FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason, I wonder if there are any juvenile offenders in the area....I would have thought Olten more of a sex crime, and Somer an older kid, it all seems out of order to me.

FWIW there are TWO RSOs on Gano...they live in the same block, so maybe there is an apt complex or something there?

Despite how good this "Kyle" looks, and I brought him up in the first place, just doesn't feel like an RSO to me.

Can someone please remind me some way of the boyfriend's name? I get all mixed up between these two cases, I apologize.

My 1st post, so please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong :p I've been reading thru the posts and something really stands out to me regarding the fact that Somer apparently "wandered" on her way home from school from time to time. The quote from her babysitter said it could be anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour for her to return home from school. And it didn't appear anyone really followed up on that issue...other than the mom had a list of Somer's friends phone numbers to call to see where she was. Isn't it possible that Somer had already become "acquainted" with someone in the neighborhood? Someone could have already been luring her in for some time. This could have been in the works for awhile

Great first post, Alexandra! I hadn't thought of that before! When I was a tad bit older than her, some friends and I used to cut through a guy's house to eat strawberries from his garden. He then started giving us candy bars. Nothing sinister happened with him that I am aware of, but I don't think I ever told my parents about him either!

CritterGroupWTTG.gif

Sorry to post again on this request but for some reason I'm stuck on it. I did find numerous traffic offenses for SP, just like R&R stated. However, I could not find any sex offenses. Playing devil's advocate here: when someone is accused but not convicted, it obviously does not make them an RSO. However, there should still be some record of the initial charge. Is that info available without paying for it? Just an idea that I want to follow up on so my mind will move on. Thanks!

I think R&R is confused and has the contractor's RSO brother (who has a sex offense on his record) we were sleuthing the other night mixed up w/SP who DOES NOT have a sex offense on his record.

Don't know if they were inside or out. I guess it's possible they were outside or inside at the windows or something.

BUT, the reason it doesn't seem right to me is because.....I find it hard to believe that an upset little girl who had run away from her siblings would stop and compose herself enough to make a comment like that to anyone.

So many others say they saw her running away, looking upset, frowning, etc. Why would she stop and at that house to say that and apparently she didn't look upset or anything to them because it wasn't mentioned. Doesn't make sense to me.

I have looked back and cannot find the comment Somer made to Kyle. Would someone please tell me what it was. tia

Were you able to get the video to play all the way through, or did it black out and go quiet for a bumps during questions for you?

Just curious if it is me or not.
TIA

OH no my dear! NO it's not just you!!!

Anybody lucky enough to have viewed this story before the black out was added????

IT sure is interesting.....seems she is detailing the chain of events - maybe she mentions the RSO who appears on the MPR??!?!?

After seeing that, I'm certain LE has someone in their sights and they are being very careful about what gets to us.

I think them saying all 161 RSO's have checked out is just a means of baiting the suspect....by telling either half lies, only partial truths and even whole lies in order to break this case.

There BETTER be an arrest soon....otherwise, there are a lot of people that are in for a lot of sleepless nights.

A friend of mine who lives in the area said she heard on the news today that the abandoned house is the crime scene and that LE has no suspects. I looked through this thread for today and don't see evidence of any links to that fact. Let's keep our eyes open. If LE says this IS the crime scene, we are one giant step closer to finding the who killed our precious little girl.

I think R&R is confused and has the contractor's RSO brother (who has a sex offense on his record) we were sleuthing the other night mixed up w/SP who DOES NOT have a sex offense on his record.

Thanks for posting this - I agree, and I searched the RSO list and SP is *not* listed. However, part of what R&R posted is true - the numerous traffic offenses. So now I'm wondering if the 2nd part is completely false and related to KR and the two backgrounds somehow got merged? It's just the part about getting past the traffic offenses to the sex offenses that now has me needing to rule that out. I did find the traffic offenses but nothing at all about a sex offense. So I was just trying to see if there is somewhere else to search that R&R's source came across.

Again, I apologize for being stuck on this as I do think SP is not a RSO and the two backgrounds somehow were merged in someone's mind. I think I'll let it go for now... :)

Don't know if they were inside or out. I guess it's possible they were outside or inside at the windows or something.

BUT, the reason it doesn't seem right to me is because.....I find it hard to believe that an upset little girl who had run away from her siblings would stop and compose herself enough to make a comment like that to anyone.

So many others say they saw her running away, looking upset, frowning, etc. Why would she stop and at that house to say that and apparently she didn't look upset or anything to them because it wasn't mentioned. Doesn't make sense to me.

The only way this would make sense to me is:

* this was not her first time to the vacant home
* per babysitter Somer did not come home with the others on time on several occassions, hence the Mother providing her with a list of friends/phone numbers for when this happened.
* the occassions she did not arrive home with the other children, the vacant house could have been her place to go. Per babysitter- she liked tree-houses and pools. Vacant house with renovation I know is not tree-house, however vacant and a house.
* the vacant house had workers and Somer could have got to know one of them during her stop's along the way home.
* Somer was familiar with this home, and obviously 'someone' that worked or hung out there.

Easy for her to be upset, and run to a familiar place-person.
I hope this makes sense??

I didn't read or hear anything that suggests that. Workers go in and out of the place they are working on all the time. Carrying in supplies and carrying out rubble.

MOO

Maz
I agree that they go in and out all the time carrying rubble, but from what I remembered hearing, the house was gutted from the fire, tells me they were rebuilding the INSIDE of the home, how could Somer tell if they were doing a good job on it, if she hadn't been inside to SEE?? I am going by in a few min, and will see if anything has been redone on the outside that would catch a little girls attn to make such a comment....

