FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep wondering if a nearby apartment complex or the opaa had snack/soda machines. It would be an easy place for a rso to start up a conversation with a child.

That's the major point they made on the case last night on HLN, that the 'window of opportunity' was so very short when she was taken. They said the minute the other kids got home and saw she wasn't there they immediately went out searching for her. There was no wasted time. xox

That's a little confusing, too, considering that the babysitter from the summer had said that it wasn't unusual for Somer to wonder off for up to an hour at a time. So to think that everyone jumped into action doesn't fit with what the previous sitter said. Of course, it was a different sitter and perhaps he reacted differently than the other one. But my impression from what I had read was that no one would get too suspicious right off the bat if Somer wasn't at home. Make sense?

the crossing guard at Grove Park and Gano, told me she never made it to him....this is two doors past the 1080 Gano address.....now to see if my pics turned out....

grrrrrrrrrrr

then what corner did she take?

ok, now let me shoot some boys for playing around with my camera.....After all of that, only one pic, and it is not of the home, the memorial tree, the park, the clothes closet....it is a pic of the sign on McIntosh that is some kind of club.....odd tho....for those of you following Haleigh in the parking lot....I FOUND MY TRIANGLE!!! Went by Orange Park town hall for a few min, heard it announced at around 4:00, so far there they had raised $18,000 just today, and they are not done counting.....AWESOME!!

grrrrrrrrrrr

then what corner did she take?
The only turn she probably made was to turn left onto Gano right after leaving school. Otherwise the next turn she SHOULD have made would be a right turn onto Debarry Ave but she was never seen that far.

MOO

Maz

Can't wait to see Cam's pictures

ETA: oh well. Thanks for trying!

OK, I'll be honest..haven't looked at all the maps as there are so many...but I have a question.
If the school is on Gano, and the burned house is on Gano....wouldn't she pass that house to turn the corner? If so, then that corner would be the last place seen, not the house, correct?
Or did she turn a corner then go back to the house?
ugh, confusing

There could be a curve in the road between where she left the other children and where the house is.. not necessarily a turn onto another road. I don't know if that's the case -- I haven't looked at any maps -- but it could be.

I've put together a timeline from the LE report and the one thing that stands out to me is that Diena picked her older son A. up from OPAA...was he there looking for Somer, was he involved in sports at the AA complex and did he not go straight home from school but instead went to the AA complex. Did he arrive home with Abi or not?
Please adjust the timeline if need be.
2:32 School dismissed--- give 5min. for visiting friends, gathering materials
2:37 Kids leave the building walking toward 1080 Gano Ave. Normal walking time from school to 1080 Gano Ave. is 5 min. Somer ran ahead, probably putting her @ 1080 Gano Ave. 1-2 min before the other kids
2:40 Somer arrives at 1080 Gano Ave.
2:42 the other kids arrived @ 1080 Gano Ave.
The walk from 1080 Gano Ave. to Horton Dr. is about 15 min.
2:57-3:10 The kids (only Abi is mentioned in the LE Report) should have arrived home at Horton Dr. (giving a little extra time because kids do play around on the walk home).
3:10 Abi arrived home, I’m assuming Somer’s twin brother S. was with her but I haven't determined if Andrew was.
3:25-3:30 Abi returns back home SP sends her out again and tells her to look real good for Somer before we call your mama.
(30 min gap in time)
4:00-5:00 SP texts Diena (Somer didn’t come home from school) Diena leaves work, goes to OPAA to get Andrew and flags down officer Coan
4:20 Diena calls Charles Currier asking him to get off work so he could come home and help find Somer. He left work and drove to residence (as per MPR)
5:00 Charles Currier arrives @Horton Ave picks up Samuel and goes to look for Somer
Interviews are conducted at Diena's home on Horton.

Were all of the people who were interviewed and listed on the LE report actually at Diena's home? Could some of them especially CW Graham have been visiting SP?

