?/them "they were doing a good job on the renovations."

Reporter confirms he was told LE questioned both him and Vinson.

Don't think it's the same person - different middle initials and different locations.

I agree -- they look nothing alike. I think the SO resembles the guy behind Mom in the video recorded after Somer's body was identified...

here's the news VIDEO link.
http://www.wftv.com/video/21409330/index.html

Reporter says he just spoke with a guy named KYLE who claims he was the last person to see Somer. That she ran up to the Gano house and told him?/them "they were doing a good job on the renovations."

Reporter confirms he was told LE questioned both him and Vinson.
Thank you but the link I am looking for is from here. Someone posted here that Somer's siblings stated they last saw her closer to home instead of in front of the vacant house. It was mentioned that she could have double backed to the vacant house if what her siblings said was accurate. That is the link that is needed.

ETA: Here is the link and the post I was referring to. The poster provided no link either.

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4336614&postcount=146"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL-Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park thread #6[/ame]

Maz

Honestly I think this case will either be solved soon by DNA or it won't be solved for a long time, if ever.

Whew ... caught up on reading just as it's time for me to leave my house.

It's scary iMO to see all those RSOs (on map) near Somer's house --are they all child predators or are some other sexually-related crimes?

IIRC, law enforcement said that no local SO was involved; has that changed? I wonder why there was a surge in looking at SOs again.

Forming an opinion on who the perp is would be a lot easier if we had insight into the evidence LE has ... but I understand the need to keep quiet.

YES, place your mouse over the word PREDATOR and it will take you to a site that displays this RSO's info.

NOTE: he is a designated SEXUAL PREDATOR vs Sexual Offender.....more evil in the eyes of the courts.

thanks - Oh, I remember now, this guy has a woman with him named Debbie A. R. also her name is one of his tattoos. He has a couple birth dates, addresses and ages. This sicko has an an offense with a child of 6yo. I can hardly stand to look at his pic. mho

Have I missed something important? I can't figure out why so much interest in SP, mom's friend who was asked to stay until the kids got home that day. What have I missed? TIA

Locals, how reliable is this news channel, WFTV?

I find it suspicious that someone would admit, now, at this stage of the game, that they were the last ones to see Somer.
Not to mention, if this guy said he was the last one to see Somer alive, doesn't that technically make it a confession? The last person to ever see a murder victim alive...is usually a murderer. IMO.
So, someone admits via phone to this reporter that they were the last one to see a little girl just before she was murdered, and best yet, this happens to be a Channel 9 exclusive...

I am suspicious of this man, Kyle, if he exists. But, at this point, I wouldn't even bet money that he does, or that his name is really Kyle.

I find it suspicious that someone would admit, now, at this stage of the game, that they were the last ones to see Somer.
Not to mention, if this guy said he was the last one to see Somer alive, doesn't that technically make it a confession? The last person to ever see a murder victim alive...is usually a murderer. IMO.
So, someone admits via phone to this reporter that they were the last one to see a little girl just before she was murdered, and best yet, this happens to be a Channel 9 exclusive...

I am suspicious of this man, Kyle, if he exists. But, at this point, I wouldn't even bet money that he does, or that his name is really Kyle.

Wonder if Kyle? was paid for that interview?

IIRC this Kyle guy happen to be a call in type interview... right?
So- who even knows if his name is even Kyle at all....?? kwim

Have I missed something important? I can't figure out why so much interest in SP, mom's friend who was asked to stay until the kids got home that day. What have I missed? TIA
Nothing in my opinion but others feel he still needs looking at.

Maz

The "doing a good job on the house" made me think that it was something an adult said and that Somer (if she actually said it) was repeating.

I have a 3 year old who often says things that my family recognize as "me" saying it.

*Technically not caught up; still have Thread 5 to finish. But have obligation which will take me away until this evening.

I don't think of it necessarily as a confession, but often the last known person to see a victim alive is also the primary suspect. In this case, it could just be that no one else (besides the perp) saw her after Kyle did. I would also think though if Kyle does exist, LE either has talked to him or definitely wants to now. MOO

Hey, can a mod start a new thread and lock this one? It's getting hard to navigate!

Thanks!

I'm not fully caught up on what I missed so far today, but did anyone contact the reporter? I know there was talk of it last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haizljnes01