FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Were you able to get the video to play all the way through, or did it black out and go quiet for a bumps during questions for you?

Just curious if it is me or not.
TIA

Hi Kewpiedoll,

Not just you....did the same for me. Does make one wonder what was said. Hopefully something that leads to the arrest of the murderer.

from my understanding, this fire happened 3 months ago, school not in session at that time....I think the home is a brick home, but not positive, and with all the brush around it, not likely to be noticed by a 7 yr old....MO...I will look today and see what has been done with the outside. I do not see a 7 yrs old saying "nice roof guys".....MO

BBM

Especially one who is upset with her siblings and friends due to teasing!!!

Can anyone give me a quick rerun of the white van issue that was brought up way earlier in this thread? I know I read something about a white van. But now for the life of me I can't find it. I also saw a google image of the vacant Gano house with a white van or SUV type vehicle sitting in the driveway and thought someone drew some parallel between the two vehicles. The reason I'm asking is I just came across a fairly new news story with a photo of a white van/vehicle in what appears to be the Thompson driveway. Here's link to the story w/photo. http://www.newser.com/article/d9bi51mo1/police-vetting-more-than-1000-tips-chasing-leads-in-slaying-of-fla-girl-found-in-landfill.htm

Where are you looking this up??? Care to share more 411....It IS interesting that's for sure.
the person who comes up as the renter (i guess) at 1080 gano is also in affiliation with the clothing closet for children........

Hi Kewpiedoll,

Not just you....did the same for me. Does make one wonder what was said. Hopefully something that leads to the arrest of the murderer.

Thanks-- it goes black and silent right when Dieana starts with her answer with meeting up with LE and going to the OPAA parking lot. IIRC the question was asking her if she could think of anything different or strange.
She (Dieana) stated she knew something was wrong right away, and not that Somer just didn't come home.

At the end this black out / silence happened again and I forget the message she was working on.

I think the media and LE did a quick edit on this information for a reason.

My son saw LE pull over a white van on Friday morning....this was on Kingsley Ave....windows were busted out of the van,all except the windshield and back ones. 5-6 LE cars around it, had a guy over to the side talking to him. This was around 9am on Friday....My son called me then and told me about it....wonder if this is the same van you are referring to?

found it.........

A person initials br is an employee there who also shows a listing at the burned house...........fwiw

not sure what you were looking for............

the person who comes up as the renter (i guess) at 1080 gano is also in affiliation with the clothing closet for children........

riiiiiiiiiight. where are you searching????? Have you check if the same person is also an RSO?

Mother talks about grief, anger, and determination.

http://www.news4jax.com/video/21402291/index.html

When reporter ask her of anything strange or different she starts talking about the day she flagged down the officer, and she knew this was not like Somer going to someone's house. The video goes black and no audio when she starts talking about her and the officer going to the OPAA Parking lot. grrrrr... What is OPAA... anyone know? Also, at least for me the video blacks out and silent again toward the end.
Did LE and Media decide this was too much info or is this just my computer failing to play all of this?

This is very interesting because it let's us know that afternoon they went to the area near where Somer was last seen. So...that means Clayton G could have be interviewed in that area right after Somer's disappearance. Maybe he was walking through the park.

My son saw LE pull over a white van on Friday morning....this was on Kingsley Ave....windows were busted out of the van,all except the windshield and back ones. 5-6 LE cars around it, had a guy over to the side talking to him. This was around 9am on Friday....My son called me then and told me about it....wonder if this is the same van you are referring to?

Possible it's same van from vacant house, but doesn't appear to be same in Thompson driveway. Doesn't appear windows are busted out of it in photo. Thanks.

at 2:42 minutes in on this video there is footage & report of a van (BROWN) being pulled over and it's on Kingsley...

riiiiiiiiiight. where are you searching????? Have you check if the same person is also an RSO?
yes I checked, and didnt find him could be relative tho or someone else living with him......I googled the clothing closet and used white pages......I would link but dont think im allowed...........

Mother talks about grief, anger, and determination.

When reporter ask her of anything strange or different she starts talking about the day she flagged down the officer, and she knew this was not like Somer going to someone's house. The video goes black and no audio when she starts talking about her and the officer going to the OPAA Parking lot. grrrrr... What is OPAA... anyone know? Also, at least for me the video blacks out and silent again toward the end.
Did LE and Media decide this was too much info or is this just my computer failing to play all of this?

