FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI, I searched Florida's RSO site and SP is *NOT* listed.

Thank you for doing that. As I said, I don't want to start rumors either it was only a suggestion since quite a few people on a news site are suggesting they have seen him listed. Maybe he isn't registered in Florida? I wish they had posted a link but they did not and I'll just go away now!

Sorry guys, I don't want to start rumors either. I don't know if I can post my explanation without seeming to start a rumor again!

No worries. FYI, I checked the Nat'l RSO database and there is someone with that same name (which I will not post again so as not to get add'l rumors started :)) BUT a different BD and different state. Again, probably a dead-end but I just thought I'd help you out some with perhaps where the other info may have originated. PM me if you want b/c I'm stuck on this aspect. Thanks, R&R!

I very seriously doubt that a 7 year old girl would tell contractors that they are doing a good job. It sounds way too sophisticated of a remark to me. I absolutely agree that it is highly likely that Somer was hanging around the burnt house or she was being groomed by someone. That is why she came home late. Now if they would interview Somer's little friends and see if she mentioned anything to one of them about a special friend.

I want to know the name of the officer Diena flagged down, I want to know if he is the same officer who drives the Nissan and I want to know if he was involved in tailing the trash trucks to the landfill in GA.
Someone please tell me these are three different people...it would make me feel much easier about the fact that a police officer was obviously in the neighborhood area when Somer disappeared.

Ahha.... was the call made to 911 to get an officer out there right away, hence Diana flagging one down? OR like you said-- did she just happen to flag one down that was already in the area?? Great question...!! AND the officer she flagged down, would this be the same one that took the police report, or a different one that arrived to the scene?

No worries. FYI, I checked the Nat'l RSO database and there is someone with that same name (which I will not post again so as not to get add'l rumors started :)) BUT a different BD and different state. Again, probably a dead-end but I just thought I'd help you out some with perhaps where the other info may have originated. PM me if you want b/c I'm stuck on this aspect. Thanks, R&R!
I don't think they look anything alike and they also have different middle names. Not the same people imo.

Maz

:cow:

Brick gets damaged in fires too. I suppose it all depends on the child. My son notices everything, he has a photographic memory that comes from his ASD. We don't know what type of child Somer was...it is quite possible she noticed more than an average child did. I agree she probably didn't say "nice roof guys" but I think it is possible for her to say "you guys are doing a great job" the phrasing is simple and something a 7 year old child says. Both my kids have said this before.

She may have been upset with her siblings but we don't know just how upset she was. If she did double back (since her siblings state they saw her closer to home) she had ample time to cool off and her frame of mind could have been calmer than it was earlier.

MOO

Maz

Where did Somer's siblings say they saw her close to home? I haven't seen those reports...

Police are saying the last place she was last seen in the area of 1080 Gano which is what prompted them (so they say) to look in the vacant house to begin with.

My point is 1080 Gano isn't close to home, but rather closer to her school
as per google:
School to home is 1 mile or a 19 minute walk
School to 1080 Gano is .3 of a mile or 5 minute walk
1080 Gano to home is .7 of a mile or 2 minute walk...

As for who said they saw her a last???? Kyle we now know made a claim she was right there at the house telling them they do good work.

tarabull,

Please remove Diena's home address from your post. It is not allowed here. I'd hate to see this thread closed down again.

Maz

I don't think they look anything alike and they also have different middle names. Not the same people imo.

Maz

:cow:

I agree. I had already modified my post to reflect they don't look alike. They had similar features but I never thought it was the same person. So I just took out the looking similar part since it's irrelevant - it was just random thoughts of my own that don't belong in the post. Gone now. ;)

Just google "289 Gano"
You can put in "air conditioning" if you want.
I'm still trying to find out if they are the ones that also do cleanup/renovation work...I think that might be significant.

HTH

In the middle of schoolwork, but can someone repost a pic of SP (Mom's friend), please? I know we didn't find any SO info on him in Florida, but I just came across this link that has me sifting through posts that contain his name...but I'm running out of time.

http://www.nsopw.gov/Core/ResultDetails.aspx?index=1&x=935E5D76-24A6-42CD-9DA3-B4E500EB9BDB

The guy resembles the guy we were discussing behind Mom in one of the videos -- black shirt with eagle...
Don't think it's the same person - different middle initials and different locations.