Thanks for posting this - I agree, and I searched the RSO list and SP is *not* listed. However, part of what R&R posted is true - the numerous traffic offenses. So now I'm wondering if the 2nd part is completely false and related to KR and the two backgrounds somehow got merged? It's just the part about getting past the traffic offenses to the sex offenses that now has me needing to rule that out. I did find the traffic offenses but nothing at all about a sex offense. So I was just trying to see if there is somewhere else to search that R&R's source came across.

Again, I apologize for being stuck on this as I do think SP is not a RSO and the two backgrounds somehow were merged in someone's mind. I think I'll let it go for now... :)

no need to apologize-I was not referring to KR in my post-I was referring to the Vinson guy we discussed Fri. night-he is a brother to the contractor working on the Gano Ave. house. He had several traffic offenses, also.
His brother stated on the news that his sex offense was related to an underage girlfriend he had 14 yrs. ago when he was 19. He also has a 2002 sex offense charge that was dropped. I did notify the mod to get the info. removed about SP having a sex offense. I don't think R&R posted the info. intentionally-just confusion which is understandable in these cases where several people are looked into.
It's all good!

I can't believe that a 6-yr-old would wander around for up to an hour without someone calling the police. If it were one of my children, I would go ballistic within five minutes of running around and not being able to locate them. I understand that it wasn't the mom, though - it was the sitter. But still - I babysat alot as a teen, and I would've been searching myself and then calling the parents ASAP if I didn't find a child pretty quickly. Just b/c it's her normal behavior doesn't meant it's safe. And, yes, it's possible that she became acquainted with someone during that time - someone a young child should not become acquainted with.

The only way this would make sense to me is:

* this was not her first time to the vacant home
* per babysitter Somer did not come home with the others on time on several occassions, hence the Mother providing her with a list of friends/phone numbers for when this happened.
* the occassions she did not arrive home with the other children, the vacant house could have been her place to go. Per babysitter- she liked tree-houses and pools. Vacant house with renovation I know is not tree-house, however vacant and a house.
* the vacant house had workers and Somer could have got to know one of them during her stop's along the way home.
* Somer was familiar with this home, and obviously 'someone' that worked or hung out there.

Easy for her to be upset, and run to a familiar place-person.
I hope this makes sense??

I agree . It only makes sense to me that she had been INSIDE the house if she said they were doing a good job on the renovations. And depending on what work was being accomplished on the house, there may have been days where only 1 person was there working on it at a time...not a whole crew. But it still seems strange IMO that multiple workers were there the day she went missing...that is correct isn't it??

This is very interesting to me gypsyblue......thanks
cam....I dont know if you saw my other post to you but I was wondering what your curiousity about the clothing closet was? ........

....the person affiliated with the burned house on gano also is affiliated with this building so I am curious..tyia

cam....I dont know if you saw my other post to you but I was wondering what your curiousity about the clothing closet was? ........

....the person affiliated with the burned house on gano also is affiliated with this building so I am curious..tyia
Oh WOW, no I did not see your other post.....my curiousity with the clothing closet is its location, back in the woods right behind picnic area that little Somer walked by on her way home, right across the street from that home....please tell me what you found about the MP inspector.....I am so stuck on this guy.....

If we are thinking that the info actually applied to younger V construction brother, I believe we earlier found traffic citations and a 2002 sexual crime in the Clay County court database that may not show up on his sexual SO listing. I'll go back and try to find the link, if this is who you're talking about.

I agree . It only makes sense to me that she had been INSIDE the house if she said they were doing a good job on the renovations. And depending on what work was being accomplished on the house, there may have been days where only 1 person was there working on it at a time...not a whole crew. But it still seems strange IMO that multiple workers were there the day she went missing...that is correct isn't it??

I need to go back and find the video link where Kyle makes this comment to the reporter, and watch again to know if 'several' workers were there, or if Kyle was there alone. I've read and watched so many videos that I am not keeping them straight in my mind. lol........ :)

Have added one more undesirable Predator to the map you put together.

RSOonnearGano.jpg

Note the BULLSEYE marking on the very WEST side of the map. This person resides about 1 mile West of the DeBarry+Gano intersection.

This was originally posted by momtective and added to by FifthEssence. I'm bringing it forward - this names all the sex offenders around Somer (don't know if they are all pedophiles) so maybe we can start sleuthing these sickos first. This nicely lays out the proximity of somer and the SO and may lend some info as to which ones she got to know, if any! I'll start by doing back ground and criminal back ground checks.

Is there a last name to the SO FifthEssence added? TIA

found it.........

A person initials br is an employee there who also shows a listing at the burned house...........fwiw

not sure what you were looking for............

Where are you looking this up??? Care to share more 411....It IS interesting that's for sure.

I agree that they go in and out all the time carrying rubble, but from what I remembered hearing, the house was gutted from the fire, tells me they were rebuilding the INSIDE of the home, how could Somer tell if they were doing a good job on it, if she hadn't been inside to SEE?? I am going by in a few min, and will see if anything has been redone on the outside that would catch a little girls attn to make such a comment....
A house that was gutted by fire will have obvious damage to the outside as well. Smoke damage to the outside where siding will need to be replaced, windows broken out during the fire will need to be replaced, the roof will need to be repaired and/or replaced, doors etc.

Maz

A house that was gutted by fire will have obvious damage to the outside as well. Smoke damage to the outside where siding will need to be replaced, windows broken out during the fire will need to be replaced, the roof will need to be repaired and/or replaced, doors etc.

Maz
from my understanding, this fire happened 3 months ago, school not in session at that time....I think the home is a brick home, but not positive, and with all the brush around it, not likely to be noticed by a 7 yr old....MO...I will look today and see what has been done with the outside. I do not see a 7 yrs old saying "nice roof guys".....MO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hskrgrl1955