I want to know the name of the officer Diena flagged down, I want to know if he is the same officer who drives the Nissan and I want to know if he was involved in tailing the trash trucks to the landfill in GA.
Someone please tell me these are three different people...it would make me feel much easier about the fact that a police officer was obviously in the neighborhood area when Somer disappeared.

This was originally posted by momtective and added to by FifthEssence. I'm bringing it forward - this names all the sex offenders around Somer (don't know if they are all pedophiles) so maybe we can start sleuthing these sickos first. This nicely lays out the proximity of somer and the SO and may lend some info as to which ones she got to know, if any! I'll start by doing back ground and criminal back ground checks.

Is there a last name to the SO FifthEssence added? TIA

Thanks Eyes for bringing that map forward as I hadn't seen it.

I wonder if there are any statistics that show how often SO's strike within close proximity to their own homes? Or do they more often travel out of their own neighborhoods to look for a victim?

Considering there are 161 SO's within a 5 mile radius of Somer's home, that means 32 live within a mile of her house, including the ones on this map. That is a startling number to deal with.

Supposedly all 161 have been ruled out by LE which would mean it could be someone who has not been caught and put on the registered list. I wonder about that :waitasec:

There is an RSO (L/L act child under 16) that works at 289 Gano, which apparently is next door to where RSO Kuhn lives.
Initials are AT...I think I can post the whole name here, but not 100%.
What is at 289 Gano?

hmm....It's an A/C contractor...are they that far along in the house?

from my understanding, this fire happened 3 months ago, school not in session at that time....I think the home is a brick home, but not positive, and with all the brush around it, not likely to be noticed by a 7 yr old....MO...I will look today and see what has been done with the outside. I do not see a 7 yrs old saying "nice roof guys".....MO
Brick gets damaged in fires too. I suppose it all depends on the child. My son notices everything, he has a photographic memory that comes from his ASD. We don't know what type of child Somer was...it is quite possible she noticed more than an average child did. I agree she probably didn't say "nice roof guys" but I think it is possible for her to say "you guys are doing a great job" the phrasing is simple and something a 7 year old child says. Both my kids have said this before.

Especially one who is upset with her siblings and friends due to teasing!!!
She may have been upset with her siblings but we don't know just how upset she was. If she did double back (since it was stated here by another poster that her siblings say they saw her closer to home) she had ample time to cool off and her frame of mind could have been calmer than it was earlier.

MOO

Maz

I want to know the name of the officer Diena flagged down, I want to know if he is the same officer who drives the Nissan and I want to know if he was involved in tailing the trash trucks to the landfill in GA.
Someone please tell me these are three different people...it would make me feel much easier about the fact that a police officer was obviously in the neighborhood area when Somer disappeared.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/10/22/police.report.pdf

Page 5 says: "D/S Coan told me he was flagged down this afternoon at the intersection of Floyd Circle West and Gano Ave. by Diena Thompson, reporting party. He said D. Thompson told him that her daughter, Somer Thompson, did not return home from school this afternoon. He said they then relocated to the residence of D. Thompson (insert address here).

Thanks for the response, DSN... The first post I quoted was the one that made me wonder, however. And I'm with you - that's the first I had heard of an RSO being in the home and I wanted to know where this info came from. We definitely don't want rumors generated from here as fact b/c before you know it, it ends up elsewhere as well - other boards, etc., and then is regarded as truth.

Thanks again. Perhaps Rhyme & Reason can chime in with where that info came from and if there's any truth to it.

Sorry guys, I don't want to start rumors either. I don't know if I can post my explanation without seeming to start a rumor again!

In the middle of schoolwork, but can someone repost a pic of SP (Mom's friend), please? I know we didn't find any SO info on him in Florida, but I just came across this link that has me sifting through posts that contain his name...but I'm running out of time.

http://www.nsopw.gov/Core/ResultDetails.aspx?index=1&x=935E5D76-24A6-42CD-9DA3-B4E500EB9BDB

The guy resembles the guy we were discussing behind Mom in one of the videos -- black shirt with eagle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loislooking