There is an RSO (L/L act child under 16) that works at 289 Gano, which apparently is next door to where RSO Kuhn lives.
Initials are AT...I think I can post the whole name here, but not 100%.
What is at 289 Gano?
289 gano is an apartment complex....where did you see an ac company? tyia

G'morning one and all

R&R....i know this a lot to ask but do you think you might be able to find these comments??? or should we just check for records and see for our selves???

Not a lot to ask at all. Most of the comments were by some seemingly hysterical poster who thinks she has the whole thing solved but when others started saying it then it made me wonder. Link here: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/special/somer/news-article.aspx?storyid=147122&catid=338

I also saw references to him being an RSO on at least two other news sites but I don't recall which ones and don't have links.

Really I did not intend to start any rumors AT ALL and as I said I'll go away now, just wanted to answer your question.

Really I did not intend to start any rumors AT ALL and as I said I'll go away now, just wanted to answer your question.

Don't go away! Alot of info posted on WS comes from other sites, boards, news statements, etc... No worries. Stay. :)

I think R&R is confused and has the contractor's RSO brother (who has a sex offense on his record) we were sleuthing the other night mixed up w/SP who DOES NOT have a sex offense on his record.

No, not confused! Although most of the comments about SP were under the article about GV. The comments didn't say he wasd registered in Florida specifically, just that he is registered!

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/10/22/police.report.pdf

Page 5 says: "D/S Coan told me he was flagged down this afternoon at the intersection of Floyd Circle West and Gano Ave. by Diena Thompson, reporting party. He said D. Thompson told him that her daughter, Somer Thompson, did not return home from school this afternoon. He said they then relocated to the residence of D. Thompson (insert address here).

Ahha.... was the call made to 911 to get an officer out there right away, hence Diana flagging one down? OR like you said-- did she just happen to flag one down that was already in the area?? Great question...!! AND the officer she flagged down, would this be the same one that took the police report, or a different one that arrived to the scene?

Thanks tarabull for answering my burning question. So she did flag him down, 911 was not called and he was indeed in the neighborhood. Next question, what was he doing in the neighborhood? Normal patrol, responding to a call from a resident, directing traffic as children were release from school...what? Why did he just happen to be there and does he by any chance drive a dang Nissan?

Have added one more undesirable Predator to the map you put together.

RSOonnearGano.jpg

Note the BULLSEYE marking on the very WEST side of the map. This person resides about 1 mile West of the DeBarry+Gano intersection.

This was originally posted by momtective and added to by FifthEssence. I'm bringing it forward - this names all the sex offenders around Somer (don't know if they are all pedophiles) so maybe we can start sleuthing these sickos first. This nicely lays out the proximity of somer and the SO and may lend some info as to which ones she got to know, if any! I'll start by doing back ground and criminal back ground checks.

Is there a last name to the SO FifthEssence added? TIA

YES, place your mouse over the word PREDATOR and it will take you to a site that displays this RSO's info.

NOTE: he is a designated SEXUAL PREDATOR vs Sexual Offender.....more evil in the eyes of the courts.

OK, maybe I am wrong....for some reason another HVAC company on Blanding is coming up as that address also...maybe the owner lives on Gano. Either way, we still have an RSO that supposedly "works" at that address.
Apartment maintenance man maybe?

No, not confused! Although most of the comments about SP were under the article about GV. The comments didn't say he wasd registered in Florida specifically, just that he is registered!

Can you direct me to the specific comments by telling me which page #???

All I'm reading is comments about GV.....the RSO.

Thanks Eyes for bringing that map forward as I hadn't seen it.

I wonder if there are any statistics that show how often SO's strike within close proximity to their own homes? Or do they more often travel out of their own neighborhoods to look for a victim?

Considering there are 161 SO's within a 5 mile radius of Somer's home, that means 32 live within a mile of her house, including the ones on this map. That is a startling number to deal with.

Supposedly all 161 have been ruled out by LE which would mean it could be someone who has not been caught and put on the registered list. I wonder about that :waitasec:

Hi scandi - you're right, they have been ruled out. I believe pedophiles/SO/predators/molesters/ etc etc etc...probably know people who are similar to themselves. The first guy I looked up had family living within a few blocks and gave friends as reference that would also have to be reviewed. We have no idea how many around the area have not been caught - my guess is there are tons. Too much research without a computer program...I'll leave it to LE.

tracking child crime is almost impossible because each state has different terminology, plea bargains, protocol for the same crimes.

I believe the murderous pedophile who took Somer and dumped her in the trash knew of her and knew the area. this guy has a desperate, arrogant, confidence that blows me away. :furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
everyoneblooms