My youngest took a few pics too, but he is not here right now, and I think he must have his camera with him....I saw only one dumpster at the ball park, and it is back in the ball park, not close to the road at all.....clothes closet did not have a dumpster....home looked as tho it had a new roof, and windows, nothing in my opinion a 7 yr old would take notice of.....home next to this one where I saw the punk rockers, had a camper off to the side of the yard next to the home being searched....fence in between, so know part of the land was fenced off as county between the two properties. There is a public bathroom right directly across the street from this home. Other dumpsters in the neighborhood are in apt complexes, other than that, I saw one dumpster on the corner of Kingsley and Debarry, but on the other side of Kingsley....ask me what you want to know and I will try to answer by what I saw today....Oh, the home next to this one had a smalll sign out front (handmade) that said "Magic Lawn Care"

There could be a curve in the road between where she left the other children and where the house is.. not necessarily a turn onto another road. I don't know if that's the case -- I haven't looked at any maps -- but it could be.

from Church on Gano Ave looking toward Solomon
GanolookingtowardSolomon.jpg

Between Solomon and the OPAA looking down Gano Ave.
betweenSolomonandthepark.jpg

At 1080 Gano looking down Gano toward crosswalk at Debarry.
GanopastparktoGroveparkcrossguard.jpg

No curves...straight road.

I've put together a timeline from the LE report and the one thing that stands out to me is that Diena picked her older son A. up from OPAA...was he there looking for Somer, was he involved in sports at the AA complex and did he not go straight home from school but instead went to the AA complex. Did he arrive home with Abi or not?
2:37 Kids leave the building walking toward 1080 Gano Ave. Normal walking time from school to 1080 Gano Ave. is 5 min. Somer ran ahead, probably putting her @ 1080 Gano Ave. 1-2 min before the other kids
2:57-3:10 The kids (only Abi is mentioned in the LE Report) should have arrived home at Horton Dr. (giving a little extra time because kids do play around on the walk home).
3:10 Abi arrived home, I’m assuming Somer’s twin brother S. was with her but I haven't determined if Andrew was.
3:25-3:30 Abi returns back home SP sends her out again and tells her to look real good for Somer before we call your mama.
(30 min gap in time)
4:00-5:00 SP texts Diena (Somer didn’t come home from school) Diena leaves work, goes to OPAA to get Andrew and flags down officer Coan
5:00 Charles Currier arrives @Horton Ave picks up Samuel and goes to look for Somer

Were all of the people who were interviewed and listed on the LE report actually at Diena's home? Could some of them especially CW Graham have been visiting SP?

Wasn't there a report she had been seen by the tanks?

Wow, Momtective - thanks for those pics! It even makes it more clear just exactly how a child could be difficult to find if they ran ahead of the group (and how easily someone could snatch a child and not be noticed): alot of trees, roads, houses, wooded areas close to the road, parks. AND, a long way for a 2nd-grader to walk to/from school in this day/age. Not from a physical perspective, but from a safety perspective, which is sad. :(

(30 min gap in time)

4:20 Diena calls Charles Currier asking him to get off work so he could come home and help find Somer. He left work and drove to residence (as per MPR)

I know I had posted last night about the kids reporting last seeing Somer closer to their residence versues the house on Gano. I obtained this info online from one of the news casts. Sorry, I didn't post a link. I will try to find it now.

Wow, Momtective - thanks for those pics! It even makes it more clear just exactly how a child could be difficult to find if they ran ahead of the group (and how easily someone could snatch a child and not be noticed): alot of trees, roads, houses, wooded areas close to the road, parks. AND, a long way for a 2nd-grader to walk to/from school in this day/age. Not from a physical perspective, but from a safety perspective, which is sad. :(
I completely agree. All the wooded areas alongside the road would make it very easy for somebody to snatch her and no one notice. It is too far for someone her age to walk since it does seem so isolated. MOO

(30 min gap in time)

Per the police report:

SP states that A Thompson and S Thompson arrived home at about 3:10 he asked where Somer was and was told what occurred He instructs A Thomspson to go look for her, she comes back 15 minutes later he instructs her to go back out and look for her real good before he calls her mother. Diena texts SP at 4pm to ask how the children were, he states Somer is not home and that A Thompson is looking for her. SP states that around 5pm Diena's boyfriend C Currier comes home from work. SP says that C Currier left shortly thereafter to look for Somer.

C. Currier received a call from Diena around 4:20 asking him to get off work and help find Somer. He then left work and drove to residence. He states he arrived at residence at about 5pm. He picked up Somer's twin and proceeded to search for Somer.

Above paraphrased by me. View report for exact wording.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2009m10d23-Read-police-report-from-Somer-Thompson-case

Maz

I just got home from 5 days with NO INTERNET...........drove me crazy!
I'm trying to catch up............I've been watching HLN/Fox
still no monster caught? any POI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members