FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This article was written prior to Somer being found but it is the first I've read of her running off being a known behavior so will post lest others haven't read.

It lends some understanding to SP's actions re sending sibling back out to find Somer rather than calling mother right off. Also suggests Somer may not have stayed on the direct path to home.

Search for Somer Renee Thompson continues into the night

.......Megan Reese said running off unattended wasn’t anything new for Somer. Reese, 17, said she baby-sat Somer and her two siblings for a little more than a month this year. That’s why she took to an intersection off West Gano Avenue and passed out fliers of the auburn-haired girl.

She said the 7-year-old is headstrong and often jumped ahead of her brother and sister on the way back from school and made her way back by herself. These trips usually took anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour, and she said Diena Thompson had a list of phone numbers for the parents of Somer’s friends in case she was gone for too long.

“She’d be gone and then just show up when I’d be calling one of her friend’s parents,” Reese said.

She said she never knew where Somer ran to, but she loves treehouses and swimming pools. The reason why she ran might be more clear.

“She’d always talk about other kids picking on her,” Reese said. “That’s probably what set her off and made her run. I hope she’s just in a treehouse somewhere hiding out.”

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...somer_renee_thompson_continues_into_the_night

This article was written prior to Somer being found but it is the first I've read of her running off being a known behavior so will post lest others haven't read.

It lends some understanding to SP's actions re sending sibling back out to find Somer rather than calling mother right off. Also suggests Somer may not have stayed on the direct path to home.

Search for Somer Renee Thompson continues into the night

.......Megan Reese said running off unattended wasn’t anything new for Somer. Reese, 17, said she baby-sat Somer and her two siblings for a little more than a month this year. That’s why she took to an intersection off West Gano Avenue and passed out fliers of the auburn-haired girl.

She said the 7-year-old is headstrong and often jumped ahead of her brother and sister on the way back from school and made her way back by herself. These trips usually took anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour, and she said Diena Thompson had a list of phone numbers for the parents of Somer’s friends in case she was gone for too long.

“She’d be gone and then just show up when I’d be calling one of her friend’s parents,” Reese said.

She said she never knew where Somer ran to, but she loves treehouses and swimming pools. The reason why she ran might be more clear.

“She’d always talk about other kids picking on her,” Reese said. “That’s probably what set her off and made her run. I hope she’s just in a treehouse somewhere hiding out.”

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...somer_renee_thompson_continues_into_the_night

BBM
Wow! I wonder if there are any treehouses in the area that she would frequent. I hope LE has checked this out.

how did we get his name?? Im curious because I found a mp that is a home inspector for renovations rebuilds and remodels and such.....tyia
We got his name from the reporter on FCN that interviewed him.

We got his name from the reporter on FCN that interviewed him.
:croc: I found that thanks, I seen 3....so........

oh but I also think he looks like the first rso posted more than the others....in case you want mo....lol

Guys, in an earlier thread there was an article http://www.examiner.com/x-26504-Atlanta-Woman-to-Woman-Examiner~y2009m10d21-Update-on-missing-7-year-old-Florida-child-Somer-ThompsonI posted with comments by the former babysitter for Somer. She said that Somer would run off from the other kids and she never knew where she went. The former babysitter said that Somer liked treehouses and pools a lot. And that the mom would start calling friends and neighbors: so where would she find Somer? Seems weird. If Somer then just showed up, why didn't the babysitter or mom ask where she had been?

I asked if someone here good with Google Earth could look up the cross-street area where she was last seen to note any topigraphical, or other features. Good sleuthing everyone addressing some of the places she could have run to to hide from the other kids, like behind the fence or near that house.

I believe the perp has been watching children walk home from school and when they were outside playing. Somer may have caught his eye as one who would often wander away.

We need to know from the other children if Somer had often separated herself from them. They may be hesistant to admit it because they would feel guilty. If Somer often wandered away, have any of the other children divulged where she would typically go?

Call me puzzled.

Well hypothetically, it would sure have to be close.....

1080GanoGIS.jpg

http://qpublic5.qpublic.net/fl_clay...parcels+parcel_sales+roads+dims+parcels2+subs

interesting thing I noted, looking at the Clay County GIS

Check this piece of property out that's outlined in red below...it's county owned. Look how it fans back behind all the houses. To the left of it is what must be a city easment off of Grove Park. This whole thing creates a wooded, unocupied patch of land in a circle from the end of Solomon to Grove Park, and right up behind 1080 Gano.
GanoCountyowned.jpg

Went back through thread and see that I had missed the information re running off being a known behavior. Nice work on the map, Shutterfly.

Does anyone know were Somer's mother's boyfriend worked?

can someone pleaaaaaase refresh me on why cam was interested in that big building the clothes closet???

IIRC, all that was found in his record was numerous traffic offenses, correct? I've been wondering since last night because he was being discussed in the comments on a news site and someone said once you get past all the driving infractions on his record you will get to the sex offense part of his record???

G'morning one and all

R&R....i know this a lot to ask but do you think you might be able to find these comments??? or should we just check for records and see for our selves???

can someone pleaaaaaase refresh me on why cam was interested in that big building the clothes closet???

IIRC that was during the maps topic and the large lot section owned by the County. I think that building is behind the large vacant section and isolated enough for a drop in a dumpster?

Lurking with just a couple of posts...

Was the Gano property the crime scene? If workers were present, how could someone have abducted Somer on the Gano residence?

As to the construction brother previous employee, this man, at age 19, had sex with a 16 yr old, not exactly a standard pedophile.

thanks to all that helped me with "The Clothes Closet".....even tho city/county run, still has employees.......it is just in an odd location is my thoughts.....I plan on going by there tomorrow, is there anything that anyone would like a real pic of??? A better than google pic?? LOL
found it.........

A person initials br is an employee there who also shows a listing at the burned house...........fwiw

not sure what you were looking for............

G'morning one and all

R&R....i know this a lot to ask but do you think you might be able to find these comments??? or should we just check for records and see for our selves???

Don't know about R&R, but I checked the Florida RSO list and there is NOT a SP listed.

G'morning one and all

I think R&R is confused and has the contractor's RSO brother (who has a sex offense on his record) we were sleuthing the other night mixed up w/SP who DOES NOT have a sex offense on his record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member