GUILTY FL - Steven & Michelle Andrews, both 28, murdered, Fort Myers, 27 Dec 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks MistyGirl for the update and link. This was a sad, sad case.

Has he been tried yet?

I have been reading some of the links and the last trial date was set for October,

I was reading and I saw a date for Feb 2007 I believe - Let me see if can find it.

Found it

"FORT MYERS: NBC2 has learned Judge Thomas Reese has moved the trial of Fred Cooper to February 26, 2007. The delay came during a docket hearing in which the defense asked for a continuance."

More at link http://www.nbc-2.com/articles/readarticle.asp?articleid=9059&z=3&p=

I would be curious to know what little Miss Kellie has been up to lately?

I wonder if she has goen to see Fred in jail yet? Somethign tells me she has........just a feeling.

Thanks for posting the update. I was thinking about this case the other day and the similarities to the Michelle Young case with the 2 year olds being in the house.

MistyGirl said:
I was reading and I saw a date for Feb 2007 I believe - Let me see if can find it.

Found it

"FORT MYERS: NBC2 has learned Judge Thomas Reese has moved the trial of Fred Cooper to February 26, 2007. The delay came during a docket hearing in which the defense asked for a continuance."

More at link http://www.nbc-2.com/articles/readarticle.asp?articleid=9059&z=3&p=

I would be curious to know what little Miss Kellie has been up to lately?

I wonder if she has goen to see Fred in jail yet? Somethign tells me she has........just a feeling.
Thanks for posting the update,

At the link are the latest updates on the case. More documents have been released.
http://www.nbc-2.com/articles/readarticle.asp?articleid=10214&z=3&p=

The murderer apparently wanted to make sure the victims were dead. There was a footprint between Steve's shoulderblades and a bloody handprint (from a glove) on Michelle's left breast.

IMO, this was a rage killing committed by someone who knew the victims and really wanted to see them dead.

The article says that more evidence will be released Wednesday and that investigators say that they want the trial moved back towards summer.

Based on the evidence that they retrieved, it sure sounds to me like they've got their guy. I hope he gets the maximum penalty. My heart still aches for that little boy who will never know his parents.

It is now a DP case, so the closer it gets to trial and the more evidence there may be against him he may plea to LWOP,

SadieMae said:
This 2 year old could possibly have dialed 911. When my son was 14 months, I had my phone on speed dial to important numbers. I thought was just playing babbling on the phone and told him to hang it up now so he could get a bath. He kept saying "No, my Papa" so I just hung up the phone. Before I could get him up the stairs my phone rang, it was my Dad asking me why did I hang up on him! Ohmygosh, my son had been calling his Papa for over 2 weeks 3-4 times a day! :eek: He'd been calling my sister also. They thought I was calling them for him, but he knew even at that age which button to push to get his Papa. I just thought he was pretending he was talking on the phone. I showed him to dial 911 if "mommy got real sick" when he was 2. So it's possible that little guy knew how to get help for his parents.
Hi SadieMae:). I am just beginning to read about this story; but, I found what your young son was doing to be amazing(and so adorable, too).

Lion

Out there on the net are crime scene photos from the Andrews home, in one photo the telephones in the kitchen are shown,

it does not seem feasible that Lucasz could have climbed up onto the counter to get a phone down, plus there was blood all over his socks, so if he had climbed up somehow LE would have seen blood there, and in the reports there isn't any blood in the kitchen,

I don't know how LE are going to say Lucasz got the phone, unless they are going to say Fred Cooper went back to the scene, and phoned 911 and left the phone for Lucasz to find,

as witnesses from close to the scene say they saw an unknown white male on the morning of 27th (the murder happened either very late on the 26th or early hours 27th Decemeber 2005) at 6.55 am, and this witness Wilda Hayes says she saw a red motorcycle parked just outside the gates to the gated community (Freds bike is yellow)

Douglas Jimmo also saw a man at 6.50am on the 27th, in camoflage jacket, saw him again at 7.05am as he drove off for work,

the 911 call came in at 7.02 am,

so if the police think this unknown white male was Fred, then he had returned to the scene,

I wonder how much vocab Lucasz had, and whether he could help in any way with the investigation, he was able to show the first cop on the scene his parents bedroom, and it was obvious he had been in the crime scene due to the blood on his socks

A recent article on this case:

http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070504/NEWS0110/70504078/1075

snip

Accused murderer tries for fifth time to move trial

Fred Cooper and his attorneys hope the fifth time’s the charm.

Attorneys for the accused murderer filed a fifth ammended motion for change of venue this week, hoping to move the trial out of the county in which hundreds of newspaper articles, television reports and Internet postings have appeared on the topic...

In the motion, filed Wednesday, Public Defender Robert Jacobs said Cooper has received so much publicity that it makes “a fair evaluation of the evidence impossible in this case.”

Along with the initial motion for change of venue filed July 14, Cooper’s attorneys have filed amended motions on Aug. 17, Sept. 28, Oct. 25 and Jan. 12. They have filed nine compact discs of media reports as well as the hard copies and Cooper’s file with the Lee County Clerk of Court totals four boxes...

...Cooper is scheduled for trial Sept. 10.

Poor Fred.....he can run, but he can't hide from Steve Russell!

I saw that the trial is currently set for September 10, 2007. That's almost two years after the crime was committed. I wonder why an innocent man would prefer to sit in prison for that long instead of just getting on with the trial. Do you think that he is hoping for a plea deal or has been trying to negotiate one?

This whole case is just heartbreaking. Nothing good ever comes out of an affair. Someone always gets hurt and in this case two people lost their lives and a little boy is left without parents. I wish people would think before they start wondering if the grass is greener in some other pasture.

I wonder just what set that killer off? If the two lovers had really broken up and Steve and Michelle were trying to put their marriage back together then what happened to set the killer off? Did he just find out about the affair even if it was after the fact? He took a gun with him when he went to confront Steve so his intention was to use the gun I would guess.

In the Christmas letter Michelle said that her and Steve were more in love then ever. That makes sense after learning about the affair. Maybe they had worked through any previous problems that they had and she did feel that they were more in love then ever. Maybe she felt that their love was stronger then ever. It is just a shame that the affair ever happened and that their lives came to such a horrible end.

It wouldn't bother me if Fred got the death penalty. He won't though. He will end up getting LWOP which will take him off of the streets forever anyway.

My heart breaks for the little boy.......left without parents.
Kellie is left to live her life & enjoy her daughter. Makes me ill!!!

Motive doesn't make a murder. From what I've seen that's about all they have on Fred. Anybody could be responsible for this. We'll have to see what comes out a trial.

There is physical evidence linking Fred to the crime. There is no doubt that he killed them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtbag
Back